In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-01-2011, 04:27 PM   #3641
Glitter Queen
 
Pamela~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12
Default Copic Chatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovian7 View Post
My husband orders from Harbor Freight and so they do shop to Alaska, he said their shipping is reasonable.
Thank you all for your help regarding purchasing a compressor to use with my Copics. I found a 25% off coupon to use at Harbor Freight! Decisions... decisions... lol! Thanks again!
Pamela~ is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #3642
Glitter Queen
 
Pamela~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12
Default Copic Chatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovian7 View Post
I RARELY go to Anchorage, even though I was born and rasied there. I got the bristol from Fred Meyers. Slim pickings out here. I am going into Anchorage this next week because my son is leaving for boot camp and I do plan on hitting Blaines new shop when I go in. I probably won't buy anything - last time I was there everything was double or tripple the cost of online - unless I find something really special - but I have $20 in cash set aside for mad money and don't think it will go far there - lol!
Yuh it's slim pickings here too when it comes right down to it - for various reasons as you so well know! Betty's is a fun place to go if you have a few mins or want anything. Last I knew she carried the same paper I sent you to play with re Copics. Good luck to your son!
Pamela~ is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:26 PM   #3643
Polyshrink Goddess
 
jovian7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Alaska
Posts: 576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela~ View Post
Yuh it's slim pickings here too when it comes right down to it - for various reasons as you so well know! Betty's is a fun place to go if you have a few mins or want anything. Last I knew she carried the same paper I sent you to play with re Copics. Good luck to your son!
I don't know know about Betty's, is that a scrapbook store? I haven't lived in Anchorage for a very long time and am not up to date on the stores.
__________________
Michelle H.
Life is Good!
www.runfromms.blogspot.com
jovian7 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:31 PM   #3644
Glitter Queen
 
Pamela~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovian7 View Post
I don't know know about Betty's, is that a scrapbook store? I haven't lived in Anchorage for a very long time and am not up to date on the stores.
Betty owns Stamp Attic Alaska (dot com). She has a brick and mortar store across the street from the chevy dealer at Dimond. No, there are no scrap stores left in town. Betty's store is a stamper's haven with hundreds of items and more on order! I got some x-press it blending card from her today. Want to try a sample? Thanks for your advice regarding Harbor Freight - I ordered an air comp today and should have it by the end of the week. Pretty good for AK as you know!
Pamela~ is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:51 AM   #3645
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 142,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyK. View Post
I purchased mine at Harbor Freight - it was their own brand (which they refer to as Central). Anyway, I don't see a HF listed in AK, but they may ship it to you.
Don't buy the expensive ($250) Sparmax that copic recommends - you can get a good compressor for about $60 - $70. You need one that has between 40 and 50 psi and one that has the 1/8 adapter. The one I got at HF met both these criteria.
Here is a link to a video I did on air compressors and the copic system:
YouTube - Air Compressor and Copic Air Brush System Basics
Thanks so much for the info on the compressors. That is the next purchase that I want to make. And I'm excited to find that we actually have a couple of Harbor Freight stores in H Town.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/

Last edited by mschoener; 01-04-2011 at 06:57 AM..
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:24 AM   #3646
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 142,355
Default

Unfortunately that wonderful masking tape by Judkins that you used is no longer in stock anywhere. I read on one site that they went out of business and are no longer making that. Every site I checked it was not available. Boo hoo!
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:51 AM   #3647
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Kalonismommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 629
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Unfortunately that wonderful masking tape by Judkins that you used is no longer in stock anywhere. I read on one site that they went out of business and are no longer making that. Every site I checked it was not available. Boo hoo!
Which one are you looking for ... recently I located the roll (which was hard to find) .. but I found some of the twins tape that was available online.
__________________
I ONLY drink Kool-Aid when I like the flavor.
Kalonismommy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #3648
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 142,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalonismommy View Post
Which one are you looking for ... recently I located the roll (which was hard to find) .. but I found some of the twins tape that was available online.
I was looking for the Eclipse Masking tape that NancyK. was using in her tutorial video. It is not available anywhere anymore. What is the "twins" tape?
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:10 AM   #3649
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Kalonismommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 629
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
I was looking for the Eclipse Masking tape that NancyK. was using in her tutorial video. It is not available anywhere anymore. What is the "twins" tape?
Eclipse tape comes in three different sizes/packaging
the roll which is 6 inchies by 33ft
twins (2) 24mm by 33ft
strips (3 different sizes) 16mm, 12mm, 24mm by 33 feet
__________________
I ONLY drink Kool-Aid when I like the flavor.
Kalonismommy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:33 PM   #3650
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 142,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalonismommy View Post
Eclipse tape comes in three different sizes/packaging
the roll which is 6 inchies by 33ft
twins (2) 24mm by 33ft
strips (3 different sizes) 16mm, 12mm, 24mm by 33 feet
Yes, I've seen those on websites that there are different sizes, but they are no longer available. The company has quite manufacturing them.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:36 PM   #3651
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Kalonismommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 629
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Yes, I've seen those on websites that there are different sizes, but they are no longer available. The company has quite manufacturing them.
If you are looking for the twins... I can direct you to 2 sites that still have them.
__________________
I ONLY drink Kool-Aid when I like the flavor.
Kalonismommy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:26 PM   #3652
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 142,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalonismommy View Post
If you are looking for the twins... I can direct you to 2 sites that still have them.
How wide are they? If they're only about an inch wide, then probably not. I liked how the one that Samantha used was wide. I'll keep looking for something to replace it.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:48 AM   #3653
Matboard Maniac
 
