Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-12-2008, 09:50 PM   #81  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kris2056Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Some great ideas on here!

I used those wire cubes to make my own 12x12 paper storage. I just put together two cubes and attached them and then used zip ties to put additional shelves. Works great.
Could you post a pic of your paper storage? I've heard of many people storing their paper this way, but the "additional shelves" using zip ties ( I have a huge jar of these!) just won't fit in my tired, tiny little mind tonight. (I have to see it to get it!)

TIA!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2008, 12:21 AM   #82  
Glitter Queen

Default Organization idea pictures

Wow there are some neat organization ideas here. Once in a while I come across a picture in someone's gallery of their stamp / scrap rooms or demonstrator workshop areas.

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone put pics of their rooms in one place in the gallery? ...... or has this been done already and I just can't find it....

I am a very visual person and would love to see more ideas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2008, 06:55 AM   #83  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampergumbyForums at Splitcoaststampers
Could you post a pic of your paper storage? I've heard of many people storing their paper this way, but the "additional shelves" using zip ties ( I have a huge jar of these!) just won't fit in my tired, tiny little mind tonight. (I have to see it to get it!)

TIA!
Here's a link to a guide on ebay - with instructions and photos:
Paper Shelves

Quote:

Wow there are some neat organization ideas here. Once in a while I come across a picture in someone's gallery of their stamp / scrap rooms or demonstrator workshop areas.

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone put pics of their rooms in one place in the gallery? ...... or has this been done already and I just can't find it....

I am a very visual person and would love to see more ideas.
They're in the special collections - here's a link:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2008, 07:23 AM   #84  
Matboard Maniac

I got lucky on storage items. I spent a fair amount of time waiting to find just the right items and here is what I found. First item I found at surplus store for $10-it really is for mail sorting. This is my first post trying to attach picture, if it works I will then attach pic of my 12X12 storage which I love.
Attached Thumbnails
What non-stamp related items have bought to organize with?-sm811.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2008, 07:29 AM   #85  
Matboard Maniac

Ok-still don't know how to put pic in reply so you don't have to click attachment but oh well. I store my 12X12 paper in this great unit. Believe it or not I got it by shopping at Target-well kind of not really. I was there, had to buy a bunch of those mailboxes-checked out and was talking to cashier-who just happens to be SU demo and happens to belong here (Erin) and she told me she had this cabinet for sale and that her husband was going to make her a new one . I am thrilled with this one-bottom of cabinet is same-holds a bunch of paper and looks nice too. She will have to post pic of one her husband then made her-he made this one too. I have fought with so many ways to store paper and this is really the best! Thanks to Erin!

On the side i hung dowel rods and bars and have ribbon and punches.
Attached Thumbnails
What non-stamp related items have bought to organize with?-sm1212last.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2008, 07:41 AM   #86  
Pearl-ExPert

My favorite "pretty" storage that I've done in my craft room was to buy square, glass cracker jars from Target and organize all my Prima flowers by color. I have 1 jar for each color on a shelf now and they're so pretty to look at! It's much easier to use my Primas now -- 12 jars instead of the dozens and dozens I use to have. I did the same thing for my buttons -- just used smaller jars.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2008, 02:08 PM   #87  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks for the idea about the wire cubes. I had a few of the metal pieces laying around but I didn't have any corner connectors for them. I ended up putting the whole thing together with cable ties. Worked out great. And I found at Target 3M Cord Organizers (the command stuff) so I can hang the cube up without wrecking my wall! I LOVE organizing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2008, 06:11 PM   #88  
Insane Embellisher

For those of you who unmount your stamps and store them in an old CD holder, if you also store your large ink pads there too you can use the insterts from the CD cases to make shelves for the pads. I just thought of it today and wish that I hadn't used so many of the insterts as palettes for paints and glues!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 12:31 PM   #89  
Insane Embellisher

neat -o I deas gals...
Here's mine..... I salvaged a kitchen spice rack and bought some new spice jars or you can use clean used glass ones to put in my small collection of glitter . You could put in any of your other collectables, like buttons, flowers and any other embellishments you have.:}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 12:43 PM   #90  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh Polly, you poor thing! Perk a coupl-a pots of coffee because that is what it will take to get through the Stampin Spaces gallery!

