Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-06-2010, 04:37 AM   #1
SuG
Forum Fanatic

Default ad tech glue runner

I was just on www.framingsupplies.com looking at the ATG guns and they have a new link on the site
Most scrapbookers use these:
http://www.framingsupplies.com/3M/Sc...dTapesPage.htm
since I run across a lot of threads here about tape and dispensers and ATG is always mentioned (have on and absolutey love it - thinking of buyin a new on though because mine fell down the stairs) I have never seen this dispenser mentioned
anyone know about it? it seems too similar to tombow for my liking. Just wanted to know if any crafters use this
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-06-2010, 05:02 AM   #2
Stampin' Fool

You can buy ad tech and the refills at walmart. I used to use them, but the stuff falls apart after some time. They had an older formulation that I got at big lots, and loved, but they seem to be out of them and the new formulation they are currently selling just doesn't hold imho. I am using tombow mono now and I love it. The only drawback is that once it's on, it's on, but at least it sticks!
Old 05-06-2010, 05:04 AM   #3
Stampin' Fool

Just wanted to add, My aunt and I got together to make wedding invites for another aunt. She used the Ad tech dispenser with the permanent tape and I used the tombow mono. I had to go back and re-stick all the ones she made before I sent them, because they were falling apart.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:52 AM   #4
SuG
Forum Fanatic

thank you , I will stick to my atg. I love it. I was just wondering if their was a sticking issue. I have that problem with tombow.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:18 AM   #5
Watercolor Wizard

I'd stick to the ATG too. I've used the AdTech and it's not bad, but not great. It's better than Tombo Mono though (sorry, I have to disagree). I think the heat and humidity in Texas just makes Mono cards fall apart quickly. I've literally have them fall apart in my hands fresh out of the mail!

I just ordered a new ATG dispenser from Framing Supplies - mine's been dropped many, many times (the cover hinges broke the last time and the tape over them is not holding so well). Plus, I lost a key part a couple of years ago (the part you put back on after you load the tape) and it's getting nearly impossible to get it to work properly in the last 1/3 of the roll. Not bad for lasting though - nearly 3 years, 100s of rolls of tape, and some serious abuse!
Old 05-06-2010, 03:30 PM   #6
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by kikikarenView Post
I'd stick to the ATG too. I've used the AdTech and it's not bad, but not great. It's better than Tombo Mono though (sorry, I have to disagree)....
I have to agree that both of these adhesives - well - suck. If the ATG gun wasn't so big and heavy (carpal tunnel) I'd get one. I had to go back and re-glue about 20 scrapbook pages I used tombow adhesive on a little while ago because they all came apart. I tried using the Adtech when I first started scrapbooking, but the adhesive always gums up in the dispenser and comes out like little glue boogers all over. I found, however, that if it did go on properly, it stuck really well. I'm still using tombow for cards ( because most people usually throw out cards after a while so it doesn't matter if they're still stuck after 2 years) and use zip dry for my scrapbooking. I also like Sobo glue.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:22 PM   #7
Hardware Hotshot

If you offered the AdTEch to me for free, I'd take a pass.

I bought some of that stuff a long time ago at Walmart and had to return
so many for breaking.. not worth the trouble.

I have used Tombow for years without any problems, but got an ATG yesterday. I have a big bin full of Tombow refills and Glue Glider Pro (I think that's the name) refills and some of the Elmer's dot dispensers as well... I think I am well stocked for adhesive for a very long time.

~ Pam

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Old 05-06-2010, 05:40 PM   #8
SuG
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat_womanView Post
I have to agree that both of these adhesives - well - suck. If the ATG gun wasn't so big and heavy (carpal tunnel) I'd get one. I had to go back and re-glue about 20 scrapbook pages I used tombow adhesive on a little while ago because they all came apart. I tried using the Adtech when I first started scrapbooking, but the adhesive always gums up in the dispenser and comes out like little glue boogers all over. I found, however, that if it did go on properly, it stuck really well. I'm still using tombow for cards ( because most people usually throw out cards after a while so it doesn't matter if they're still stuck after 2 years) and use zip dry for my scrapbooking. I also like Sobo glue.
have you tried it? If you have a friend with one give it a try. it is very easy on the wrist I think. I have had bouts of carpal tunnel for years (sometimes in both wrists at the same time) and I am not sure this would be too bad with it. I guess it depends on your pain though.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:41 PM   #9
SuG
Forum Fanatic

I was shocked to see it on framing supplies. If crafters are coming to them to buy the more expensive ATG why would they try to sell the little adtech?
thanks for all the responses.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:21 PM   #10
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuGView Post
have you tried it? If you have a friend with one give it a try. it is very easy on the wrist I think. I have had bouts of carpal tunnel for years (sometimes in both wrists at the same time) and I am not sure this would be too bad with it. I guess it depends on your pain though.
I have tried it a couple times. I find its "top heavy" and sometimes I can't control the rotation in my wrists. When I did try it, it flopped over and boy did that one hurt my wrist. So, unfortunately, no ATG for me.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:14 AM   #11
SuG
Forum Fanatic

Ouch. sorry that is painful.

SophieLaFontaine used to use the tape without a gun and said it was fairly easy to apply it this way. I think the tape is so awesome I would even consider doing this. I have all the problems with tombow, and ATG tape is much cheaper.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:18 AM   #12
Stazon Splitcoast

I LOVE ADTECH and use nothing else.
I have never had a card fall apart on me.
I have with Tombo and thats why I switched. I buy the Adtechs at Walmart and Michaels but Walmart is cheaper.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:42 AM   #13
Hardware Hotshot

I have had really good luck with Ad-tech...for a short while they would fold back on themselves, but that was fixed. The for about three months it seemed like it wasn't sticking well....not like before...it used to be stuck for good and rip the paper if you tried to move it. I couldn't figure out what was going on. That started around October/November, but now it seems to be okay again????? hmmmm...strange.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:46 AM   #14
Die Cut Diva

I also have no trouble with the Ad-tech. I have cards that I made two years ago that are still all together. I do have to confess, though, that I use WAY more adhesive than most people would, doesn't matter what kind I use.

Don't breed or buy while homeless animals die!
Old 05-07-2010, 11:06 AM   #15
SuG
Forum Fanatic

I just saw a 4 pack of ad tech at Tuesday morning if you have one nearby. didn't catch the price.