dctalktexas's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 276
Default

Thanks so much for this thread. I just went to Oozak and bought 12 more markers. I am just getting started using these. I have had them for a while but usually watercolor instead. Here are my first two tries:

High Hopes Butterfly Valentine by dctalktexas - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

High Hopes Bee Valentine by dctalktexas - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
dctalktexas is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:23 AM   #3654
Embossing Fanatic
 
Jenabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South of Denver, CO
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
I checked my notes from the certification class, and I did NOT write down what the new colors are going to be. Guess we'll all be surprised. I seem to remember though that there might be something in the yellows and violets. If you look at the color wheel, there are a lot of places that can be filled in.
Rusty at Oozak.com has posted the new Ciao and Copic markers on his website. Looks like they'll be available in March.

...just when I thought I had all of the colors I needed (wanted), they go and add more great colors! Can I live without RV63 (Begonia) or RV66 (Raspberry)?? I don't think so!!
Jenabeth is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:19 AM   #3655
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 142,355
Default

I can NOT wait for those new Sketch markers! So happy! You would think that 344 would be enough.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:57 PM   #3656
Embossing Fanatic
 
froggie731's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 57
Default

I don't have any Copics yet, but have been searching like carzy for the best deal. I saw someone earlier said that they put the marker in their cart at Carpe Diem and it showed $3.95. It still does, do you think if I check out I'll get charged for the full amount instead of the $3.95? Thanks!
__________________
Hi, I'm Kelli.
froggie731 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:06 PM   #3657
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
AmberDawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Surprise, Arizona
Posts: 6,977
Send a message via Skype™ to AmberDawn
Default

You can preorder now from 7 Kids! I got my preorder in!!! SO EXCITED!
Here's the link: COPIC SKETCH MARKERS
__________________
Amber Hight
My Blog
_____________________________________________
I design for Verve Stamps and Reverse Confetti!
AmberDawn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:56 AM   #3658
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 142,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggie731 View Post
I don't have any Copics yet, but have been searching like carzy for the best deal. I saw someone earlier said that they put the marker in their cart at Carpe Diem and it showed $3.95. It still does, do you think if I check out I'll get charged for the full amount instead of the $3.95? Thanks!
No, you shouldn't get charged more than what it says in your cart. That's what they discount them too and how much I usually pay for them.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:08 AM   #3659
Embossing Fanatic
 
froggie731's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
No, you shouldn't get charged more than what it says in your cart. That's what they discount them too and how much I usually pay for them.
Awesome, thanks! Guess it's time to finally start my Copic collection!
__________________
Hi, I'm Kelli.
froggie731 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:39 AM   #3660
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 142,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggie731 View Post
Awesome, thanks! Guess it's time to finally start my Copic collection!
Just so you know - it's very addicting! But I love them!
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:07 PM   #3661
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Crafts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Front Range
Posts: 12,636
Default Ordering my first set of Copics

After resisting Copics for over three years, I finally caved in and placed an order. You won't believe what I went through to pick my first set of colors -- then again, some of you can probably relate . It was helpful to read the experiences others have had ordering through various companies, and I'll share mine. Earlier in this thread, bejoyce posted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoyce View Post
Bad Experience with Carpe Diem ordering

Yes, but unfortunately I can't get their web site to work for me. I have my markers in my cart, then when I click Check Out, I get a screen that says my cart is empty. ...
I ran into exactly the same Empty Cart problem while trying to place an order on Carpe Diem's website. I gave up and ordered through Oozak instead. This might be a blessing in disguise. Within a half hour of placing the Oozak order, I received a shipping notice with a tracking number.

