Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-30-2015, 01:58 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Beginner sewing machine?

I've always wanted to stitch on my cards, but after a traumatic experience with my perfectionist seamstress mother teaching me how to sew, I've never taken the plunge :rolleyes:

I currently have a handmade comforter cover that is falling apart after my attempts with iron-on Velcro (never again � should have learned from my no-sew pillows :mad so I'd like to sew a few home decor fabric projects as well as paper.

Does anyone happen to have this sewing machine, or can recommend an inexpensive � very inexpensive � sewing machine that isn't total junk? I realize I may be speaking at cross purposes, but I live in hope. Thinking that I would have to change the needles out between paper and fabric, right?

Amazon.com: Brother XL2600I Sew Advance Sew Affordable 25-Stitch Free-Arm Sewing Machine
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2015, 03:13 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

I bought a Brother "Project Runway" machine over a year ago. I have only used it for making draperies and hemming pants. It was also highly reviewed on Amazon and all is good so far. I don't have it set up in my craft room to use on cards. I would change a fabric needle for a special one reserved for paper sewing, as paper will dull needles and scissors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2015, 05:38 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

That looks like a really nice machine for the money, Poppy. I have a different model Brother and like it a lot.

I bought a Janome Sew Mini several years ago, when I "thought" I wanted to sew on my cards, as I didn't want to have to get my regular big sewing machine out.

The Sew Mini cost about $39.00 at Hancocks on sale and is quite small. It worked well for sewing on cards, but I decided that sewing on cards was really more trouble than it was worth. I did it one time when I first got the machine and never sewed on cards again.

I eventually gave the Sew Mini to my daughter who wanted to use it for simple sewing and mending.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2015, 05:56 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recommend singer as a basic machine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2015, 11:51 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Poppy, that looks like a nice machine for the price. However, I recommend buying locally so you can "test drive" it and be able to return it if you don't like it. If you have any sewing stores in your area, they may have some used trade-in machines. Sewing people are crazy, by the way. They want to buy the best and top-of-the-line, so you might get a really good price on a trade-in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2015, 12:07 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buried TreasuresView Post
Poppy, that looks like a nice machine for the price. However, I recommend buying locally so you can "test drive" it and be able to return it if you don't like it. If you have any sewing stores in your area, they may have some used trade-in machines. Sewing people are crazy, by the way. They want to buy the best and top-of-the-line, so you might get a really good price on a trade-in.
Good advice � thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2015, 02:27 PM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

I bought a Janome to use for sewing on cards. I got it on sale through HSN this past year, tested it out, and it works great for what I will do with it. My model came in colors, so I bought a storage bag on Amazon for it as well. It does the trick and I got some needles that should hold up for paper stitching.

I read reviews to help me, and this is a good source as well. Good luck with your decision.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2015, 06:41 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

I bought a Kenmore Mini Ultra for $79 a few years back and it is still going strong.

I wanted some built in stitches for quilting everyday crazy quilts, jammies for my little dog and skirts for myself. I looked, labored, drove myself nutz but finally came to the Brother machine very similar to the runway model. It was on sale Amazon for $150 with 60 stitches. I LOVE it!

I only use my Kenny Mini for sewing on cards now. I had it set up on a typing table with wheels (vintage metal thing) and could turn around and sew all I wanted or mend something real quick. Recently my mom has 'borrowed' it.

The Kenmore Mini was made by Janome, so I would have confidence in that machine. BUT, what ever you get make sure you have a foot petal. It give more control that some other with no foot control....for me anyway.

Hope you find the perfect machine!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2016, 09:46 AM   #9  
Glitter Guru

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Agree with everyone on the Janome mini. Okay for sewing on cards, but not useful for anything else. Best thing I can say for it is that it is small and very light, so I can stick it on a shelf and pull it out when I need it. Or if I ever need it, since I discovered after buying it that I didn't enjoy sewing on cards. I guess it was a fairly cheap way to figure that out. I've spent a lot more money figuring out I didn't really want to do some other things. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2016, 10:07 AM   #10  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelroseView Post
I guess it was a fairly cheap way to figure that out. I've spent a lot more money figuring out I didn't really want to do some other things. ;)
I thought about you as I made a inexpensive chalk ink purchase per my recent announced obsession with the sand and blue color combo. We'll see how long this lasts, but I'm only in for $4.59 :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2016, 10:21 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelroseView Post
Agree with everyone on the Janome mini. Okay for sewing on cards, but not useful for anything else. Best thing I can say for it is that it is small and very light, so I can stick it on a shelf and pull it out when I need it. Or if I ever need it, since I discovered after buying it that I didn't enjoy sewing on cards. I guess it was a fairly cheap way to figure that out. I've spent a lot more money figuring out I didn't really want to do some other things. ;)
I am so like you, Rachel. I got the Mini and also decided I didn't like sewing on cards. I gave it to my daughter and she uses it for mending and simple projects. I do like to sew on fabric, however, and have a nice Singer for that.

