Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-20-2019, 08:38 AM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 279 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Another option to glitter

I like glitter effects on my projects, but I don't like the mess and seldom use it. I've used the Rangers Stickles on occasion but not too often. Once I use up or when it dries up I won't purchase anymore.

After watching Vicky Papaioannou's (Clips-n-Cuts) video for usingAladine iZink Diamond 24 Carats Glitter Paint I, I decided to try a few basic colors (gold/ silver/ black). I like that they are permanent and washable if used on fabrics.

If you've tried them I'd like to hear you think about the product.

Also they are on sale at Joggles this week, 20% off.

Aladine iZink Diamond 24 Carats Glitter Paints - Joggles.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2019, 09:17 AM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Funny, I was just watching today’s Joggles video - not about Aladdin, but she had examples with it - and thought it looked really neat. Thanks!

It seems as though she’s calling it paint sometimes and paste other times?

Last edited by bjeans; 11-20-2019 at 09:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2019, 09:31 AM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Here's another review of the product by Vicki
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2019, 10:28 AM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

i wanted more info on the difference between the old and the new, and of course Barb explains it succinctly with examples in the first part of this video:
Aladine's iZink 24 Carat Glitter Paint - Joggles Blog

I’m not usually a big holographic “anything” fan but I love that the white goes green, plus the new “appears” finer than the old. Bohodiva, you enabler you. ;)

Btw, the one glitter I occasionally/rarely make an exception for is Elizabeth Craft, since it’s so fine and burnishes (with a finger) so beautifully. We used it over a piece of lace onto die cut feathers on a card at a Stamp & SB Expo class and I fell in love. Plus the neutrals are amazing.

Last edited by bjeans; 11-20-2019 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: Autospell typos
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2019, 12:46 PM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by BohodivaView Post
Here's another review of the product by Vicki

Btw, this is the older product, first generation. More colors, non holographic, appears less fine. Not saying they’re worse or better, just different.

You can spot it’s the earlier type because the pouches don’t have the little red diamond toward the top right, plus they come in more colors at this time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2019, 12:51 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Just another medium to add to my collection for creative play after I finish mass producing holiday cards.
When I retire (March/April 2020) I'll be free to spend more time pursuing my creative interests and work my way through my never ending project list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2019, 12:59 PM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by BohodivaView Post
Just another medium to add to my collection for creative play after I finish mass producing holiday cards.
When I retire (March/April 2020) I'll be free to spend more time pursuing my creative interests and work my way through my never ending project list.

That’s about a minute from now! Almost congratulations!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2019, 02:38 PM   #8  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I have to say I see these as a paste not a paint.

These are pretty-and I do like holographic, but I want to be able to put back excess. Plus I am too ham fisted. I could EASILY see me shooting that stuff across the room SPLAT. :rolleyes: As it is, that can happen with a stickles when they have an air bubble. There are a number of glitter pastes out there-Nuvo has a bunch for example called Glimmer pastes and bo bunny's are called glitter paste. As long as I screw it on tight I have not had problems (yet) with drying. Mousse is worse for that for me.
They also seem big to me for storage?

I don't want to sound negative-if I was at your house I would love to play with them. Just my own reality.

BTW Bjeans...others whites will look green/blue on black paper.
The NUVO moonstone and the bobunny sugar both do that w bobunny being darker bluish.

I love glitter but I totally agree that the Elizabeth craft is wonderful for easy burnishing and hold on DS tape which something I do. Just to run a strip.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2019, 03:16 PM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

I've seen many beautiful cards made with the glitter pastes, glimmer pastes and mousses, but I avoid such mediums in "pots".
I have a collection of 8 Viva Decor's Inka Golds which come in those round pots. I bought them a couple of years ago. They were smooth as butter when I first used them. Last year I pulled them out to make a batch of backgrounds and they were cracked and dried out.
All was not lost though, it took some work to re-hydrate them, but the consistency was not the same. They still work fine, just not as buttery smooth.

As for the loose glitter, too messy for my liking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2019, 03:23 PM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

This product is thinner than pastes, which I have, though it can be used that way - like thick paint can be used. In Barb’s video the appearance is more paint-like as she squeezes it out onto her table. The consistency reminds me of heavy body acrylic paint that comes in tubes. Maybe it is with glitter added?

I have Sennelier acrylics in the same pouches, and there haven’t been any air bubbles or spurting, likely because of design. If they were prone to that, get behind me in line because I’d be the first to make a big mess. Not that you can’t squeeze out too much unintentionally if looking away or not paying attention. I’ve done that with tube paints.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2019, 04:44 PM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

Thanks for sharing your experience.
I'm looking forward to working with them using my stencils, brush techniques, using them on textiles for my sewing projects in the new year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2019, 04:55 PM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

Neat for you textile folks that the newer version doesn’t have to be ironed to set it. I don’t even see it on their website yet.

They also have a thicker “Izink 3D” paste in a jar listed under their Textile section. They show it on burlap.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2019, 09:27 PM   #13  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Let us know how you like it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2019, 12:14 PM   #14  
Stampin' Fool

Thumbs up Ooooh, I'm gonna like working with this product ...

I took a few minutes to try out the Izink Diamonds 24K products that I ordered in basic colors (black/lt gold/silver) with a stencil on a watercolor base.

It's a different application since the product is in pouches, but I found I was able to control the flow of product easily onto my paint splatula... it spread smoothly giving me control of the texture.

I'm going to like working with this product and its worth adding to my inventory. ;) I like it so much, I ordered another 7 colors!
I'll post pics of my samples later.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2019, 04:18 AM   #15  
Gallery Gazer

I thought I posted this already, weird. I only ordered two to start, and played for a few minutes but so far like this paint very much. I put a little bit on my craft mat to pick up. It’s thinner than pastes I have (since it’s paint) but obviously can be used that way.

So now I’m thinking of adding some Elizabeth Craft glitter to heavy bodied acrylic paint to see what happens. It will probably make a mess but that’s okay. I need a distraction from some heavy stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes