Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-04-2019, 10:11 AM   #1
Rubber Obsessor

Default Cameo Pix Scan- vs Brother Scan n cut

Ok today I was at Hobby Lobby and I saw the Cameo and then a mat that said, Pix Scan to use to scan into Silhoutte cutting program. I was wondering how this compares to Brother Scan N Cut DX? I am thinking it will be more cumbersome since you have to download to computer and then move to Cameo but I wanted to know from anyone using it. Would love to hear as I am wanting to buy a machine and am hoping to fnid a good deal over Black Friday???
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-04-2019, 03:20 PM   #2
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftyduo View Post
Ok today I was at Hobby Lobby and I saw the Cameo and then a mat that said, Pix Scan to use to scan into Silhoutte cutting program. I was wondering how this compares to Brother Scan N Cut DX? I am thinking it will be more cumbersome since you have to download to computer and then move to Cameo but I wanted to know from anyone using it. Would love to hear as I am wanting to buy a machine and am hoping to fnid a good deal over Black Friday???
Well I don't have the newest scan n cut but I do own the 350 and I own the original Cameo Silhouette and I bought the scan n cut just for the ease of scanning and cutting. I don't like the Pix Scan feature at all. It is too long and drawn out to get your images!
Old 11-05-2019, 04:42 AM   #3
Hardware Hotshot

I haven't been able to get the Pix Scan to work lately. I emailed Silhouette, but they never answered me. I'm very disappointed with them and their customer service. I'm glad I also have my Cricut Explore Air, which is the machine I use the most.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:19 AM   #4
Cardstock Collector

I’ve never tried the scan n cut but I agree with the earlier comment that the pixscan is cumbersome. I like having the option, but it’s a lot of steps and I’d only want to break it out if I were cutting an entire page of stamped images. I have heard of other, easier ways to get the cameo to “die cut” for you, but I haven’t tried any. I much prefer to use the dies that I have.

That said, I do love my cameo for vinyl, especially heat transfer vinyl, and for sketching custom sentiments with gel pens or glitter pens. I haven’t ventured into the foil quill but I’ve seen lots of great foiled cards from other people.
Old 11-10-2019, 01:12 AM   #5
Die Cut Diva

The ScannCut is a true scanner. The PixScan mat can't even come close to what the ScannCut can do for scanning capabilities. If you don't plan on doing a lot of Scan/Cut then the PixScan is OK for those rare things you need it for. If you plan to power scan then don't settle and buy the ScannCut.

I almost went for PixScan and so glad I went with ScannCut. I use it several times a week.

If it helps anyone Cricut can "PixScan" using your phone or tablet.

If you peek at YouTube or your favorite search engine you can find tutorials to Scan/Cut with your choice die cutting machines- Sizzix Eclips, Cricut, Silhouette using mats, hinge methods, etc... Clever Someday has a lot of good tutorials covering these methods.

I always like to try things with tools I own before going out and purchasing a new expensive tool. If you already own a Cricut or Silhouette one of the tutorial methods might be perfect for your needs. Least you will know if you need to upgrade.

ScrapJanny- Didn't Cameo release a note a few weeks ago that the PixScan functionality was messed up? I swear they did. I try to find it for you but I am having a blah evening and my mind is just mud, lol.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Old 11-10-2019, 12:27 PM   #6
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks lylacfey...I really think I will be doing a lot of scanning so was planning to get the Brother Scan n cut dx but just wanted to be sure from others experience to be sure what I thought about the pixscan was true. I appreciate everyone's input. I am hoping there is some good deal on a scan n cut for black Friday. If anyone knows of a great deal I would love to hear where to get it! I know amazon has one I believe for $399.
Old 11-14-2019, 12:21 PM   #7
Compulsive Stamper

The Scan n cut is the better choice. So easy to use and great results. I love my DX125. Keep watch for sales. I got mine on Amazon last year for $268.

I have a Cameo and cut stamped images and die cuts by scanning on my printer, trace (mixed results) then cut. It was OK.
craftyduo likes this post.