Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-31-2005, 12:11 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone own sissix AND quick cutz??

I have a sissix which I enjoy, BUT our scrapbook store has the quickcutz and all dies on sale. The quick cutz seem to have a lot better selection and I LOVE the embossing backgrounds. Ok, so my question? Do I need Quick cutz since I have the sissix or is it just anther toy to dust?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2005, 12:16 PM   #2  
Kookie Creator

If you can wait 6 months (sizzix is slow), you will be able to get a sizzix adaptor which will work the quickcutz dies.

A lot of people love the portability of the QC, but others complain using it gives them carpal tunnel type pain.

If you go to www.twopeasinabucket.com their product review board has dozens of threads comparing and contrasting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2005, 12:35 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

I have both the Sizzix and the QuicKutz. You can use the QK dies with your Sizzix by stacking 3 of the cutting mats on top of each other. You don't need to push the handle down as hard either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2005, 12:46 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a Quickutz convertor for my Sizzix machine. Hurrah, at last something the UK does that the US doesn't. :lol: It is an unofficial convertor, but it is a thin metal plate that goes along with the Sizzix convertor to be able to use Quickutz dies.
I must admit I prefer Quickutz dies, but prefer Sizzix alphabets, so now I have the best of both worlds.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2005, 01:00 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

I have a Sizzix, a Quikutz and the new Zip'e Mate. The Zip'e Mate does it all...including embossing with brass templates. I love the dies that QK has but the Zip'e Mate dies are even better. They are very similar to the QK.

But, to answer your question...if you love the QK dies, then buy them and try to find an adaptor for you sizzix, you really don't need the QK machine to use their dies.

For anyone who hasn't bought a die cutting system yet, I highly recommend the Zip'e Mate just because of its versitility!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2005, 03:06 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

I have a friend with the Sizzix, QuiKutz and a Zip E Mate, too.

I find the biggest disadvantage to owning ONLY the QuiKutz is that the dies are all the same size. With Sizzix you can get things in all different sizes, including some as large as, what ... 4x5?? (Are they that large? Now I'm second-guessing myself.) Anyway, they ARE larger than the QKs.

Pros and cons to everything, though!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 11:10 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

OH WOW - thanks for the tip. I'll wait for the converter. Now, I'm guessing this converter is different than the one for the sizzlits, right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 11:35 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

No, it's different. You do need the Sizzix convertor for the Sizzlits but then you also need this convertor. It is a sheet of metal about 1/8" thick that goes under the white cutting board because the Quickutz dies are so thin, so it lifts the mat up slightly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 11:58 AM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Default Quickutz - gotta have it!!!

I had a Sizzix first - and still do and use it. Howver - I also have the Quickutz, mutliple fonts, and 100 shapes. (okay - yes I am addicted).

What I like about the Quickutz is that it is portable and I can easily cary it with me when I get together w/ friends to scrap/make cards/etc..... The Sizzix machine is large and heavy to carry.

I am not sure what the sale price is at the store you are buying from - however - here is a website where ALL Quickutz items are ALWAYS 30% off - (including the tool, etc....) AND if you spend over $100 - there is FREE shipping! Plus - unless you live in the state the store is in - you don't pay sales tax either.

This is where I buy most of my stuff!

www.crazyscraps.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 10:23 PM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

I have both. I mostly use my QK dies with my Sizzix machine. Works great. I just love it.

marlo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 11:11 PM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

I am going to get a die cut machine but can't bring myself to buy the Sizzix. I just want to have my choice of dies, and sizzix seems kind of limited to me. Isn't the Zip E'Mate by Accucut the one that can use ANY brand of the dies as long as you have the right converters?

Does anyone have this machine? Do they like it?

]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2005, 03:34 AM   #12  
Kookie Creator

Default well maybe it won't take six months after all....

Quote:

Originally Posted by spv
For any one interested...the Sizzix website has posted the new adapter that will cut other brands wafer thin dies. They come in a package of 10 for $4.99 and can be used with both the Sizzix machine and the Sidekick. I love my Sizzix machine and Sidekick...I love the larger size dies but I also love the detail of the Quickutz so I am very excited about the adapter. I have ordered two packs and will be very anxious to try them. I do not have the Quickutz handle so have been using the 3 pad method. Right now if you place a $25 order (I think this is the minimum order) you get a free Simple Impressions Embossing Folder (unfortunately their choice)...but the embossing folders are pretty slick if you have not tried them yet.

I can only find this:
http://www.sizzix.com/shop.cfm?funct...Number=38-9711
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2005, 04:45 AM   #13  
spv
Rubber Obsessor

Try this link:

http://www.sizzix.com/now_showing.cfm?function=form

If you can't pull it up from the link go to the Now Showing feature or click on the Sidekick in the shopping section and you will see the adapters. PM me if this does not help. The item number is 38-9710 so you could also pull it up by that number.

I am very excited to see how well these work and think it will really expand my die cutting world!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2005, 04:54 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by spv
Try this link:

http://www.sizzix.com/now_showing.cfm?function=form

If you can't pull it up from the link go to the Now Showing feature or click on the Sidekick in the shopping section and you will see the adapters. PM me if this does not help. The item number is 38-9710 so you could also pull it up by that number.

I am very excited to see how well these work and think it will really expand my die cutting world!
Someone on another board bought them at her LSS and says she used 2 of the plates with her QK and her Sidekick and it worked like a charm. She gave two thumbs up!

My new favorite site...
My Create, Ink -- COLOR LAB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2005, 04:59 AM   #15  
Cardstock Collector

Default sizzix, Quickutz and Zip'e Mate

I own both Sizzix and Quickutz and I also bought Accucut's Zip'e Mate a few months ago, which accomodates both the Sizzix and Quickutz dies, as well as dry embossing stencils and Accucut and Dayco dies. I can't say enough good things about this machine. I was still taking my Quickutz handle to crops and then I bought Accucut's ZAZ and now I take that one instead. It's much smaller and lighter and easier to use for someone with arthritis or carpal tunnel. If anyone out there is starting from scratch, I can highly recommend the Zip'e Mate, which does it all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2005, 06:22 AM   #16  
Stampin' Fool

Location: Have you seen the Big Shot Doctors Bag? It's adorable!!!

I also own a Zipemate and absolutly LOVE it........it cuts them all with ease. If you're thinking of getting a die cutting machine this is the one.....cutathome.com has a monthly 40% off coupon they will send you for signing up......lots of great alphas and dies too, Vicky
Reply With Quote Likes