Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-29-2008, 06:02 AM   #1
Die Cut Diva

Exclamation ATG Refills - HELP

OK ladies, I'm sure I've seen this someplace, but I know you can help me. I bought an ATG from my LSS plus a refill. Both gave me problems. I took it back to the store and the owner told me it was OK. IMO, it wasn't. It was tight (even tho' I loosened the tension) and it wouldn't turn (no matter how much I tried) and would constantly stick. Personally, I think it was the wrong size (or old). I took it back to her and she gave me a free roll of tape. Did the same thing. I then found a refill at a garage sale - marked "FREE". Took it and VIOLA! It works like a charm. Now for my problem.......

I never looked to see what brand it was and I will NOT go back to the LSS to purchase another refill. Where do you ladies get your refills from? My ATG is NOT a 3M. It says "BOMA" on the back.

Thanks a bunch for your help.

Stef H
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-29-2008, 06:18 AM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: I don't stamp, I just talk about stamping on the internet!

I only get my refills from framingsupplies.com. Then again, I have a real ATG, too, and they are real refills. I use the 914 Gold, because I do scrapbooking with it and this one is acid free.

HTH!
Old 09-29-2008, 06:31 AM   #3
Stazon Splitcoast

I also buy only from framingsupplies.com. They're reliable and the price is right! For my cardmaking I purchase the 924 ATG adhesive transfer tape.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:06 AM   #4
Stazon Splitcoast

I can't say I've ever heard of the dispenser you're describing. Any way you could post a picture of it and/or the roll of tape that isn't working for you?

If push comes to shove, you don't actually need the dispenser to use the tape. I used the refills for years before investing in the dispenser....
Old 09-29-2008, 02:02 PM   #5
Crimping Master

I get my ATG stuff from www.cropandstick.com and they have awesome customer service. Perhaps an email to the ladies there might help.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:54 PM   #6
Glitter Guru

Have you tried doing a web search for ATGs to see if you can find one that looks like yours? I did a web search with boma atg and didn't come up with a whole lot.
"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Mt. 6:21

Old 09-29-2008, 03:22 PM   #7
Pearl-ExPert

Since you were having problems with the dispenser originally, did you happen to save the box in case you wanted to complain to the manufacturer? I hang onto the original packaging of a product until I am satisfied so that I have all the info for a complaint if need be. If you had manufacturer info, you might be able to do a web search and find out about refills for your particular ATG.

There is a thread here, "Wish me luck...." The lady was going to try another brand of double-sided tape in her 3M ATG. Check it out, she said that there was a dispenser also offered on the site where she bought the tape.

Good luck--