In the gallery menu, go all of the way to the bottom to Special Collections, when you get to that listing, almost all of the way at the bottom is Stampin Spaces- will take you hours to see it all! If you want to, you can then search that 'forum' for ribbon, for instance... hold tight! it's amazing!

It's my favorite gallery, and I go every day to see if there's anything new!

If you left click on anyone's name on the left side of their post- try mine!- you will get a drop down for their gallery- and you can go see if they have pictures of their space. Try me! I have about 4 or 5 pictures of my tiny space!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 01:55 PM   #91  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampergumbyForums at Splitcoaststampers

TIA!
Sorry it took me long. Here is a pic of my paper storage.
Attached Thumbnails
What non-stamp related items have bought to organize with?-006.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 03:51 PM   #92  
Glitter Guru

I'd love to share mine!
  • I use round medicine organizers stacked on a paper tower holder to store my small embellishments, which you can see here.
  • I pushed all my brads in a cork board and styro so I can see them all in one reach, which you can see here.
  • I bought a rotating shop fixture from ReStore, and that's where I put my stamps, ink pads, tools and a lot more. Check it out here.
  • I pushed my alpha stamps into a styro to keep them all together. You can see them here.
  • I store my scissors and other big tools in a hanging shoe organizer, which you can see here.
  • I organize my scrap paper, stickers and other stuff in a metal file cabinet, which you can see here.
  • I put my flowers, according to color, in glass jars I bought from the Dollar Store. No photo yet.
  • I wound my ribbons in clothespins and also put them in glass jars I bought from the Dollar Store. Sorry, no picture yet.
  • I have metal pegboards with hooks, so I can hang recently purchased products, see them and use them. And since it's metal, I can put layouts or cards there using magnets.

I just love to organize things, so that when I need a certain tool or supplies, I know where to get them

Last edited by SKICIO; 02-23-2008 at 03:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 05:16 PM   #93  
Polyshrink Goddess

I know this sounds odd, but check the CD/DVD storage area of your preferred department store for great storage solutions. I bought a fixture that is designed to hold something like 750 CDs and it is perfect for shallower items like punches, colored pencils and turpenoid in a basket, primas, buttons, etc. It also takes up very little floor space because it is such a shallow fixture (7" or something to that effect). It has worked out amazingly well and it was relatively inexpensive too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 08:28 PM   #94  
Glitter Queen

CreativeCritter - I like your idea about the 750 CD holder. Do you have a picture so I can get a better idea of what the unit looks like? Thx!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 09:19 PM   #95  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Pampered Chef Tools in the CraftRoom

Here's a list I put together of Pampered Chef non-stamping tools used in the craftroom
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pampered Chef Tools in the CraftRoom.pdf (181.4 KB, 125 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 09:33 PM   #96  
Matboard Maniac

I was at Costco this week and picked up a bulk supply of the clear fresh mint TicTacs. They come in a plastic tray which will hold them all together. They are awesome for brads & eyelets. I can easily tell whats inside and I just flip open the top and shake out what I need. Plus I have a low calorie treat for about the next six months. lol

My evolving gallery
My New Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 12:13 AM   #97  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by kris2056Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Some great ideas on here!

