Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-19-2008, 07:40 PM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clip it Storage system

Does anyone have this-would you recommend it? What all do you store on it? Does it take it up a lot of room?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2008, 08:27 PM   #2  
Embossing Fanatic

I have it. I purchased it at Wolf Camera for a really good price. But I have yet to put anything on it :( I have been so busy with the holidays I have not put it to use yet but it is much bigger than i thought it was. I have a corner set aside on my desk for it but I think it will clear up alot of clutter i have so yes it may be tall but i am sure it will be a much needed space saver.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2008, 10:21 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

I have one filled almost to capacity. I love it I keep it on a orange rolling cart and judt move it out when I need it... HERE a picture of it when not in use sorry it is from far away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2008, 11:52 PM   #4  
Compulsive Stamper

Great looking studio, Patti.

I really liked the clip-it-up but didn't want to pay the price, so I was considering using one of the make-it-yourself ideas others on SCS posted about. Then I happened into a second-hand shop and found an old revolving mercantile rack that was similar with the large bottom ring and the top ring. The owner actually had two of them. I took it home, made clips from large paperclips and small binder clips. From the first day I began using it, I have loved it (so much so that I went back and bought the second rack).

I like to have my supplies and tools organized, but I'm also a very visual person. I like having things where I can see them or I forget to use them. On one rack, I have quart freezer bags on the bottom. They contain all my scraps (organized by color, print, metallic, etc.). Also in bags I have things such as foil yogurt lids (embosses to look like pewter), premade embellishments and elements, stamped images waiting to be colored, left over die cuts, etc.; small pieces of cork, metal, fabric. The top rack has my ribbons that aren't on spools (on cardboard holders), fibers, etc. The second rack has all my cuttlebug embossing folders on the top rack. The bottom rack holds all my non-alphabet Quickutz and Bosscut dies, my non-alphabetic clear stamps, and brass stencils. This rack sits on a small wheeled file cabinet that also holds my most used die cut machine, so they are very convenient.

Since having these two racks, I use them every day. I actually use my scrap paper all the time because it is so convenient! My work space remains cleaner as well, because it is so easy to spin the rack and slide any scraps into the appropriate bags, and when I wind up with extra die cuts, they are immediately tucked away and later used, because they are right there, easily seen. Pat
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 02:41 AM   #5  
Embossing Fanatic

I use it to hold cards as I make them
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 02:51 AM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

Okay, I thought it was too big. I didn't want it. I avoided buying it for a long time. Well, I finally got one, organized it the day I got it, and WOW! Here is what I wrote and there are several pictures too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 06:27 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

I bought one and filled it up then bought another one (50% off). The first one holds my acrylic stamps an unmounted rubber stamps, rub-ons, embelllishments etc. The second one hold all of my cards; I have them organized by type so it makes it easy when I need a card for a particular event.

Saundra
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2008, 08:35 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

I would love to see a picture of the merchat stand thingies. I love using things like that but never seem to come across them...I tried to make one on my own and could not find a strong enough lamp frame. They just were all to flimsy for the weight!!

50% off I need another and would love to get it at 50 % off for my cheapo self!!

Alos ladies if Patter likes it you know it rocks!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2008, 09:26 AM   #9  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stigmom6View Post
I tried to make one on my own and could not find a strong enough lamp frame. They just were all to flimsy for the weight!!

Alos ladies if Patter likes it you know it rocks!!
Yes, that is what I thought--if I made one, it definitely would not be sturdy enough. And your comment is too sweet. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2008, 09:58 PM   #10  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Homemade (sort of) clip it up

If I manage to successfully attach these photos, I apologize in advance for the bluriness. I have tremors as a result of a mitochondrial disorder, so photographing is challenging. (This is why there are no photos of cards in the gallery. The two racks are repurposed merchantile display racks. The third photo is wire milk basket I purchased at the same time and set on its side to provide elevated storage for my scissors, pliers, hole punches, etc. Underneath are painting mediums, gels, goo-gone, etc.

I would still like a real clip-it-up someday. I'm sure they are much sturdier than mine. For now, these will have to do.

Now I need to go to bed hoping that the remainder of the big tree which is lying in huge sections in the back yard doesn't come down on the house. I guess its a good thing I make my presents, because I sure am not going to be getting out anytime soon. Pat
Attached Thumbnails
Clip it Storage system-homemade-clipitup-1a.jpg   Clip it Storage system-homemade-clipitup-2.jpg   Clip it Storage system-tool-rack.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2008, 10:44 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Pat what if I pay you $65 for your two racks then you are more than half way to buying your clip it up? I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE them. What are their dimensions? Simply renee is having a special through Christmas $89 for upper and lower tier plus a cover...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2008, 02:48 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have 2 of them. It is a lot of money for some plastic, metal rings and a couple of bolts and some clips. However, it works as promised!

The only thing I don't like about it is that when it is on the floor, you have to bend down to see what is on the bottom rung.

So I keep mine on a table. I'm rethinking how I am using them and since I had to dismantle my craft room for the holidays (sob) I am going to put mine to better use when I put them together again. I sort of had stuff randomly up there, I will use the separators and labels that come with it and then it should be even easier to find my stuff!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2008, 07:32 AM   #13  
Kookie Creator

My problem is I have very little counter space but a ton of wall space AND i have more stickers/rubons than any human being could possible need so I needed something cheaper than the clip it up clips (I would need at least 2 full units and those clips add up!)

I made my own version of it using Ikea curtain rods.

It's not elegant but for about $4 I have all my stuff hung up in a closet I wasn't really using.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2008, 08:59 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

I have the bygel system for my main workspace, but I never thought to use the bars that way! Genious!! I have been looking for a better way to store my ribbon scraps... I am totally going to get a couple more bars and some binder clips!! Woo Hoo!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2008, 09:19 PM   #15  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks, Patti, but for now I think I will keep my racks. They actually fit better in my garret studio/bedroom. I have a funky blend of antiques, collectibles and modern. My stamp pads are kept in an old wooden display case that was used for selling Putnam dyes, my rolls of ribbon are on two rods threaded through ornate cast iron shelf brackets, my chairs are from the courthouse in Philadelphia (painted multiple colors and cushioned), a marble topped dresser doubles as a cutting counter (with a mat), and my rolls of imported papers are kept in crocks and an old wooden shipping box, oh, and there's another small chest which was a spool cabinet. My main work surface is a big, heavy sheet of glass that used to be my friend's coffee table. Fortunately, she decided not to move it back to New Zealand when she left. It's wonderful to work on. Besides, I gather that the real clip-it-up is quite tall. Mine are about two feet high, which means I can reach everything on both racks of both units from my chair, a real plus.

I love my workspace more every day, but it never looks as neat and clean as yours does, even though I try to put away things every night. I'm a packrat (or maybe a reincarnated magpie--I fished a really nice piece of gold candy wrapper out of the trash this morning, wiped it off with a damp cloth, and ran it through the xyron).

To Mara--I love your storage system! Everyone on SCS is so ingenious!.

Pat
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2008, 08:30 AM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

Pat, can i move in? It sounds beautiful!! I never find stuff like that around here!! I have to clean and put everything away after each card or project. I am a bit OCD when it comes to my studio. I also must perge every 6 months. If I haven't used it into the goodwill or garage sale bin!

Last edited by stigmom6; 12-24-2008 at 08:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes