Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-08-2010, 04:44 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bind-it-all - LOTS of questions!

Hi Everyone,
I am looking to buy a wire binding machine. I would *really* like one that will punch then bind a whole page at once, but am looking at the BIA to tide me over until I can afford the bigger machines. If I use a gift card I got for Christmas, it will only cost me about $15 out of pocket. But I have some questions first. I watched a couple of YouTube vids but I have no sound and the vids kept freezing so it wasn't super helpful and I gave up! LOL!

1. How many pages can you punch at a time?

2. What is the max amount of pages that can be bound at a time?

3. How hard is it to line it up so your holes are evenly spaced? Is there a guide bar like on border punches to help with this?

4. How hard on the hands is it to use? Does it take a lot of strength to use?

5. How heavy is it?

6. Which is better - pink or blue or are they the same?

7. How thick of material can it punch?

8. And most important - do you love it, do you like it, do you hate it or somewhere in between? Would you recommend it to your best crafting buddy?

Thanks for the help!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2010, 06:37 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hay Nikki! Congrats on your soon to be purchased Bind-It-All. I am crazy about mine and YES, I definitely would recommend it to my best craftin' buddy!! It isn't too hard to punch for anyone to use it.
Rather than ramblin' on and on, I have 2 sets of videos that should answer all your questions and then some.
The blue one is the 1st or original one. The pink is the V2 (version 2) where they made upgrades. Do get the pink one.

http://www.binditall.com/VideoPage.html

http://www.youtube.com/user/mrspaturzo

I'm not affiliated with Zutter, or any co. that sells Zutter prods. in any way. HTH!! May God bless, Sandi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2010, 07:22 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthernStormView Post
Hay Nikki! Congrats on your soon to be purchased Bind-It-All. I am crazy about mine and YES, I definitely would recommend it to my best craftin' buddy!! It isn't too hard to punch for anyone to use it.
Rather than ramblin' on and on, I have 2 sets of videos that should answer all your questions and then some.
The blue one is the 1st or original one. The pink is the V2 (version 2) where they made upgrades. Do get the pink one.

http://www.binditall.com/VideoPage.html

http://www.youtube.com/user/mrspaturzo

I'm not affiliated with Zutter, or any co. that sells Zutter prods. in any way. HTH!! May God bless, Sandi
Thanks! Maybe I can use my friend's laptop to view the vids, since my computer hates me and apparently, hates videos as well (not to mention the sound card broke. BUT I'm getting a Bosskut Gazelle, so it's all good, right? Who need a new computer that works anyway? LOL!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 04:56 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

I am not an expert by any means on the BIA as I just got it this year as a Christmas gift.

To answer some of your questions:

1. I have punched 4 pages at one time ~ not tried more yet

2. I have made several small "books" at about 4" X 4" and used cereal boxes covered with paper as covers. I was able to punch the cover and back at the same time.

3. There is a guide that comes with the pink BIA

4. It is very easy to use and not hard on the hands at all

5. It is light at about 3 lbs but also sturdy ~ there is a "foot: extension that slides out

6. The pink is the newer version with some improvements

7. It can punch chip board, fabric covered covers, canvas, acrylic and I am sure much more

8. Yes, I really like it and am sure as I learn more about how to use the BIA I will love it.

HTH, Rebecca

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsbynikkiView Post
Hi Everyone,
I am looking to buy a wire binding machine. I would *really* like one that will punch then bind a whole page at once, but am looking at the BIA to tide me over until I can afford the bigger machines. If I use a gift card I got for Christmas, it will only cost me about $15 out of pocket. But I have some questions first. I watched a couple of YouTube vids but I have no sound and the vids kept freezing so it wasn't super helpful and I gave up! LOL!

1. How many pages can you punch at a time?

2. What is the max amount of pages that can be bound at a time?

3. How hard is it to line it up so your holes are evenly spaced? Is there a guide bar like on border punches to help with this?

4. How hard on the hands is it to use? Does it take a lot of strength to use?

5. How heavy is it?

6. Which is better - pink or blue or are they the same?

7. How thick of material can it punch?

8. And most important - do you love it, do you like it, do you hate it or somewhere in between? Would you recommend it to your best crafting buddy?

Thanks for the help!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 10:00 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you!! I appreciate all the help
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 01:18 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

1. I think it's about eight pages of thicker cardstock but I've had about 20 pages of copy paper in it.

2. I have made projects that are about an inch thick - just make sure you have the right sized o-wires. I think they go up to 1.25 inches.

3. Easy peasy to line up the holes - there is a guide so once you punch one lot you can go along as long as you like.

4. have you ever used the old sizzix machine? It's similar to that. The more pages the harder it is.

5. Not overly I wouldn't have thought.

6. I have a blue one and am not 100% sure but I think the pink one is a different colour .. ;)

7. I make a lot of calendars .. I use matboard like that used in photoframing that is covered in patterened paper then with two coats of modge podge and that would be about the limit of it - it's a pretty tight fit but punches it easily.

8. Love it and would recommend it to anyone! In fact, I've used mine so muvh I am starting to think I have worn it out a bit and perhaps the punches need sharpening - but this is after about 5 years of making 100s of notebooks and other projects.

2010 calendar by Metalcharm at Splitcoaststampers
here is one project I did - it has 13 cardstock sheets in it and forty sheets of plain paper that is slightly thicker than average copy paper.

hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 11:30 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Metalcharm thank you so much that was really a lot of help! And now, I think I need to buy one Thanks again for taking the time to answer all those, and to everyone who helped out. I love this place

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalcharmView Post

6. I have a blue one and am not 100% sure but I think the pink one is a different colour .. ;)
LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes