Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   What's a good deal on a slightly used Cricut machine? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/whats-good-deal-slightly-used-cricut-machine-435865/)

bnlnkids 05-05-2009 02:53 PM

What's a good deal on a slightly used Cricut machine?

A friend of a friend is interested in buying a Cricut machine (the original) and I'm looking to sell my baby bug in order to upgrade to the Expression (or the Create)... what you all think a fair deal would be? It's only a year old (I got it for my bday a year ago March), and only been used occasioanlly in that time, but with lots of TLC. :) In fact, it still has the original blade in it and is only now starting to show signs of needing to be replaced. I'd include two brand new blades of course, a brand new mat, all instruction booklets, and the original box it came in as well.

I know it sounds weird to say that I want to sell my occasionally-used Cricut for an Expression/Create, but to be honest, I had no idea about all the other features available on the Expression at the time I purchased my Cricut... features that I would really like to have available to me, even if only "occasioanlly", KWIM? ;)

So? How much? I appreciate any and all replies, thanks! :)

luvallthisstampin 05-05-2009 03:01 PM

I think $40-45 is fair unless you are giving her cartridge, so maybe more. My reason is that I got a new original cricut with the George cartridge on ebay for $100 and free shipping.

3 Little Love Bugs 05-05-2009 06:53 PM

Hi Lisa! I guess it depends on how "nice" of a friend you want to be! LOL! Only kidding. :-D

I'd say a fair price would be between $65-$75, especially because it has been well cared for. I have seen others sell theirs with extra accessories (which you are including) for @ the same amount and thought they were reasonable prices. Also, your friend won't have to pay to have it shipped so it would not add to her costs.

Obviously you can find deals (I found one on my Expression), but they aren't always easy to find. Luvallthisstampin found a great deal (woohoo!), but there were a lot that ended in the $120 range and higher (for the baby bug and George cart). The range was pretty broad...between $80-$160.

Sorry so lengthy, but do what you feel is fair to the both of you. I'm sure you'll find something you will both be happy with. :-D

bnlnkids 05-05-2009 08:54 PM

Shelly - heehee! :mrgreen: I hear ya, girl... ;) Thanks to both of you for taking the time to respond.

I don't know yet if I'm going to offer any additional accessories with the machine - other than what it came with (mentioned in my OP). However, if I end up getting the machine I'm bidding on right now, I will be able to throw in the Plantin cart that comes with it (since I already have one) to sweeten the deal. I just wanted to make sure I was offering her somehting fair, ya know? I tried looking on *bay to see what they were going for, but there aren't too many and they all seem to be going for different prices... weird. Anyhoo, like I said... thanks for the feedback.

And Shelly, I'll be sure to let you know if/when I get my machine! You could do that finger-crossing thing for me again, too, if ya want. LOL ;)

bnlnkids 05-05-2009 09:20 PM

Oh, and Shelly, PS - if I don't win this one (could be 7AM before I know if I've actually won), PM me where you got your deal. ;)

3 Little Love Bugs 05-06-2009 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnlnkids (Post 13978335)
Shelly - heehee! :mrgreen: I hear ya, girl... ;) Thanks to both of you for taking the time to respond.

I don't know yet if I'm going to offer any additional accessories with the machine - other than what it came with (mentioned in my OP). However, if I end up getting the machine I'm bidding on right now, I will be able to throw in the Plantin cart that comes with it (since I already have one) to sweeten the deal. I just wanted to make sure I was offering her somehting fair, ya know? I tried looking on *bay to see what they were going for, but there aren't too many and they all seem to be going for different prices... weird. Anyhoo, like I said... thanks for the feedback.

And Shelly, I'll be sure to let you know if/when I get my machine! You could do that finger-crossing thing for me again, too, if ya want. LOL ;)

I'm a crossin' for you! :mrgreen: I'm sending a pm....hope you win your machine!

bnlnkids 05-06-2009 06:59 AM

OK, I need to start letting you know when I play the lotto so I can have you cross for me then, too.

:mrgreen:

You guessed it! WHEEEEE! I am SOOO excited! Sent you a PM. THANKS, girl! ;)

kimz1959 05-06-2009 07:05 AM

I paid $100 for mine in the same condition from a nice lady on craigslist. It came with no cartridge...FWIW