Now that all the indecision is behind me, I can't wait to get started.
__________________
-- Judi M.
Crafts is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:27 PM   #3662
Embossing Fanatic
 
froggie731's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafts View Post
After resisting Copics for over three years, I finally caved in and placed an order. You won't believe what I went through to pick my first set of colors -- then again, some of you can probably relate . It was helpful to read the experiences others have had ordering through various companies, and I'll share mine. Earlier in this thread, bejoyce posted:



I ran into exactly the same Empty Cart problem while trying to place an order on Carpe Diem's website. I gave up and ordered through Oozak instead. This might be a blessing in disguise. Within a half hour of placing the Oozak order, I received a shipping notice with a tracking number.

Now that all the indecision is behind me, I can't wait to get started.
I am still sitting here searching videos, blogs, photos, EVERYTHING to pick my first colors! HAHA! I think I know exactly how you felt. My little paper has colors scribbled off, then added again, lol. I think I'm super close though.
__________________
Hi, I'm Kelli.
froggie731 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:29 PM   #3663
Matboard Maniac
 
dsmith2543's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 206
Default SU New Colors

Does anyone have any Copic colors that match the new SU Color Renovation and 10-11 InColors? I also have never found a good Rich Razzelberry, Certainly Celery and Pear in Copic yet? What do you all use?
TIA
Deb
__________________
Stamp On Sisters!!!
Deb
~Mother*Wife*Daughter*Friend~
dsmith2543 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:01 PM   #3664
Gabfest Goddess
 
arlenevita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CNY but I'd rather be in Bonaire snorkeling!
Posts: 7,650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggie731 View Post
I am still sitting here searching videos, blogs, photos, EVERYTHING to pick my first colors! HAHA! I think I know exactly how you felt. My little paper has colors scribbled off, then added again, lol. I think I'm super close though.
Hopefully one of those resources is Suzanne Dean's Scrap Bitz because she has great suggestions for "sets" of colors that blend well together for various things like hair, jeans, grass, etc. that will save you a lot of money. Wish I had seen these suggestions first!
ScrapBitz - Tutorials & Templates
__________________
Arlene, The Snorkeler
Stamp with us in Ilion on Oct. 10, 2020!!
arlenevita is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:46 PM   #3665
Embossing Fanatic
 
froggie731's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arlenevita View Post
Hopefully one of those resources is Suzanne Dean's Scrap Bitz because she has great suggestions for "sets" of colors that blend well together for various things like hair, jeans, grass, etc. that will save you a lot of money. Wish I had seen these suggestions first!
ScrapBitz - Tutorials & Templates
I think I was looking at hers, but I'll check it out again to be sure! Thanks!!
__________________
Hi, I'm Kelli.
froggie731 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:44 PM   #3666
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Crafts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Front Range
Posts: 12,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggie731 View Post
I am still sitting here searching videos, blogs, photos, EVERYTHING to pick my first colors! HAHA! I think I know exactly how you felt. My little paper has colors scribbled off, then added again, lol. I think I'm super close though.
Oh, I can sympathize with all your lists. Good to hear you are getting close to finalizing your choices, though. Good luck with that.
__________________
-- Judi M.
Crafts is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:06 PM   #3667
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 142,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith2543 View Post
Does anyone have any Copic colors that match the new SU Color Renovation and 10-11 InColors? I also have never found a good Rich Razzelberry, Certainly Celery and Pear in Copic yet? What do you all use?
TIA
Deb
Try this thread, Post #11

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...s-t500013.html

Here's another thread with a great chart at post #35.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...s-t494241.html
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/

Last edited by mschoener; 01-13-2011 at 05:12 PM..
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:43 PM   #3668
Embossing Fanatic
 
froggie731's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 57
Default

Ok, I have FINALLY ordered...phew!
__________________
Hi, I'm Kelli.
froggie731 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:50 AM   #3669
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Crafts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Front Range
Posts: 12,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggie731 View Post
Ok, I have FINALLY ordered...phew!
Way to go, Kelli. It's nice to know someone else is in the same position I am, waiting for her first set of colors to arrive.

I ordered earlier in the day than you did, so I have had longer to second-guess my choices.

__________________
-- Judi M.
Crafts is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:01 AM   #3670
Matboard Maniac
 
thebiscuitscraps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafts View Post
... so I have had longer to second-guess my choices.

ROTFL
thebiscuitscraps is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #3671
Embossing Fanatic
 
froggie731's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafts View Post
Way to go, Kelli. It's nice to know someone else is in the same position I am, waiting for her first set of colors to arrive.

