Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-23-2008, 08:42 AM   #1
Kookie Creator

Default Bazzill demystified

I looooove Bazzill cardstock and am planning on purchasing a big ole' heap of it soon, but am wondering how to approach the many different color packs they offer.

Does anyone know how colors are divided into the different types of packs? I understand that the monochromatic packs are in fact, a variety of tones/shades of the same base color, but are the fourz or trios all that different in concept? Also, is there overlap between the trio, fourz or mono packs? Will a color only appear in one type of pack?

Also, are the smoothie colors the same as the regular colors?

I sense a project for myself coming up.....
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-23-2008, 09:01 AM   #2
Kookie Creator

I am not sure how the packs work for I buy the colors in bulk. However, I will give you the website of where I have purchased all of mine at the best prices. Look under their clearence area. Usually Bazzil starts at about the third page. Here is the site:

https://www.passionateforscrappinit.com/index.asp

Here is a peak at my Bazil drawer. Can you tell I love this paper?

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...00&ppuser=7997

I have gotten the best service from this website. Really fast shipping and they give an extra 10% off at the end, even off their already low, low sale prices. Good luck. I am a BB fan!
Old 01-23-2008, 10:51 AM   #3
Pearl-ExPert

I'm lucky to have some Bazzill CS swatches and I would say the colours are different across their ranges and that there are no matches across textures - although some may be close. I have swatches for the Monochromatic, Doodlebug, Raw Silk, Orange Peel, Places We Love, Washboard, Bling and Smoothie ranges. Each collection has a different texture and the colours vary in each collection.

Sorry, I've not bought the Trio or Fourz packs so can't answer your question re overlap, I buy my Bazzill online by the sheet.

I've just received some new Bazzill CS today - In Stitchz - which has 3 pre-punched flowers along the side (the flowers are made by holes having been punched in the CS) that you can thread embroidery floss or riboon through - fun! They have other designs too in the In Stitchz range - plus they sell the needles and floss.

Enjoy your Bazzill stash!
Old 01-23-2008, 11:11 AM   #4
Kookie Creator

Wink too much free time?

Ok, because I am a great big dork and love spreadsheets, I did a little legwork and put together a spreadsheet which lists each color in alphabetical order and what multi pack (trio, fourz or monochromatic) it is available in, if at all.

Some interesting things I found:
  1. There are 2 colors which are available in 2 different packs: Forget-me-not and Limeade.
  2. There are a handful of colors which come in 2 textures.
  3. Less than half of the colors are available in a multi-pack (132/305).

So now when I want to place my order I can be sure to get the colors I know I want without having to but all individual color packs (I would like to avoid that- too much of a cash outlay at once for me).

I hope someone else enjoys this spreadsheet as much as I do!

*Disclaimer: I could not get the color name for a few of the multi-packs. Also, everything is in 12x12 only. There may be differences for the other sizes. This does not include the 'places we love' or other assorted packs. I have to get some real work done today!
Attached Files
File Type: xls Bazzill Guide.xls (91.0 KB, 27 views)