I used those wire cubes to make my own 12x12 paper storage. I just put together two cubes and attached them and then used zip ties to put additional shelves. Works great.
That's a great idea. I have a ton of those that I was going to sell. Now I have to pull them out of the attic and put them together (something I have great difficulty doing). I'm totally wire cube challenged! I always make DH do it but he's in Iraq for another 8 months and there's no way I can wait that long!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 03:39 AM   #98  
Insane Embellisher

I use a kitchen drawer utensil tray (like a silverwear organizer but with bigger sections) to organize my ink pads and various other supplies on my craft table. I blogged about it, with a photo, a while back:
http://amy-tinyblessings.blogspot.co...anization
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 05:39 AM   #99  
Gallery Gazer

Default Hey I have all those tools

Quote:

Originally Posted by javaForums at Splitcoaststampers
Here's a list I put together of Pampered Chef non-stamping tools used in the craftroom
And I use some for stamping too.......thanks for the additional great ideas!
Matthew 6:34 So dont worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Todays trouble is enough for today."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 03:11 PM   #100  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmstampediaForums at Splitcoaststampers
neat -o I deas gals...
Here's mine..... I salvaged a kitchen spice rack and bought some new spice jars or you can use clean used glass ones to put in my small collection of glitter . You could put in any of your other collectables, like buttons, flowers and any other embellishments you have.:}
I wanted to point out that glass is SO much better for storing items that create static...you will notice a huge difference between these and plastic containers. Glitter, embossing powder, teeny beads, etc. will be less likely to dance away or stick to your eyelashes...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 07:05 AM   #101  
Matboard Maniac

I think I saw this idea on this blog Crafty Storage.
I made (cased) my own clip it up... sort of. All I ahd to purchase was the paper towel holder:

Of course mine looks no where near as tidy but so far I am very happy. I don't have allot of desk space, but if I don't see it I don't use it, so this is my compromise.

I've also glued magnets on my dew drops and small twinkling h2o's and those are on the metal bulletain (sp) board from IKEA.
Attached Thumbnails
What non-stamp related items have bought to organize with?-copytowelholderorganizer.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 07:29 AM   #102  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by papercraftingForums at Splitcoaststampers
I think I saw this idea on this blog Crafty Storage.
I made (cased) my own clip it up... sort of. All I ahd to purchase was the paper towel holder:

Of course mine looks no where near as tidy but so far I am very happy. I don't have allot of desk space, but if I don't see it I don't use it, so this is my compromise.

I've also glued magnets on my dew drops and small twinkling h2o's and those are on the metal bulletain (sp) board from IKEA.
The photo you shared is a really cool idea! I think I might have to copy this
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 08:07 AM   #103  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKICIOForums at Splitcoaststampers
The photo you shared is a really cool idea! I think I might have to copy this
Oh yes...
it came together very easy. There are other examples of teh clip it up, but I am such a procratinator I would never get it all done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2008, 07:11 PM   #104  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfaddenForums at Splitcoaststampers
Honey, I need something to store all these brads and eyelets in? He goes downstairs and brings up a plastic box w/dividers, a Plano tackle box from Wal Mart that sells for like .97. Cool! Then I was wandering around Lowe's about a year ago and came home with a carrying case (red & black, go Dawgs!) that holds like 5 Plano boxes. Thought I would LOL when I saw the same thing by Plano in designer colors for a lot more money at Archivers.

Honey I need to put all this in EP in something, up comes a bag of clear film cannisters, perfect size!
LOL I need your Honey... someone needs to come help me get organized... sheesh. I think thats why I dont get much stamping done

Hugs
Jaunice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2008, 08:58 PM   #105  
Cardstock Collector

I have several clear plastic shoe boxes that I use to sort and hold embellishments - I like how they stack and you can easily see what type of items are inside. They fit nicely into those folding, rolling crates to take to crops too. I can fit about 30+ spools of ribbon in one box.

I keep my small embellishments in some bead containers by Craftmate. They are similar to pill organizers in that each small bin opens individually when you press in a safety latch to release it. Prevents accidental mass spillage and you can easily see what you have.