I also have found that I don't like the "fiddliness" of embossing with powder and a heat gun. I'd just rather use my embossing folders for texture. I had to get the heat gun and powders to figure that out...sigh.

Bought lots of loose glitter and a special glue pad and then decided that Stickles were so much easier to use.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2016, 10:29 AM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I know nothing about this machine and it has been years since I sewed a project of any sort, but I feel compelled to give my 2-cents worth to the conversation.

I think almost any new full-size (not craft size or kid size or hand held), electric sewing machine will do what you need it to do. (cards, light mending, sewing lightweight materials, etc.) And I think that any machine will give someone fits if they use a wrong bobbin; try to sew too fast, especially on heavy (jeans, canvas) material; or do like I did and leave their unused machine in the garage where moisture, dust, gunk and disuse took a tole. (hangs head in shame)

The price on this little Brother machine is excellent. You'd be hard pressed to get a good working used machine for the same price. And it includes shipping! Best of all, it gets excellent reviews at several sites (Amazon, Walmart, Target -- all these have the same price, too.) Obviously, a lot of people love it.

My suggestion is to take the plunge. Order it (maybe from Walmart where you can pick it up in the store and easily return it if it does not meet your needs). Give it a whirl. If you have trouble, find a sewing center and pay someone to sit down with you as you load the bobbin, thread it and sew--so if there is a problem you'll learn if it is actually a machine problem or user error.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2016, 05:59 AM   #13  
Inking Addict

I believe Brother to make good machines...the price is very good, too. My sewing machine repair man has told me that many times the cheaper machines are not made with the same quality of materials that higher priced ones are, so when they break down, they may not always be able to be repaired. However my sister has a Walmart machine she got after her super expensive one she got for quilting broke and it is still running strong years later! She will just get another when it wears out, she feels it is so worth the cheap money! Go for it, just follow any oiling and cleaning directions, and yes, change out your needle between fabrics and cards. Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2016, 01:35 PM   #14  
Glitter Queen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am an OLD seamstress. I always advise buying the best you can afford. Singer used to be king, but no longer. Try a used machine at a Bernina, Baby Lock or Brother dealership. They have trade-ins for low prices. CHANGE NEEDLES WITH EACH PROJECT!!! This does to mean paper. Never sew on fabric with a paper needle. Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2016, 02:04 PM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

Oh, how I would LOVE to have an older Bernina, but golly gee, the price is a killer, even for one that's been well used.That kind of machine would be excellent for the avid sewer, but I think it's overkill for someone who wants to sew on cards and make the occasional set of kitchen curtains.

Thanks for the changing needle advice! That is something I was never told to do. I usually changed my needles when they broke. :(
Having a paper needle that is kept separate from fabric needles is also great advice. We do it with our scissors, why don't we think to do it with our sewing needles?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2016, 03:53 PM   #16  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

I could be wrong, but I think this machine you're looking at, is the one that Jennifer McGuire recommended on her blog awhile back. It looks like a good deal to me too. I also prefer Singer, but I have an OOOOOOOLD one from WAAAAY back when. LOL I've heard Brother is pretty good. MAKE SURE you read all the comments on Amazon...it will help you pick out a machine, whether you get it on line or not. HAPPY HUNTING!!! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2016, 03:56 PM   #17  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLadyView Post
I could be wrong, but I think this machine you're looking at, is the one that Jennifer McGuire recommended on her blog awhile back. It looks like a good deal to me too. I also prefer Singer, but I have an OOOOOOOLD one from WAAAAY back when. LOL I've heard Brother is pretty good. MAKE SURE you read all the comments on Amazon...it will help you pick out a machine, whether you get it on line or not. HAPPY HUNTING!!! ;)

P.S. I did try to find the machine Jennifer McGuire recommended on her blog, but she has redone her blog & I can't find it anymore. Sorry! :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2016, 04:35 PM   #18  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

I have some mixed media friends heavy into sewing and they overwhelmingly do not like the sewing quality produced by Brother machines. They all are pleased with the sewing quality produced by Janome and Kenmore machines.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2016, 06:17 PM   #19  
Die Cut Diva

TLady, you are right. This is the machine that Jennifer McGuire recommended on her blog:
Video: Vellum Shaker Card - Jennifer McGuire Ink
(Look for the sentence that says, "I recommend using an inexpensive....")