I ordered earlier in the day than you did, so I have had longer to second-guess my choices.

I do the same thing and am terrible with making decisions, always have been, lol! I'm sure we'll love them!

I ordered through Carpe Diem Store, and I chose the NO signature on delivery, but yet...I still got charged the $1.75 for it...
__________________
Hi, I'm Kelli.
froggie731 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #3672
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Crafts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Front Range
Posts: 12,636
Default

I've just discovered there's another thread specifically for Copic Newbies. It's probably mentioned somewhere in the 3796 previous posts in this thread, but here's another link: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...r-t515918.html
__________________
-- Judi M.
Crafts is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #3673
Matboard Maniac
 
emskatwoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: North Canton, OH
Posts: 349
Default

I just found this thread (and it's a long one)...so I don't know if this has been said but,
Jo...s online has copic markers, cases and sets and I was able to use my 50% off coupon. It sure helped me with my newer collection.

just thought I'd pass it on, maybe someone else can save too.
love the thread (and the website, everyone is so willing to share info)
__________________
*~*~ Kathi ~*~*
emskatwoman is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:40 PM   #3674
Polyshrink Goddess
 
jovian7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Alaska
Posts: 576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emskatwoman View Post
I just found this thread (and it's a long one)...so I don't know if this has been said but,
Jo...s online has copic markers, cases and sets and I was able to use my 50% off coupon. It sure helped me with my newer collection.

just thought I'd pass it on, maybe someone else can save too.
love the thread (and the website, everyone is so willing to share info)
The only 50% coupon I found is off of regular priced items only, Copics are on sale right now at Joann's online. Good suggestion for when they go off sale. Crazy expensive, wow.
__________________
Michelle H.
Life is Good!
www.runfromms.blogspot.com
jovian7 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:05 PM   #3675
Embossing Fanatic
 
froggie731's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovian7 View Post
The only 50% coupon I found is off of regular priced items only, Copics are on sale right now at Joann's online. Good suggestion for when they go off sale. Crazy expensive, wow.
I think I've used a 50% off coupon before (online) on something that was on sale, but it just takes it off the regular price. Worth a shot.
__________________
Hi, I'm Kelli.
froggie731 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:54 PM   #3676
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Crafts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Front Range
Posts: 12,636
Default Card bases to match X-Press It?

For those of you who are using X-Press It Blending Card, what are you combining it with for your white card bases? I took a sample of X-Press It to a local Xpedx store and asked for the closest color match in heavyweight white cardstock. We weren't able to find a good one.

My usual card bases are Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, and of course that color isn't even close to the X-Press It. Have any of you found a good match?
__________________
-- Judi M.
Crafts is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #3677
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Kalonismommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 629
Default

Maybe try misting/airbrushing your cardstock slightly to match the xpress paper. Maybe layer it with another color so it isnt so noticeable?
I rarely use just white as a base without several layers ... so hope that helps.
__________________
I ONLY drink Kool-Aid when I like the flavor.
Kalonismommy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:48 PM   #3678
Matboard Maniac
 
MollyStamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafts View Post
For those of you who are using X-Press It Blending Card, what are you combining it with for your white card bases? I took a sample of X-Press It to a local Xpedx store and asked for the closest color match in heavyweight white cardstock. We weren't able to find a good one.

My usual card bases are Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, and of course that color isn't even close to the X-Press It. Have any of you found a good match?

I use X-Press It now almost exclusively for my colored images, cut out with a Nestability or matted, but I'm not concerned with a close color match to my white cardstock base because I add a layer of pattern paper to the front of the card, leaving a narrow white border on the folded card base. Just never bothered me that the X-Press It was not a match for the base, and I use a Cougar white.

Molly
MollyStamps is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:59 PM   #3679
neglecting the kids and housework
 
sewsplendidstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fund raising
Posts: 62,140
Default

oops
sorta wrong thread
__________________
Victoria
~Made of awesome
~My 6th Avon 39
sewsplendidstamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:49 AM   #3680
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Crafts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Front Range
Posts: 12,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalonismommy View Post
Maybe try misting/airbrushing your cardstock slightly to match the xpress paper. Maybe layer it with another color so it isnt so noticeable?
I rarely use just white as a base without several layers ... so hope that helps.
I'm just starting with Copics and haven't ventured into the airbrush system yet. My initial reaction is that I'd rather just buy a ream of cardstock instead of attempting to color it to match. But if you or someone else tries your suggestions, I'd be interested to hear how it works.
__________________
-- Judi M.
Crafts is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off