My favorite right now is my accordian file I use to hold small paper scraps. It's the first system that has worked well for me. It's a heavy plastic accordian folder that has a latch to hold the top closed, and a carry handle. I'm lucky to have an almost endless supply of 9 x 12 plastic envelopes from DH's insurance business (policies come delivered in them). I use the plastic envelopes to sort by color, and within each color I sort by solids and patterns, further sorting each by small (usually smaller than a 4x6 matt size) and large (anything that would work to fill a larger background area). Those envelopes drop into the accordian file that is labeled by color group, with a few extra slots for holiday papers. I've always had trouble in the past constantly sorting through stacks of envelopes to find the color group of paper scraps I want to use. Now, with the envelopes and accordian file I can quickly find the colors I want, and since it's easy to put scraps back I find my area stays much neater and organized.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2008, 09:38 PM   #106  
Glitter Queen

Default Still organizing

Does the search for the perfect organizer ever end? Not for me, that's for sure!

I have a bunch of the Sterilite plastic drawers in various sizes. The shallow drawers are great for stamps, tapes, and other things I want to keep in one layer.

My most recent mission was for some kind of rack or shelf I could mount on the wall to keep all of my embossing powders in sight. I found a great set of two wooden utensil holders in Linens and Things - just put picture frame cleats on the back and hung them one above the other on the wall over my craft table. The cutlery sections are just the right height for the embossing powder bottles, and larger bottles, small punches and other tools fit easily on top. They were on sale when I bought them - under $10, I believe.

Maybe now I will remember what colors I have, and not buy yet another bottle of PearlLuster Garnet . . . I think I have three!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2008, 06:06 PM   #107  
Matboard Maniac

Default Brads & Eyelets

When I go to the Drug store or any Discount Store I pick up the 7-Day Pill Organizer it is fantastic for brads & Eyelets.

See what you think!
Toddles
Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2008, 05:50 AM   #108  
Crimping Master

and when you outgrow the 7 day pill organizer you can graduate to the fishing tackle box with the removable containers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2008, 05:53 AM   #109  
Embossing Fanatic

Location: New Jersey....but born and raised in TEXAS originally.

Quote: Does anyone still sell cassette tape holders? So they fit all ink pads?

you can find them on ebay, just type in wooden audio cassette holders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2008, 06:27 AM   #110  
Kookie Creator

subscribing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2008, 07:45 AM   #111  
Kookie Creator

Love all the tips... jotting them all down... lol will probably have to go to walmart and make a shopping trip.

Thanks
Jaunice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2008, 07:59 AM   #112  
Insane Embellisher

my whole craft room seems to be from ikea. how did that happen?

1) my ink pads are in DVD holders, which cannot be found anymore. they hang on the wall next to my desk.
2) Bygel rods and baskets from Ikea. they are in the kitchen section, and are meant to be used for utensils and towels, i think. LOVE THEM LOVE THEM! fabulous. i keep my punches and tools on one, and my scissors and small punches in the basket.
3) lazy susan from Ikea. it was like, $5. i have my pens and pencils and stuff on it. it's so easy to have it there like that.
4) i have a printer holder. it's a tabletop thing, with two levels. it was originally in the office, but i stole it and have it on my desk (they haven't noticed yet, haha). i have scratch paper in the little shelf and i keep my paper holders on top.
my etsy shop ;; my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2008, 08:14 AM   #113  
Kookie Creator

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashleyprughForums at Splitcoaststampers
my whole craft room seems to be from ikea. how did that happen?

1) my ink pads are in DVD holders, which cannot be found anymore. they hang on the wall next to my desk.
2) Bygel rods and baskets from Ikea. they are in the kitchen section, and are meant to be used for utensils and towels, i think. LOVE THEM LOVE THEM! fabulous. i keep my punches and tools on one, and my scissors and small punches in the basket.
3) lazy susan from Ikea. it was like, $5. i have my pens and pencils and stuff on it. it's so easy to have it there like that.
4) i have a printer holder. it's a tabletop thing, with two levels. it was originally in the office, but i stole it and have it on my desk (they haven't noticed yet, haha). i have scratch paper in the little shelf and i keep my paper holders on top.
Would love to see pics... I need all the organization ideas I can get my little hands on.

Hugs
Jaunice
Reply With Quote Likes