Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-04-2014, 07:57 AM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I know the differences in pads, I just think 8 black inkpads may border on too many!!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2014, 07:13 AM   #42  
Kookie Creator

Default do I need all those In Colors from SU

I have mostly SU inks and really want to stick to that. I have not bought any of the In Colors for 2013-2015. I love the new In Colors for 2014-2016, but they are so close to previous colors, and not being a demonstrator, I doubt the wisdom of buying them, except I would get the new style pads, which I have very few of. I was disappointed in the last In Colors I bought, because some of them were basically the same color as other colors I had. Any thoughts on that. Do you keep buying the In Colors as they come out? Why?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2014, 10:23 AM   #43  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyestitchView Post
I have mostly SU inks and really want to stick to that. I have not bought any of the In Colors for 2013-2015. I love the new In Colors for 2014-2016, but they are so close to previous colors, and not being a demonstrator, I doubt the wisdom of buying them, except I would get the new style pads, which I have very few of. I was disappointed in the last In Colors I bought, because some of them were basically the same color as other colors I had. Any thoughts on that. Do you keep buying the In Colors as they come out? Why?
I, too have mostly SU colors except for some specific inks. I am not a demonstrator either, but bought all the colors including the In Colors until they changed the Core Colors and went to the new pads. It seemed like a ploy to get people to buy more stuff. I am content with the colors I have and, like you, think many of the new In Colors from the past few years are so similar that I can get by with what I have. When I run out of my stocked up retired card stock, then I will give away any remaining markers, ink pads and reinkers for those colors and just make do with what I have. I just moved to a smaller home that required much downsizing and found purging throughout the house was quite liberating. I have only missed a few things, but I don't think it was on purpose, but rather, not unpacking carefully enough. So, to answer your question, no, I do not keep buying the In Colors no matter how beautiful they seem to be. My finite space will keep me honest in that department!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2014, 01:12 PM   #44  
Kookie Creator

Jeanne, thank you for your honest answer. I too have TONS of cardstock that I stocked up on when colors disappeared. Thank you for helping me pass on new colors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2014, 01:49 PM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

You are welcome. I wish someone had told me, when I first started buying, that I didn't need every color of every ink from every company. Those have all gone to numerous newbies that I have met over the years. By making others happy, I have also made myself happy. Sometimes, "less IS more."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2014, 04:18 PM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanne3579View Post
I, too have mostly SU colors except for some specific inks. I am not a demonstrator either, but bought all the colors including the In Colors until they changed the Core Colors and went to the new pads. It seemed like a ploy to get people to buy more stuff. I am content with the colors I have and, like you, think many of the new In Colors from the past few years are so similar that I can get by with what I have. When I run out of my stocked up retired card stock, then I will give away any remaining markers, ink pads and reinkers for those colors and just make do with what I have. I just moved to a smaller home that required much downsizing and found purging throughout the house was quite liberating. I have only missed a few things, but I don't think it was on purpose, but rather, not unpacking carefully enough. So, to answer your question, no, I do not keep buying the In Colors no matter how beautiful they seem to be. My finite space will keep me honest in that department!
You may want to consider some direct to paper techniques with inkpads/reinkers and a bit of white cardstock before giving away so you can keep enjoying the colors you have until they run out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2014, 07:20 PM   #47  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
You may want to consider some direct to paper techniques with inkpads/reinkers and a bit of white cardstock before giving away so you can keep enjoying the colors you have until they run out.
Good thought, thanks. However, I bought so much extra when colors were retiring, that I will most likely die before I run out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2014, 07:51 AM   #48  
Embossing Fanatic

Sad, but I blew some birthday money a few years ago on many different colors of ink pad and now they are all sitting. I mostly use the black and some of the chalk ink for inking edges. What a waste for me!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2014, 01:20 PM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaileysMamaView Post
Sad, but I blew some birthday money a few years ago on many different colors of ink pad and now they are all sitting. I mostly use the black and some of the chalk ink for inking edges. What a waste for me!

When I feel like that I just challenge myself to use something. Lots of different techniques or even a set of cards all similar but in different colors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2014, 04:21 AM   #50  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love color!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2014, 03:36 AM   #51  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by BathBelleView Post
I'll hold my hand up here with a bold statement - I don't like stamping, there, I've said it. Every time I decide to use a rubber or clear stamp (why DO SU call rubber stamps 'clear' when they are obviously not? When I say clear I mean clear) it goes wrong. Either the ink's not the right colour, the ink smudges or doesn't come out evenly or the stamp is just not the right size for what I want or I don't have the sentiment in a size or font I want.

I find it so much easier to 'stamp' digitally so I can choose any colour I want and any size or font I want and there are so many images to choose from at the touch of a button and so much cheaper than physical stamps I've never ventured into inking backgrounds etc, have never felt the need. Maybe one day I will.

For now I only ever use a black ink pad and have been considering getting rid of all my stamps as they cause me grief and take up storage.

No offence to those of you who clearly love 'inking up' !

Ruth
I am so glad I'm not alone! I'm still struggling to stamp (I know it must be operator error. Almost eight years of it...) but I'm thinking of going digital.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2014, 08:07 AM   #52  
Kookie Creator

I am considering entering the digital realm, but the colors don't seem as vibrant.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2014, 11:04 PM   #53  
Stampin' Fool

Why so many stamp pads??? WHY NOT??? I agree with many of the other answers, COLOR!

Actually, this whole post has made me laugh, some terrific comments!!! And, years ago when I started stamping, you had to have all the separate pads for each use like Serenity_Stamper broke down in her post at the top of this page. I now find I also use my Distress/Dye Ink pads for watercoloring as well. However, like so many of you, I use them for making background papers, and edging or distressing.

Also with coloring, I find I don't always use black, like I used to. I now find I'll use a dark brown or a deep grey or green, maybe even dark plum or burgundy, depending on my image and my background papers. It's fun to play and create!
Reply With Quote Likes