In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 08:45 AM   #2201
Insane Embellisher
 
cloetzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: in a craft room in Canada
Posts: 764
Default free cart promo from cricut - told that original receipt required

Hi Ladies, I just posted this on the main Tool & Product Talk thread but thought I'd also cross post here since I also 'asked' about it here...

************************************************** ***
I just got off the phone with Cricut... I asked if it HAD to be the ORIGINAL receipt (i.e. to send in to get the 2 free carts) I was told that it HAD TO BE THE ORIGINAL RECEIPT. I mentioned that my concern was that something might happen to the machine and I wouldn't be able to return it to Walmart with a photocopied receipt - the lady told me that the machine was warrantied by Cricut for 1 year (which is better then what Walmart covers them for or their return policy of 90 days max) so if anything happened all I had to do was call them and send them the photocopy. They would in turn send me a new machine at no cost.

So I have to keep a photocopy of the receipt for myself (just in case needed) but there was no way around not sending them the original if I wanted to free carts.
__________________
email: [email protected]
blog: http://cloesspace.blogspot.com/
cloetzu is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:36 PM   #2202
Hardware Hotshot
 
Scrapjanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The City That Never Sleeps
Posts: 4,654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
FYI ... you can download the new update to the DS if you need it .... It adds Tinker Bell, Cars, etc.....

It SAYS that the last update was August 08, but it is actually the new version. Don't forget to uninstall the old version before you update.


Here - http://www.cricut.com/cds/update.aspx
I was just going to post the same thing.
Scrapjanny is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:52 PM   #2203
Die Cut Diva
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,013
Default

There is a new update to the Design Studio. It gives so much more flexability for cutting things now. I did the updates to both my computers this morning.

Patti
pjw2855 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:17 AM   #2204
Hardware Hotshot
 
Scrapjanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The City That Never Sleeps
Posts: 4,654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjw2855 View Post
There is a new update to the Design Studio. It gives so much more flexability for cutting things now. I did the updates to both my computers this morning.

Patti

Could you explain the added features? All that is different, besides the new cartridges, seems to be that when you click on an image, the outline turns red. Then what do you do? I didn't see any explanation on Cricut.com. Maybe I just need to look harder. Thanks.
Scrapjanny is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:29 AM   #2205
Insane Embellisher
 
cloetzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: in a craft room in Canada
Posts: 764
Default

I read somethign about that but can't find the source - basically if you click on the image and it turns red then left click and a little window comes up then you can pick ignore and it won't cut that piece....I'll keep looking for the source that has pictures but this link lists the 'new' feautres: http://everythingcricut.blogspot.com...08-cricut.html just scroll down a bit to read them.


I also found this http://just-a-scrappin.blogspot.com/...know-this.html
__________________
email: [email protected]
blog: http://cloesspace.blogspot.com/

Last edited by cloetzu; 12-04-2008 at 06:38 AM..
cloetzu is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:26 AM   #2206
Die Cut Diva
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,013
Default

Scrapjanny.....I got the information for using the new features of the Design Studio in an e-mail from someone. I don't know where she got it. I haven't seen any explanation on the Cricut website nor the video to explain these new features.

What cloetzu is saying sounds about right. But that's all I know. I can't verify the information on the website cloetzu is including though.

I would suggest you just play around with the Design Studio to see what you can get the program to do that's different. What I've discovered in sitting down to it for a few hours is more than can be explained here.

Patti
pjw2855 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:17 PM   #2207
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walking the Moon, aMUSEd in funKY town
Posts: 22,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloetzu View Post
Hi Ladies, I just posted this on the main Tool & Product Talk thread but thought I'd also cross post here since I also 'asked' about it here...

************************************************** ***
I just got off the phone with Cricut... I asked if it HAD to be the ORIGINAL receipt (i.e. to send in to get the 2 free carts) I was told that it HAD TO BE THE ORIGINAL RECEIPT. I mentioned that my concern was that something might happen to the machine and I wouldn't be able to return it to Walmart with a photocopied receipt - the lady told me that the machine was warrantied by Cricut for 1 year (which is better then what Walmart covers them for or their return policy of 90 days max) so if anything happened all I had to do was call them and send them the photocopy. They would in turn send me a new machine at no cost.

