Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Your Top 10 Stickles? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/your-top-10-stickles-475979/)

LoveyouMostest 01-13-2010 08:21 AM

Your Top 10 Stickles?

I was wondering what are your all-time favorite Stickles...those top 10 you are so happy you bought!

I only own 4 at this time:

Eucalyptus
Gold
Icicle
Baby Blue

And then I have generic Glitter Glue

Red
Blue Moon
Opal

Want to add to my list. Enable me please! LOL

Sheila

TeeGeeDee 01-13-2010 08:49 AM

Copper (I love it as the center of a flower ... especially a sunflower)

Silver / Gold (these colors are tied because which one I use depends on the occasion and other colors ... like navy and silver but red and gold for the holidays)

Red
Green

Turquoise (it's so pretty!)
Magenta (same reason!)

I can't remember the actual names but the pale blue and the pale pink are nice for baby cards

And Crystal is awesome when you want sparkle without color.

ETA: You can see ranger's color chart here:
http://www.rangerink.com/products/pr...e_stickles.htm

I love Stickles!

sprtchick 01-13-2010 09:14 AM

Diamond and Stardust are my favs.
blessings.

Sheena74 01-13-2010 09:58 AM

I don't think I have favorites, I have appox 16 colors colors and want many more. I use my metallic colors alot along with clear/diamond and star dust. I also use my black more then I thought I would. I really love the look of distress stickles but only have 3 colors thus far and plan on buying alot more. I don't think a girl can have too much stickles in her supplies,lol...

Sheena

Lola G. 01-13-2010 10:40 AM

At this point, I have only 4, but I think they're terrific -- just one little dab is often enough to perk up an image, and there's no mess or wasted product! The Star Dust and the Crystal are nice when a bit of color is okay; otherwise, I like the Frosted Lace, even though it's a more muted effect.

I bought Black Diamond, but I haven't used it yet. I'm looking forward to getting more colors.

buggainok 01-13-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchick (Post 15893509)
Diamond and Stardust are my favs.
blessings.

I'm with Amber! I love the look of Stickles, but really don't use the other colors I bought. I use Diamond and Stardust almost exclusively. They take on the color of whatever you put them on.

Also, (and don't know if this is just the batch I got), the Diamond and Stardust haven't "clogged" as bad as the colors. They flow freely and are much easier to use.

Cook22 01-13-2010 11:02 AM

I wouldn't have ten, let alone ten favourites. The one's I've used enough to replace are Goldenrod and Frosted Lace. Turquoise is great because I have several peacock stamps.

jazzytobi 01-13-2010 12:23 PM

Get this: i have 6 crystal!!! I guess everytime I passed the stickles I said to myself "Wow, that's pretty!!" and picked one up.. hahaha.. so I guess that's my favourite, and really it is. It's kind of a non-color that adds a little sparkle here and there and it goes with everything.

taniwolf 01-13-2010 02:32 PM

Black diamond and Xmas Red.
I need to get more though hehehehe

Crafty Math Chick 01-13-2010 03:36 PM

My faves:

Orange Peel
Lavendar
Christmas Red
Gold
Black Diamonds
Green (can't remember the color - I use it a lot for Christmas trees on cards)

kathy tucker 01-13-2010 04:17 PM

I am in love with the Distressed Stickles! Rock Candy is one of my new faves! The metals are also beautiful!

Crafty Chelle 01-13-2010 06:35 PM

Ditto Crystal!

I love Eucalyptus, as well...but you already have that and my other favs.

Stamper for fun 01-14-2010 02:34 AM

Star Dust.... similar to Crystal but it brings out more of the color of the item I "stickle"

whoistracy 01-14-2010 08:42 AM

I use Stardust & Frosted Lace all of the time for general sparkle on all of my projects.

Xmas red is great to have on hand for holiday projects. Cotton Candy is a great shade of pink- for those girly projects.

JennyAlia 01-14-2010 09:36 AM

I love orange peel for the center of flowers. Otherwise I usually use crystal.

mireles4 01-14-2010 10:55 AM

Mine is Icicle. I wonder what the difference is between this one and the crystal, does anyone know?

Jennaz 01-14-2010 10:59 AM

I have 23 different colors. Some I haven't used, but were impulse purchases cuz I loved the color and you never know...I might need them someday! LOL! My faves are Stardust, Diamond, Christmas Red, Holly, Golden Rod, Candy Cane and Cinnamon

Jennaz 01-14-2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mireles4 (Post 15902379)
Mine is Icicle. I wonder what the difference is between this one and the crystal, does anyone know?

I don't know... when I look at them in the store they all look the same. I took a piece of cardstock and put a glop of each color I have and wrote the names down...now I can see the difference in some of the colors.