Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-18-2016, 04:38 AM   #1
Matboard Maniac

Default Copic Colors?

Does anyone know if Copic will be releasing any new colors? It's been awhile since they did. I struggle with the purples are none of the current colors fit what I want them to do. I have a few ProMarkers for their pretty pastel colors but I prefer my Copics and would love to find those colors in Copics.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-18-2016, 08:11 AM   #2
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.

I have not heard anything about a new release, and I do a Google check a couple times a year. It has been three years. Maybe Copic thinks they are finished with the line, but I think there are some big gaps to be filled. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my Copics! I can't color with any other medium. But I do think there can be improvements in the line.

I don't use a lot of purple in my coloring, so I'm OK with the BV000 (though BV00 would probably be better), BV02 & BV04 for bluish-purple and V0000, V01, V12, V15 & V17 for a lavender & darker pinkish purple shade.

The place I think Copics are really lacking is in their pinks. The light Rs are too peachy and the RVs tend to have a bit of a neon feel. So far, my "pink" blending groups include RV02 & RV04 (neon). RV21, RV23 (nearly the same as 21) & RV25 (too bright). RV32 & RV34 (a decent rose shade). I also have RV60 line, which I think is just plain ugly as far as pinks go. I've considered going the RV11-17 route, but after wasting so much money I'm hesitant to buy more in this RV line.

I'm curious what others use and like for their pink blending colors.

BTW, for newbies looking for Copic colors, I came across a scanned, hand-colored Copic chart. It is not perfect, but on my display the colors are pretty close to true: Jane's Box of Colours: Hand Coloured Copic Chart
Christmas Cards 4/44
Stamp2Spend-$5.84(03/17/16)
sprtchick likes this post.
Old 01-18-2016, 08:33 PM   #3
Hardware Hotshot

I haven't heard of any new releases, and I believe SCS would be one of the best places to find out!

If you have 2 Copic colors that you like to blend in order to make purple, you can buy an empty pen, the refills for those 2 colors and make your own.

Melissa, BV00 is not a good match with BV02 & BV04; it is a pinkish color that looks like it belongs more in the V family than in the BV family. I like BV01 as the lightest color to go with BV02 & BV04.

And I agree with you about the pinks. RV25 is too bright for RV21 & RV23; however, if you quickly go back and blend RV25 with RV23, it works. I have used RV14 with RV21 & RV23, and it's better. But I wouldn't go the RV11-17 route. There is not a good 3-color group in that line (IMO). RV11 is a pale, grayish pink. RV13 is close to RV23. RV14 is a shade lighter than RV25. Then we go completely off the wagon with RV17 and RV19: they have much more violet in them than RV10-RV14. And there's not a great deal of difference between RV17-RV19.

My picks for pinks are RV00, RV21 and RV23. You can see them in this card:

"Sweet" Get Well Wishes by uncbballfan - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

However, my favorite RV colors are RV52, RV63, RV66 and RV69. You can see them in this card:

You're the Friend Everyone Wishes She Had by uncbballfan - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
sprtchick and melissa59 like this post.
Old 01-18-2016, 08:48 PM   #4
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncbballfan View Post
My picks for pinks are RV00, RV21 and RV23. You can see them in this card:

"Sweet" Get Well Wishes by uncbballfan - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

However, my favorite RV colors are RV52, RV63, RV66 and RV69. You can see them in this card:

You're the Friend Everyone Wishes She Had by uncbballfan - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Oh my! You totally rocked those RV60 shades! I don't have the RV52. The few times I've used RV63 and RV66, I felt like the colors were really washed out and not in a good way. Then the RV69 was too dark. But after seeing your card, I'm going to give them another try. I still don't think they qualify as pink as much as they do purple as the darkest shade is the color of red grapes.

The RV00 (I have RV000) with RV21 and RV23 look as close to the shade of pink as I want to use. I'll just save the RV25 for those times when I want HOT pink that isn't quite as NEON as RV04.
Christmas Cards 4/44
Stamp2Spend-$5.84(03/17/16)
sprtchick likes this post.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:36 PM   #5
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda your card is gorgeous!
Old 01-19-2016, 08:33 PM   #6
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks, Amber!