So I have to keep a photocopy of the receipt for myself (just in case needed) but there was no way around not sending them the original if I wanted to free carts.
Well I am thankful I only got donuts and the Cricut on my receipt!

If I had a lot of purchases on a receipt I would be tempted to go back to customer services and see if they could print me another receipt etc.

Thanks for getting the information!
RiverIsis is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #2208
Crimping Master
 
3girls1guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 1,057
Default

Yea- still no call or email from Provo- pretty disappointing-

I was afraid it would be ORIGINAL RECEIPT ONLY! Which sucks- i have a printer, my father inlaws digital Camera, a GPS system and the Cricut all on that receipt.

I did go back to walmart - told her the whole thing- she tried for 30 minutes- all she could do was basically copy it on a printout- so no different than me.

I wish ProvoCraft could at least send back the original after they verified that it was legit.
3girls1guy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:00 PM   #2209
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 97,127
Default

FYI ... I'm really loving the ability to 'hide' certain lines when I cut. It's an EXCELLENT feature to add.




Now ...... if we could only get them to add 'select all' or multi-select.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:07 PM   #2210
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 97,127
Default

Has anyone else noticed the little cross-hairs that allow us to center images inside other images???? Cool. I think I like the new version.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:50 PM   #2211
Insane Embellisher
 
Felie68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New England
Posts: 804
Default

I haven't posted in a while, but I've been lurking. Does anyone know if the DS will EVER come out for Macs? I've e-mailed Cricut Support twice, but I've never gotten an answer. I feel like I'm missing out on so much by not having it.
__________________
Felicia

Sometimes the unexpected can turn into life's biggest joys...



Felie68 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:04 PM   #2212
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Posts: 100
Default

I am not sure of this, but in reading some of these threads I understand that there is a program that can be purchased for Mac that will enable the user to use programs designed for Windows. I am very interested in seeing this discussion as I am saving for a Mac.
__________________


Desiderata
craftexplorer is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:41 PM   #2213
Insane Embellisher
 
cloetzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: in a craft room in Canada
Posts: 764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3girls1guy View Post
Yea- still no call or email from Provo- pretty disappointing-

I was afraid it would be ORIGINAL RECEIPT ONLY! Which sucks- i have a printer, my father inlaws digital Camera, a GPS system and the Cricut all on that receipt.

I did go back to walmart - told her the whole thing- she tried for 30 minutes- all she could do was basically copy it on a printout- so no different than me.

I wish ProvoCraft could at least send back the original after they verified that it was legit.

How about going back to Walmart with your cricut - explain the situation to them then ask if you could return the cricut and then repurchase it right there on the spot. they may do that.

I haven't read anywhere of any confirmation of the SASE working - but if someone wants to know for sure just call cricut.
__________________
email: [email protected]
blog: http://cloesspace.blogspot.com/
cloetzu is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:51 PM   #2214
Insane Embellisher
 
lindsaymay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felie68 View Post
I haven't posted in a while, but I've been lurking. Does anyone know if the DS will EVER come out for Macs? I've e-mailed Cricut Support twice, but I've never gotten an answer. I feel like I'm missing out on so much by not having it.
They are missing the boat there! but you can get Sure cuts a lot (SCAL) for macs. It lets you cut all your fonts from your computer with your cricut as well as svg files you download or make using a free program called inkscape. I love it! I have more info about SCAL on my blog if you are curious. It also allows you to put it on two computores but they have to be the same formay such as 2 macs or 2 windows. PM me if you have questions.
lindsaymay is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:56 PM   #2215
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walking the Moon, aMUSEd in funKY town
Posts: 22,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloetzu View Post
How about going back to Walmart with your cricut - explain the situation to them then ask if you could return the cricut and then repurchase it right there on the spot. they may do that.

I haven't read anywhere of any confirmation of the SASE working - but if someone wants to know for sure just call cricut.
I think that is at least worth ringing the local Walmart about.
RiverIsis is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:00 PM   #2216
Hardware Hotshot
 
Scrapjanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The City That Never Sleeps
Posts: 4,654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
FYI ... I'm really loving the ability to 'hide' certain lines when I cut. It's an EXCELLENT feature to add.




Now ...... if we could only get them to add 'select all' or multi-select.
Can you please tell me how it works? How do you "hide" the lines, and how do you not cut them? Were there any directions posted on the Cricut site? Thanks!
Scrapjanny is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:03 PM   #2217
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 97,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapjanny View Post
Can you please tell me how it works? How do you "hide" the lines, and how do you not cut them? Were there any directions posted on the Cricut site? Thanks!

Select the shape you want on the DS. While it's selected, you can click on one of the lines within that shape. Right click on it at that point, and click the bottom option "Hide Contour Lines." That should make it cut without that particular line. It's very handy.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:09 PM   #2218
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 97,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapjanny View Post
Can you please tell me how it works? How do you "hide" the lines, and how do you not cut them? Were there any directions posted on the Cricut site? Thanks!

And, no. As far as I know, Cricut has posted NO new instructions. Not sure what they are thinking with some of this - or why in the world they aren't giving us a multi-select option. Their IT person must be totally incompetent - along with their technical communications department.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:23 PM   #2219
Insane Embellisher
 
cloetzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: in a craft room in Canada
Posts: 764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
And, no. As far as I know, Cricut has posted NO new instructions. Not sure what they are thinking with some of this - or why in the world they aren't giving us a multi-select option. Their IT person must be totally incompetent - along with their technical communications department.
My guess is that who ever created the software made it very 'bare bones' so that Cricut would go back to them over and over again to pay for 'upgrades' OR if it is a Cricut employee they are a techy but not a user of the software or any other mainstream software!!! Who ever heard of creating somethign like this and NOT including a multi-selection tool!!! URG!!!!! But I wonder if Cricut wanted that 'restriction' (of not being able to do too much like multi-select) so that we couldn't get too creative with carts thus limiting how many 'more' we buy? What I mean is if they make it a really great program with lots of flexibility maybe they are afraid we'll stick with the carts we have and not buy others? If that is their worry they dont' know their customer base very well! We are addicted and want more more more more more more!

I also think they are 'robbing' themselves of sales by not showing how much the new software is capable of. I know many have it but many many more would want it if they had more instructional videos or just plain text help files on the new features.

But I do have to say that the latest improvements are a step forward! I just hope they keep going forward!!!!
__________________
email: [email protected]
blog: http://cloesspace.blogspot.com/
cloetzu is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:33 PM   #2220
Matboard Maniac
 
SummerWar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas!
Posts: 212
Default

So, DS seems pretty popular... Is it a "must have" and do you all like it a lot? I've just jumped on the bandwagon in the last couple months, mostly due to cost and money issues, and I don't have that many carts yet, but I intend to! LOL! Should I get it? And should I get SCAL? I've heard that voids your warranty... Should I wait 9 more months to get SCAL or just do it now?

Thanks!
SummerWar is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:35 PM   #2221
Insane Embellisher
 
Felie68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New England
Posts: 804
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsaymay View Post
They are missing the boat there! but you can get Sure cuts a lot (SCAL) for macs. It lets you cut all your fonts from your computer with your cricut as well as svg files you download or make using a free program called inkscape. I love it! I have more info about SCAL on my blog if you are curious. It also allows you to put it on two computores but they have to be the same formay such as 2 macs or 2 windows. PM me if you have questions.
Thank you so much! I'm going to check it out now. Don't be surprised if you get an e-mail from me saying "Help!" lol
__________________
Felicia

Sometimes the unexpected can turn into life's biggest joys...



Felie68 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:01 PM   #2222
Insane Embellisher
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 750
Default DH has been talking to Santa

Hi!
DH works the night shift so on his "days" off he has trouble sleeping at night. When I got up this morning to get ready for work he handed me a printout from Custom Crops.

He ordered me an Expression machine and two cartridges. Plantain and Home Accents. Whoo Hoo!!!

Does the promotional going on through Provo Craft count if you bought the E from Custom Crops?

I'm so excited, it should be here before Christmas.
__________________
Happy Stamping, Cynthia
I only stamp on days that end with "Y"
http://ladybugstamperscraftsite.blogspot.com/
ladybugstamper2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:02 PM   #2223
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 97,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerWar View Post
So, DS seems pretty popular... Is it a "must have" and do you all like it a lot? I've just jumped on the bandwagon in the last couple months, mostly due to cost and money issues, and I don't have that many carts yet, but I intend to! LOL! Should I get it? And should I get SCAL? I've heard that voids your warranty... Should I wait 9 more months to get SCAL or just do it now?

