Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-30-2009, 05:16 AM   #41
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin' SoozView Post
can't wait for the Sunday paper and that coupon!
Why wait for the Sunday paper ... get a coupon here and go today!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-30-2009, 05:16 AM   #42
Polyshrink Goddess

There is a 45% coupon in the announcements section right here in our forums
Old 10-30-2009, 08:10 AM   #43
Insane Embellisher

You would think that when you live in the Scrapbook Mecca of the country (Utah), that the Michaels stores in this state would make sure they always had the newest products in their stores. I have found that the M's here always seem to be so far behind the times in getting new products.

Needless to say I haven't been able to find one of these yet and it's frustrating me! I already have a Scor-Pal and an UCC, but I want this one for the cheap price and the 1/8" markings!

Hopefully I'll find one soon!
Old 10-30-2009, 07:56 PM   #44
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappindadView Post
You would think that when you live in the Scrapbook Mecca of the country (Utah), that the Michaels stores in this state would make sure they always had the newest products in their stores. I have found that the M's here always seem to be so far behind the times in getting new products.

Needless to say I haven't been able to find one of these yet and it's frustrating me! I already have a Scor-Pal and an UCC, but I want this one for the cheap price and the 1/8" markings!

Hopefully I'll find one soon!
Yeah, I tried the Riverdale Michael's today too. Not even a spot for the new score tool.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:59 PM   #45
Matboard Maniac

Default Coupons on sale items?

I discovered this item day before yesterday on my way to
Stamp Club where we had been told we would do some serious scoring!! I had my Scor-Pal but was curious to compare. I didn't get it b/c MS stuff in this area was 25% off this week and you can't use a coupon on sale stuff. I decided to wait until I could use a coupon. Do Micheal's in different parts of the country have different items on sale? If not how were you all using a coupon on MS stuff this week?

Once I got to Stamp Club 1st thing we did was score something at an 1/8" interval and I realized a limitation with my Scor-Pal. I haven't had it long and so far I had basically just used it to score cards to fold in half. Think I will try the MS one when I have a chance to use a coupon.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:05 PM   #46
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by KateFergView Post
I realized a limitation with my Scor-Pal. I haven't had it long and so far I had basically just used it to score cards to fold in half. Think I will try the MS one when I have a chance to use a coupon.
1/8th's are not a limitation with the Scor-Pal, that's what those 1/8" markings on the left side of the board are for.

You use them when you have any measurement that is not available as a regular score line already on the bed. Requires a little bit of simple, simple math, but it's very easy.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:52 PM   #47
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Stamp Club where we had been told we would do some serious scoring!! I had my Scor-Pal but was curious to compare. I didn't get it b/c MS stuff in this area was 25% off this week and you can't use a coupon on sale stuff. I decided to wait until I could use a coupon. Do Micheal's in different parts of the country have different items on sale? If not how were you all using a coupon on MS stuff this week?

Once I got to Stamp Club 1st thing we did was score something at an 1/8" interval and I realized a limitation with my Scor-Pal. I haven't had it long and so far I had basically just used it to score cards to fold in half. Think I will try the MS one when I have a chance to use a coupon.
I think the way the Martha sale "language" was worded, it did not indicate the new score mat as being included in the 25% sale, just certain craft items in the Martha line. I used a 45% coupon yesterday on the MS score mat.

Remember when everyone was having trouble using a Michaels coupon on the Cuttlebug, because it was made by Provocraft, just like the Cricut, which was excluded from coupons. Sometimes people had to ask for a manager in order to use the coupon on Cuttlebugs

I don't ever assume anymore at Michaels that you can't do something - I always give it a try. The most they can say is No. You can always ask them to scan the coupon or type it in. If the register takes it, you get the discount.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 10-31-2009, 06:56 PM   #48
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11Valerie11View Post
1/8th's are not a limitation with the Scor-Pal, that's what those 1/8" markings on the left side of the board are for.