It is shown in this video of her favorite things of 2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6i8...Cqp0sv&index=9

And this blogger writes, "I had been wanting this since I first saw it on Jennifer McGuire’s video My Favorite Crafty Things 2014 – Crafting Tools."
Sewing |

Anyone else get the feeling that if Jennifer McGuire recommended a certain deodorant or shampoo, there would be tons of people running out to buy it?

Back to this Brother sewing machine ... the price is excellent, the reviews at Amazon and other places are overwhelmingly great and ... most importantly, Jennifer McGuire gives it her stamp of approval. I think Poppydarling has made a good choice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2016, 09:07 PM   #20  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59View Post
Anyone else get the feeling that if Jennifer McGuire recommended a certain deodorant or shampoo, there would be tons of people running out to buy it?

Back to this Brother sewing machine ... the price is excellent, the reviews at Amazon and other places are overwhelmingly great and ... most importantly, Jennifer McGuire gives it her stamp of approval. I think Poppydarling has made a good choice.
Haha it is pretty crazy � it's not like she has a corner on quality supplies and materials but you would think it after seeing all the things that are sold out after she promotes them in a video! I feel like I've watched every minute of every video she's ever shot but I didn't know she had recommended this machine, so thanks for doing that research.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2016, 04:02 AM   #21  
Hardware Hotshot

Thank you Melissa59! I thought it might be the same machine, but just wasn't sure. Now reading poppydarling's response, I know this has helped! ;) I'm so glad! I KNEW SOMEONE would know! ;) It is a nerve wracking thing to buy something like this, put out the $$$ & hope for the best! I have an Ott Light, that recently died...you know how expensive they are. I kept the price down, read all the reviews & it has given out before the bulb. ARGH! Back to the light that puts out heat....not needed when you have hot flashes! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2016, 07:57 AM   #22  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

It is a nerve wracking thing to buy something like this, put out the $$$ & hope for the best! I have an Ott Light, that recently died...you know how expensive they are. I kept the price down, read all the reviews & it has given out before the bulb. ARGH! Back to the light that puts out heat....not needed when you have hot flashes! LOL
Right?! I bought a portable Ott light at Tuesday Morning and it worked about a week before it started malfunctioning :( I'm sick of built-in obsolescence! And wasting hard earned money. And reading all the conflicting reviews on Amazon for nearly everything!

But I'm alive, it's a sunny day, not as cold and I'm working on a wonderful project at my craft table, so life is good. And maybe that sewing machine will turn out to be good value after all [cue bluebirds and Andy Hardy films theme song].
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2016, 08:23 AM   #23  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppydarlingView Post
Right?! I bought a portable Ott light at Tuesday Morning and it worked about a week before it started malfunctioning :( I'm sick of built-in obsolescence! And wasting hard earned money. And reading all the conflicting reviews on Amazon for nearly everything!

But I'm alive, it's a sunny day, not as cold and I'm working on a wonderful project at my craft table, so life is good. And maybe that sewing machine will turn out to be good value after all [cue bluebirds and Andy Hardy films theme song].

Yeah, I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND what you're saying. I bought a griddle on Amazon & read all the info. & reviews & I felt like I was taking a chance & SURE ENOUGH, it is a piece of JUNK! UGH! You just NEVER KNOW! Everything made in China & poor quality is what we have now. NOTHING lasts anymore! And fabrics are shameless! That stretchy stuff isn't worth a penny! That is one of the reasons I can't replace my OOOOOOLD Singer Sewing Machine! LOL HANG ON TO ANYTHING OLD!!!! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2016, 08:47 AM   #24  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

NOTHING lasts anymore!
Admittedly, I am somewhat cynical. I honestly believe that things are built to Not Last.

Those of us who've hit 50 are old enough to remember our dads fixing our old televisions by replacing a fuse that looked like a glass light bulb. They even had machines in grocery stores where our dads could test those fuses to see which one was bad. Nowadays, a lot of things are electronic (TV, radio, microwave) -- and practically disposable. Buying new is more cost-efficient than taking the old in for repair.