Thanks!

Definitely a MUST have in my opinion. It totally changes the way you use your Cricut.

SCAL will void the warranty. My bugs are over a year old, so I'm going for that now. Of course ... it is only voided if they can prove that you've used SCAL on it ........
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:05 PM   #2224
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 97,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloetzu View Post
My guess is that who ever created the software made it very 'bare bones' so that Cricut would go back to them over and over again to pay for 'upgrades' OR if it is a Cricut employee they are a techy but not a user of the software or any other mainstream software!!! Who ever heard of creating somethign like this and NOT including a multi-selection tool!!! URG!!!!! But I wonder if Cricut wanted that 'restriction' (of not being able to do too much like multi-select) so that we couldn't get too creative with carts thus limiting how many 'more' we buy? What I mean is if they make it a really great program with lots of flexibility maybe they are afraid we'll stick with the carts we have and not buy others? If that is their worry they dont' know their customer base very well! We are addicted and want more more more more more more!

I also think they are 'robbing' themselves of sales by not showing how much the new software is capable of. I know many have it but many many more would want it if they had more instructional videos or just plain text help files on the new features.

But I do have to say that the latest improvements are a step forward! I just hope they keep going forward!!!!

See, that's the thing. I'm IT - degree in Applied Computer Science with a minor in Technical Communications - and there is NO way that a NORMAL IT person would release something without a multi-select. That's just NUTS.


And .... without a *GOOD* manual?! How insane is that?


I'm thrilled with the new things, but I sure wish it was even close to what is possible.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:06 PM   #2225
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 97,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugstamper2 View Post
Hi!
DH works the night shift so on his "days" off he has trouble sleeping at night. When I got up this morning to get ready for work he handed me a printout from Custom Crops.

He ordered me an Expression machine and two cartridges. Plantain and Home Accents. Whoo Hoo!!!

Does the promotional going on through Provo Craft count if you bought the E from Custom Crops?

I'm so excited, it should be here before Christmas.


Woohoo!!! Congrats on the new bug!!!
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:06 AM   #2226
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 169
Default

I need a little help regarding the DS. I just upgraded to the E-bug and haven't even turned it on yet, I'm still trying to sell the baby before I use the E. Here is my question. I have been thinking about the DS for sometime and knew I didn't want to get it until I got the E-bug and now that I have it I am getting a little scared of the DS. I'm not really good with the computer and I was wondering if it is hard to use? How hard is it to upgrade when the new carts come out? I don't want to spend the money on it if I can't really use it because I don't know how. Thanks for any feedback you have.
__________________
Laura
lms1130 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:35 AM   #2227
Insane Embellisher
 
lindsaymay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugstamper2 View Post
Hi!
DH works the night shift so on his "days" off he has trouble sleeping at night. When I got up this morning to get ready for work he handed me a printout from Custom Crops.

He ordered me an Expression machine and two cartridges. Plantain and Home Accents. Whoo Hoo!!!

Does the promotional going on through Provo Craft count if you bought the E from Custom Crops?

I'm so excited, it should be here before Christmas.
I think as long as it fits in the time frame (nov15th-dec15th 2008 i think) Enjoy!
lindsaymay is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:37 AM   #2228
Insane Embellisher
 
lindsaymay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerWar View Post
So, DS seems pretty popular... Is it a "must have" and do you all like it a lot? I've just jumped on the bandwagon in the last couple months, mostly due to cost and money issues, and I don't have that many carts yet, but I intend to! LOL! Should I get it? And should I get SCAL? I've heard that voids your warranty... Should I wait 9 more months to get SCAL or just do it now?

Thanks!
I'm getting an expression for christmas and it will be hooked right up to my computer and scal! No worries here! they won't know you use it unless you tell them since you update the firmware with DS (free trial version is fine) not scal. Do what makes you feel comfortable!
lindsaymay is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:18 AM   #2229
Insane Embellisher
 
cloetzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: in a craft room in Canada
Posts: 764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
See, that's the thing. I'm IT - degree in Applied Computer Science with a minor in Technical Communications - and there is NO way that a NORMAL IT person would release something without a multi-select. That's just NUTS.


