Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   What have you people done to me!?!?!? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/what-have-you-people-done-me-176679/)

Faereygirl 08-22-2006 07:04 AM

What have you people done to me!?!?!?

Alright....so I am not an avid scrapbooker or anything like that...yet.

I love stamping...and coloring....and gluing stuff and all that goodness.

Why oh why oh why am I looking at die cut machines?! Ahhhh! ;) ;) ;)

So girls....I'm thinking the Big Shot that TAC sells...mainly for my demoing purposes, anyone have this? Does it rock your world? What else does anyone suggest?

luv my dolly 08-22-2006 07:19 AM

I got Big Shot Beginner's Kit at Target.com for $115 which included the shipping (about $25 less than TAC sells it for). I thought it was pretty cool until I used the Cricut that my friend just got. I just might be listing a Big Shot on the BST boards!!LOL

jana_angel_1251 08-22-2006 07:27 AM

The Big Shot was on my wish list before TAC picked it up. I saw it at a RS & Scrapping convention the week before Seminar and I knew I HAD to have it. It's on my wish list right now and I am hoping that my family will get it for me for Christmas (1/2 price TAC item for sure) because my budget isn't allowing it right now...then again I am putting in extra hours right now at another job and that might just be my 'spoil me now' gift for working on the weekends! LOL! Talk about justification!

MSBetsyZ 08-22-2006 07:36 AM

You're right...we are a pathetic bunch, lol! I'll tell you, though...I think that the Big Shot and the Cricut are BOTH wonderful. The Big Shot does bigger dies, and cuts through more than just cardstock. The Cricut can do so many more types of things, like shadow effects, script words and phrases, etc. I would be thrilled to have both.

And by the way, if you are a Costco member, they have the Big Shot Starter Set for $54. Not sure how it compares with what's in the Target one, but it might be worth looking into. (Yes, this is what's called "enabling!")

luv my dolly 08-22-2006 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZ
You're right...we are a pathetic bunch, lol! I'll tell you, though...I think that the Big Shot and the Cricut are BOTH wonderful. The Big Shot does bigger dies, and cuts through more than just cardstock. The Cricut can do so many more types of things, like shadow effects, script words and phrases, etc. I would be thrilled to have both.

And by the way, if you are a Costco member, they have the Big Shot Starter Set for $54. Not sure how it compares with what's in the Target one, but it might be worth looking into. (Yes, this is what's called "enabling!")

Hi Betsy,

I checked this out and it is the exact same thing that I got at Target for $99.99 and it looks to be the exact same thing that is in the TAC catty for $129.95.

Man I should have checked here before I bought mine!!! I could have bought alot of stamps for the $75 I would have saved.

Faereygirl 08-22-2006 07:53 AM

Crap....Betsy....my friend is a Costco member...I'll just send her over to get it *grumble.* ;)

olivia'smom 08-22-2006 08:13 AM

Oh so many of my recent purchases have been because of things seen here at SCS. It's funny because my demo doesn't love that I am here so much but yet this is what helps her to get sales from me. I fortunately haven't begun looking into the heavy duty machines yet.

PolarBear 08-22-2006 08:16 AM

From what I saw, the bigshot is only available online from Costco. Look online first before you send her to the store.

Jay Dub 08-22-2006 08:55 AM

I know what you mean! I am thinking of buying the Big Shot as one of my 1/2 price items from my open house last weekend. I have been eyeing the Cricut too but it's almost $300 so I figure I'm "saving" money by getting the Big Shot (funny how our minds work, huh?). Also, since I can demo it, it makes more sense right now.

I had read a thread awhile back about Costco carrying it but it is only online. I don't remember the exact numbers but I figured out that with shipping and tax it came to with a couple of dollars of getting it from TAC at 1/2 price.

-Joyce (your TAC "sister")

jana_angel_1251 08-22-2006 08:58 AM

The RSS in the next town over carries it for $94 regular price and I was going to get it up there but then when TAC picked it up I figured getting it as a half price item for $69 with shipping and tax would be a bit better. Plus then I can buy another $25 in stamps and accessories since I'll be saving money - right? (please say yes! LOL!).

I'd love to get it at Costco but, alas, I am not a member. We don't even have them up in this part of Wisconsin - only a Sam's Club 45 minutes south of me....*sigh*....

jeanstamping2 08-22-2006 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faereygirl
Alright....so I am not an avid scrapbooker or anything like that...yet.

I love stamping...and coloring....and gluing stuff and all that goodness.

Why oh why oh why am I looking at die cut machines?! Ahhhh! ;) ;) ;)

So girls....I'm thinking the Big Shot that TAC sells...mainly for my demoing purposes, anyone have this? Does it rock your world? What else does anyone suggest?

WE did nothing to you! .......lol

It's the Stamping and Scrapping Addiction!!!!
Once you have it.....It's very hard to get rid of it.
Kinda like breaking other habits.

I have also looked at Die cut machines too......But haven't broken down yet to purchase them.

jeanstamping2 08-22-2006 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv my dolly
Hi Betsy,

I checked this out and it is the exact same thing that I got at Target for $99.99 and it looks to be the exact same thing that is in the TAC catty for $129.95.

Man I should have checked here before I bought mine!!! I could have bought alot of stamps for the $75 I would have saved.

Hey did the one at Target come with a starter kit as well?

Stamp Maniac II 08-22-2006 10:24 AM

ROTFL! Enablers at work! Watch out!

ellepaul 08-22-2006 10:29 AM

You can get it at Joanns.com. I think it is on sale right now...

http://www.joann.com/catalog.jhtml?C...&PRODID=145796

ellepaul 08-22-2006 10:30 AM

BTW - I love mine!!!

Aimee30 08-22-2006 10:33 AM

All because of SCS I have to get my first xryon... saving my coupon from micheals for it this week

allamericanstampers 08-22-2006 10:43 AM

I got mine from TAC as a half priced hostess item so it was worth it! :grin: I like being able to crank the dies through the machine ... its a lot easier to work than the old Sizzix and it's also a snitch lighter. The neat thing is that they are always coming up with great new dies and if you subscribe to Sizzix.com they will send you sale notices. Always spending $$ to save $$...right?! :wink:

I haven't seen it at our local Costco so it could well be an online item.

luv my dolly 08-22-2006 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2
Hey did the one at Target come with a starter kit as well?

Yes, it is the same as the one at Costco online and the one in the TAC catty.

sbarnet 08-22-2006 01:27 PM

If you are not a costco member they just charge you 5% more to shop online. You can order from the website.
steph

jana_angel_1251 08-22-2006 01:32 PM

Oh thanks Steph! You had to tell me that didn't you? :-p

<sneaking off to check it out!>

sbarnet 08-22-2006 02:05 PM

I have been accused of enabling before! It is actually my favorite pasttime! I think it even has extra stuff from what you guys were saying. Go, Jana, Go!(ha, ha, ha)
steph