It wasn't that long ago that sewing machine innards were metal. Now,they are mostly plastic. Why in the world would anyone want to build a machine that runs on plastic gears?

Answer:
1) They want to turn a bigger profit up front.
2) They want to continue business with repeat customers (those who buy after their stuff breaks down)
3) They definitely want to ensure that things don't last long enough to be passed down to the next generation.

I warned you that I was cynical. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2016, 09:38 AM   #25  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59View Post
Admittedly, I am somewhat cynical. I honestly believe that things are built to Not Last.

Those of us who've hit 50 are old enough to remember our dads fixing our old televisions by replacing a fuse that looked like a glass light bulb. They even had machines in grocery stores where our dads could test those fuses to see which one was bad. Nowadays, a lot of things are electronic (TV, radio, microwave) -- and practically disposable. Buying new is more cost-efficient than taking the old in for repair.

It wasn't that long ago that sewing machine innards were metal. Now,they are mostly plastic. Why in the world would anyone want to build a machine that runs on plastic gears?

Answer:
1) They want to turn a bigger profit up front.
2) They want to continue business with repeat customers (those who buy after their stuff breaks down)
3) They definitely want to ensure that things don't last long enough to be passed down to the next generation.

I warned you that I was cynical. LOL

OH! I AGREE WITH YOU!!! So, I MUST BE SYNICAL TOO! LOL I don't believe they are making things to last either! Funny thing is, if the piece broke down...I WOULDN'T buy another from that company!!! LOL So, they are shooting THEMSELVES IN THE FOOT!!!! Quality isn't something ANYONE expects anymore!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2016, 12:30 PM   #26  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

HANG ON TO ANYTHING OLD!!!! ;)
The very reason I'm enjoying my 1928 cottage, even as my neighborhood becomes hip and "hot" and people are knocking buildings down to build inferior infill houses designed to look old, and junky new construction that looks good in realtor photographs. My house is brick and should still be going strong in another 100 years!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2016, 04:03 PM   #27  
Rubber Obsessor

And it is EVERYTHING manufactured these days!

I bought a dishwasher, one step up from the cheapest one at Sears. One month later the MOTOR went out....so they replaced it and I had the 5 year warranty. When the warranty co. called for me to renew, i told them no, I'd just buy a new one. And that has been my philosophy for a while.

Before that dishwasher, i bought a Maytag stack washer dryer, with another 5 year warranty. By the end of that warranty the entire computer system had been replaced. I am waiting for it to go out, after 16 years now....so I can buy another cheapy new one.

My friend had a high end computerized sewing machine, she and I were working on finishing a rag quilt for a C'mas gift. My little $150 machine from Joann's bough back in 1987 outsewed her clanking, stop, adjust restart, high end machine...and finally hers stopped and mine finished the quilt, which proves our point that we should KEEP our OLD machines!

I consider most things throw-aways.

My little Kenmore Mini is not computerized and my Brother is so I'm covered.

I am always at Joann's looking at those expensive machines. Always talking to the same lady about this one or that. One day last year I went in and the least expensive machine they had was $600+ on sale floor model. I told her I wasn't willing to spend that kind of money on a machine...her jaw dropped. Literally. I felt terrible so bad.

I understood better when while at a crop a man brought a gorgeous quilt he was working on and he was showing me his high end machines. One in particular was only $8K used....so I can see why the lady at Joann's thought I was a little 'off'.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2016, 04:40 PM   #28  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppydarlingView Post
The very reason I'm enjoying my 1928 cottage, even as my neighborhood becomes hip and "hot" and people are knocking buildings down to build inferior infill houses designed to look old, and junky new construction that looks good in realtor photographs. My house is brick and should still be going strong in another 100 years!

Your cottage is just a little older than my sewing machine! LOL But, I love older houses for the character they have, inside & out! They DON'T make them like they used to. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2016, 04:49 PM   #29  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by CottageBlissView Post
And it is EVERYTHING manufactured these days!

I bought a dishwasher, one step up from the cheapest one at Sears. One month later the MOTOR went out....so they replaced it and I had the 5 year warranty. When the warranty co. called for me to renew, i told them no, I'd just buy a new one. And that has been my philosophy for a while.

Before that dishwasher, i bought a Maytag stack washer dryer, with another 5 year warranty. By the end of that warranty the entire computer system had been replaced. I am waiting for it to go out, after 16 years now....so I can buy another cheapy new one.