And .... without a *GOOD* manual?! How insane is that?


I'm thrilled with the new things, but I sure wish it was even close to what is possible.

Wow Shell - you are a computer geek! but also crafty? You must be a whole/square brain (right/left brain test)! That's what I am too! Very analytical and process oriented but also creative!

My guess is that they hired a first year summer student to do the work
__________________
email: [email protected]
blog: http://cloesspace.blogspot.com/
cloetzu is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:24 AM   #2230
Insane Embellisher
 
cloetzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: in a craft room in Canada
Posts: 764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lms1130 View Post
I need a little help regarding the DS. I just upgraded to the E-bug and haven't even turned it on yet, I'm still trying to sell the baby before I use the E. Here is my question. I have been thinking about the DS for sometime and knew I didn't want to get it until I got the E-bug and now that I have it I am getting a little scared of the DS. I'm not really good with the computer and I was wondering if it is hard to use? How hard is it to upgrade when the new carts come out? I don't want to spend the money on it if I can't really use it because I don't know how. Thanks for any feedback you have.
don't worry - it's actually pretty straight forward and there are several directions and videos online for added support. plus there are several folks here and on cricut.com that are always willing to help. If anything it is more 'basic' then some of us would like so not very complicated. Like anything new it may take you a little time to get comfortable with it but that shouldnt' take long and then the fun begins!!

It's worth having DS so that you can move stuff around to save paper, lay things out the way you want them EXACTLY where you want them, resize things to unlimited sizes, combine images from several carts so that you only have to hit CUT once, and now you can select (or really unselect) pieces you don't want to cut from images etc. But as always it's worth waiting to get it until you can either get it on sale or buy from ebay at a good price.

As far as upgrading goes you just uninstall the version you have and install the new version (to uninstall go to start on your PC, then pick control panel, pick add remove programs, click on CDS and then click remove, that gets rid of it, then to install the new one just click on the link online that has the latest version, save to your computer and then double click on the file you just saved, follow the prompts that you are given and you are done!).
__________________
email: [email protected]
blog: http://cloesspace.blogspot.com/

Last edited by cloetzu; 12-06-2008 at 07:27 AM..
cloetzu is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:57 AM   #2231
The Amazin' Yappin' Scrapper
 
Yami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 34,869
Default

Okay.....I'm working on these reindeer and I don't want the noses cut with the brown head. I want the noses cut red. So, I clicked on the nose to turn it red, RIGHT clicked with the mouse, chose "hide selected contour" and when I previewed my cuts, the noses didn't show!!! I had six reindeer head on a sheet of 9x12 constrution paper. Yippee!!! FINALLY--the ability to NOT cut what you don't want!! Took them long enough!
__________________
Yami--rhymes with hammy....

Fan my etsy shop on Facebook: RJY Handmade Designs

Check out my etsy shop: www.rjyhandmadedesigns.etsy.com

Blog: http://rjyhandmadedesigns.blogspot.com/
Yami is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:31 AM   #2232
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 97,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloetzu View Post
Wow Shell - you are a computer geek! but also crafty? You must be a whole/square brain (right/left brain test)! That's what I am too! Very analytical and process oriented but also creative!

My guess is that they hired a first year summer student to do the work

ROTFL!!!!!!! Yes!! That would be me. My dh always laughs because I think "like a man" ... ie - logically. LOL! I've taken the test and always come out dead center - both brained. LOL!

It's a weird combination, and it's hard for me to grasp the fact that not everyone thinks like I do. I know that sounds arrogant, doesn't it?? It's just weird to see that so many of my creative friends *don't* think logically/analytically. I'm extremely detail oriented - which both helps and hinders me in crafts.

Yeah ... that's my thought, too. I can't believe that they were niave enough to think that this program wasn't going to be a HUGE hit and that they could just get by with minimal options. It's frustrating.





Good to meet someone else who thinks with their whole brain. LOL!