You use them when you have any measurement that is not available as a regular score line already on the bed. Requires a little bit of simple, simple math, but it's very easy.
Here is a wonderful chart you can print out to refer to if your brain is old and tired like mine is. I keep it with my Score Pal and it makes those odd measurements very easy:

//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=385613

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 10-31-2009, 07:50 PM   #49
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin'HappyInCTView Post
Why wait for the Sunday paper ... get a coupon here and go today!
Thanks! Sorry I am getting to this just now. We went to a wedding today . . . bride was Cleopatra and groom was Julius Caesar. Interesting . . .

My Little Gallery -- Thanks for looking!
Old 10-31-2009, 08:52 PM   #50
Kookie Creator

Quote:

This is what I thought too, BUT even though the signs said "ALL Martha Stewart 25% off", when you took any of the new items up to the register they rang up at regular price and were not included in the sale... so I went several times and got some really great punches and of course the score tool with a coupon!
Old 10-31-2009, 09:05 PM   #51
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunf1owerView Post
This is what I thought too, BUT even though the signs said "ALL Martha Stewart 25% off", when you took any of the new items up to the register they rang up at regular price and were not included in the sale... so I went several times and got some really great punches and of course the score tool with a coupon!
Well DARN!!!! I was there, ready to buy it, with a coupon in my wallet and I walked away. Just shows you should always try! Already have my email coupon for next week. Just hope they have some at my store!
Old 11-01-2009, 04:59 AM   #52
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I'm getting the MS tool and selling my rarely used Scor-Pal. I deal with doing math all day at work (I teach Physics) and the LAST thing I want to do when I'm crafting is more math! It might be "simple" math but I just don't feel like being bothered. This is the same reason that my Scor-pal is rarely used- I have and much prefer the Enveloper for envelopes.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:20 AM   #53
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by tchkView Post
I'm getting the MS tool and selling my rarely used Scor-Pal. I deal with doing math all day at work (I teach Physics) and the LAST thing I want to do when I'm crafting is more math! It might be "simple" math but I just don't feel like being bothered. This is the same reason that my Scor-pal is rarely used- I have and much prefer the Enveloper for envelopes.

Whatever works best for you is best for you, right? Aren't we all fortunate that there is no craft dictatorship and so many options for everyone?

I don't have a problem subtracting from 8 and that's all it is really, but then again, I don't teach Physics (which I am assuming is either High School or College) and only have to deal with one teen around here....

Old 11-01-2009, 06:32 AM   #54
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Whatever works best for you is best for you, right? Aren't we all fortunate that there is no craft dictatorship and so many options for everyone?

I don't have a problem subtracting from 8 and that's all it is really, but then again, I don't teach Physics (which I am assuming is either High School or College) and only have to deal with one teen around here....
Valerie, you are right, and I have used the Scorpal exactly the way you described...but part of the appeal of the Scorpal was the fact that it made things EASIER. You can fold a card with a bone folder, without the Scorpal, but it's easier with it. You can even score with a ruler, without the Scorpal. So, I think that's why the resistance to doing the math--we bought the Scorpal for the convenience, and thinking through the math isn't convenient And, I've actually thought it through incorrectly and had to start over...

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right”--Lincoln
Old 11-01-2009, 06:59 AM   #55
Hardware Hotshot

confused... wasn't there another thread about this product??
Old 11-01-2009, 07:09 AM   #56
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracy-StamperView Post
confused... wasn't there another thread about this product??
There's 2 of them...........one was up in Announcements and they moved it here into TPT. Not merged though.

Old 11-01-2009, 07:54 AM   #57
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

There's 2 of them...........one was up in Announcements and they moved it here into TPT. Not merged though.
thanks, I was looking for the thread with the pictures in it.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:58 AM   #58
Hardware Hotshot

never mind, I just saw there's a picture in this thread too. Actually the one here is good because it shows the folder. The folder does look a little cheap. Has anyone used the Scor Pal folder on the MS board? Does that work?
Old 11-01-2009, 08:43 AM   #59
Dirty Dozen Alumni

No, it doesn't work. As it's engineered specifically for the grooves of the Scor-Pal, it's too big to fit the grooves on the MS board which are significantly smaller.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:23 AM   #60
Compulsive Stamper

I just bought this yesterday and LOVE it! I wrote a brief review on my blog...
Old 11-02-2009, 07:40 AM   #61
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by NH_CricutView Post
I'm gonna get one and try it. You can never have enough tools right
Old 11-02-2009, 08:00 AM   #62
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Your Blog Link Does Not Work

I clicked on the "My Blog" link and the next window said "blogger not found". I'd like to read your review of this product.