My friend had a high end computerized sewing machine, she and I were working on finishing a rag quilt for a C'mas gift. My little $150 machine from Joann's bough back in 1987 outsewed her clanking, stop, adjust restart, high end machine...and finally hers stopped and mine finished the quilt, which proves our point that we should KEEP our OLD machines!

I consider most things throw-aways.

My little Kenmore Mini is not computerized and my Brother is so I'm covered.

I am always at Joann's looking at those expensive machines. Always talking to the same lady about this one or that. One day last year I went in and the least expensive machine they had was $600+ on sale floor model. I told her I wasn't willing to spend that kind of money on a machine...her jaw dropped. Literally. I felt terrible so bad.

I understood better when while at a crop a man brought a gorgeous quilt he was working on and he was showing me his high end machines. One in particular was only $8K used....so I can see why the lady at Joann's thought I was a little 'off'.

You've had a better experience with Sears than us. When we moved in here, we got a new refrigerator & it died almost immediately---lasting about a week....they didn't want to replace it, even under warranty!!!!

I'm always looking at the Singer Commercial Machines they have, they're metal. BUT, they don't have a good review. (My old machine doesn't have a button Holer.) So, I just keep on with my old machine.... I don't want to pay a chunk of $$$ either!

Our stove went out not long ago, after almost 10 years. I had it heating up & our son was watching it through the window. The element was SO BRIGHT & moving around the heating element at the bottom, like a fuse to a bomb. Our son started screaming at me to TURN IT OFF!!!! I just laughed, but I wasn't when I realized it had died. :(

You're right, NOTHING LASTS ANYMORE! They take our jobs & expect us to continue to buy. What's with those guys in Washington anyway?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2016, 06:22 AM   #30  
Die Cut Diva

Received 934 Likes on 855 Posts

I bought a Brother machine for the same reason ...to stitch on cards. Did it once and then decided it was easier to just make little hash marks on cards to look like stitching. :rolleyes: But to make sure it was not a wasted purchase (only around $80) I gave it to my granddaughter and I'm teaching her how to sew. We all spend excessive money on our card gadgets that may or may not work so I'd say that if there is an alternative use for that machine if you decide not to stitch cards ...Go For It!
This is the one I originally got and its a Gem.
http://www.amazon.com/Brother-Jx2517...ewing+machines
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2016, 07:32 PM   #31  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I highly recommend getting a good refurbished used machine from a reputable dealer. Any of the basic machines made by a big name, Janome, Brother etc, would be a good bet. Those cheapie machines sold at Walmart and hobby lobby usually are not as good quality machines with lots of cheap plastic parts. They either cannot be serviced or the repairs cost more than they are worth based on the price of a machine. On the other hand, a good machine not only can be serviced more easily but has a resale value of you decide you don't want it or want to upgrade!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2016, 03:13 AM   #32  
Stampin' Fool

I keep my good old metal sewing machine for clothes/material, and the inexpensive, lightweight Janome for my cards. It also means I don't have to worry about changing out needles when I use them!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2016, 08:50 AM   #33  
Matboard Maniac

I read that some folks use those little hand-held sewing contraptions to stitch their cards. It would be a really inexpensive option if stitching on cards is all you want to do. I just looked and Singer makes one. It's called a "Stitch Sew Quick". Also, if you have a Silhouette Cameo, the Silhouette Design Store has several different stitching templates that cut the stitch holes into your card, and you just run thread thru the holes with a needle - very simple (that's the way I do it).

Last edited by BohemianBelle; 01-11-2016 at 08:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2016, 10:23 AM   #34  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by BohemianBelleView Post
I read that some folks use those little hand-held sewing contraptions to stitch their cards. It would be a really inexpensive option if stitching on cards is all you want to do. I just looked and Singer makes one. It's called a "Stitch Sew Quick". Also, if you have a Silhouette Cameo, the Silhouette Design Store has several different stitching templates that cut the stitch holes into your card, and you just run thread thru the holes with a needle - very simple (that's the way I do it).
I wish those got better reviews! That would be very handy for me but I hate flushing $20-30 down the toilet and that's the risk I would take, I think. I'll check into that one though.

I have the WRMK Sew Easy that pokes the holes that you sew, but I find it so time-consuming! So I just do a few stitches at a time. Would love to just do a straight stitch up the sides of the cards zip zip.
Reply With Quote Likes