Are you ambidextrous, too??
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:33 AM   #2233
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 97,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloetzu View Post

It's worth having DS so that you can move stuff around to save paper, lay things out the way you want them EXACTLY where you want them,



Do you know ... last night, I went to cut something and had everything laid out just where I wanted it. It DIDN'T cut in the right place!!! It was weird - and it cut my mat - because it was right on the screen, but not right when it cut. I couldn't figure out why. It's never done that before.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:35 AM   #2234
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 97,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami View Post
Okay.....I'm working on these reindeer and I don't want the noses cut with the brown head. I want the noses cut red. So, I clicked on the nose to turn it red, RIGHT clicked with the mouse, chose "hide selected contour" and when I previewed my cuts, the noses didn't show!!! I had six reindeer head on a sheet of 9x12 constrution paper. Yippee!!! FINALLY--the ability to NOT cut what you don't want!! Took them long enough!

Yep. You got the new update.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:37 AM   #2235
The Amazin' Yappin' Scrapper
 
Yami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 34,869
Default

I think the update changed the layout of the screen, cause I had the same thing happen to me. I had all my cuts down the left side of the mat, which is where I layed the paper, but it cut across......so, since I'm cutting a bunch, I rotated the paper the next time......it's going to take some getting used to...flipping the paper...geesh!

Yep, that's what it is....cause if you look at the mat on the screen, the arrow that you'd match to put the paper in is on the left. That's a little counter intuitive, kwim?
__________________
Yami--rhymes with hammy....

Fan my etsy shop on Facebook: RJY Handmade Designs

Check out my etsy shop: www.rjyhandmadedesigns.etsy.com

Blog: http://rjyhandmadedesigns.blogspot.com/
Yami is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:56 AM   #2236
Insane Embellisher
 
cloetzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: in a craft room in Canada
Posts: 764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Do you know ... last night, I went to cut something and had everything laid out just where I wanted it. It DIDN'T cut in the right place!!! It was weird - and it cut my mat - because it was right on the screen, but not right when it cut. I couldn't figure out why. It's never done that before.
that goes back to a previous post of mine - maybe it was on the previous update too??? I mean the arrow is pointing left - and I expected it to be UP?

or are you saying that the arrow points left on the screen but it cuts as if the arrow is up???
__________________
email: [email protected]
blog: http://cloesspace.blogspot.com/
cloetzu is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:59 AM   #2237
Insane Embellisher
 
cloetzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: in a craft room in Canada
Posts: 764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
I'm extremely detail oriented....

Are you ambidextrous, too??
I'm detail oriented too which actually hurts at work since most of my work is around creating and dealing with the 'bigger picture' - but I figure out the details for myself and then just develop the bigger picture for others.

No not ambidextrious - wish I was!!
__________________
email: [email protected]
blog: http://cloesspace.blogspot.com/
cloetzu is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 03:45 PM   #2238
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 97,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami View Post
I think the update changed the layout of the screen, cause I had the same thing happen to me. I had all my cuts down the left side of the mat, which is where I layed the paper, but it cut across......so, since I'm cutting a bunch, I rotated the paper the next time......it's going to take some getting used to...flipping the paper...geesh!

Yep, that's what it is....cause if you look at the mat on the screen, the arrow that you'd match to put the paper in is on the left. That's a little counter intuitive, kwim?


But I was using the LITTLE bug. That should not have changed at all. The mat was still the same way on the screen.

I have always through the arrow was on the left, though ......... I've never had an issue before last night.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 03:46 PM   #2239
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 97,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloetzu View Post
I'm detail oriented too which actually hurts at work since most of my work is around creating and dealing with the 'bigger picture' - but I figure out the details for myself and then just develop the bigger picture for others.

No not ambidextrious - wish I was!!

Ooh. That would be tough. I don't like the 'bigger picture' scenario most of the time. LOL!




I can't write left handed without some major patience, but I can do most other things with both hands. I find myself switching from time to time. It's kind of funny to me.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 02:22 AM   #2240
Stazon Splitcoast
 
lindylou1220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Central NY
Posts: 19,474
Default

I don't own a Cricut and haven't browsed this thread, but just stumbled across this info on another message board which I thought was worth sharing in the event that you don't already know it. Seems like a great deal.

I just wanted to let everyone who bought a Cricut Expression yesterday know that you can go to Cricut.com and get 2 free cartridges (Printing 101 and My Community). You pay $7.95 for s&h and you have to send in your receipt that shows that you bought the Expression between 10/15 and 12/15 of this year. I got the heads up from another forum and wanted to pay it forward. Have fun!
lindylou1220 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off