Thanks
Kelli

Quote:

Originally Posted by NH_CricutView Post
Old 11-02-2009, 06:59 PM   #63
Insane Embellisher

I wonder if it is being sold online anywhere? My Michaels doesn't have it, and doesn't appear to be getting it soon.
Leah
Old 11-02-2009, 07:08 PM   #64
Rubber Obsessor

I made a couple of envelopes, and found if you cut the paper a little smaller than she says (for an A-2 envy I used 8.25 inch square instead of an 8.5 inch square, and score at the same places she tells you too, the envy comes out a little smaller and fits a standard card nicely.
I also did lots of parallel scoring lines, and they came out real well too.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:55 AM   #65
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmcgraw01View Post
I wonder if it is being sold online anywhere? My Michaels doesn't have it, and doesn't appear to be getting it soon.
Leah
If you're desperate for it, my Michael's had a bunch-I can pick one up for you with my 40% off coupon.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:10 AM   #66
Hardware Hotshot

I am glad to hear that those of you that got this new tool are liking it. I bought two last weekend (one for me/one for my mom), however the next day I returned them to Michael's because I didn't really care for it. When I scored some lines, the tool skipped out of the groove (never has happened with my Scor-Pal) and the envelope wasn't correct in size, so that was a waste of paper.

I do hope that those who are looking to buy one of these can find them.

happy crafting ~ Pam

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Old 11-03-2009, 09:36 AM   #67
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by airbornewifeView Post
I am glad to hear that those of you that got this new tool are liking it. I bought two last weekend (one for me/one for my mom), however the next day I returned them to Michael's because I didn't really care for it. When I scored some lines, the tool skipped out of the groove (never has happened with my Scor-Pal) and the envelope wasn't correct in size, so that was a waste of paper.

I do hope that those who are looking to buy one of these can find them.

happy crafting ~ Pam
I bought one too and love it! The scoring tool is beveled all the way around so any part of it will fit into the grooves. I learned quickly that if you use the wide end (not the pointed end), the tool does not skip out of the groove lines!! Using the wide end also keeps you from tearing a score through thinner DP. The pointed end is pretty narrow, so I'm thinking you only need to use that end to "unscore" a mistake, maybe for very precise scoring in small areas, or maybe as a smoother once the card is folded.

You'll be very happy with the MS board if you use the wide end of the tool!!

HTH!!
My Blog --> Everlasting Ink
I design for Heartfelt Creations
My Pinterest boards!

Last edited by Itsapassion; 11-03-2009 at 09:40 AM..
Old 11-14-2009, 07:05 PM   #68
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator

I ran into this tool earlier this week. Boy, was I suprised!! And to think that I bought a scor pal a month or 2 ago! I hate finding things cheaper...or with more options! haha. I took it out of the packaging and it is lighter than the scor pal. I wondered about the grooves and skipping myself. But I will have to commit myself to figure out the conversions on the Scorpal to make it work with all the measurements. There is always something newer and flasher out there. Although, in this case, it's a knock off with some improvements. I liked the idea of a right angle for other things...and the list of measurements in the small pocket. Who knows...maybe scorpal will make another adjustment and I can get credit for a new one!!
Old 11-23-2009, 05:50 PM   #69
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I just got the MS today and returned my 3-week old SP back to Archiver's. No questions asked...really nice company. The M's in our area said that Martha Stewart uses UPS ground in the States so they never know when they will get a shipment and it comes only when Martha's company says. Sounds like Martha Stewart.