Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   What do U hardly use that surprises you? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/what-do-u-hardly-use-surprises-you-348980/)

colmom24 05-18-2008 02:05 PM

What do U hardly use that surprises you?

What item were you super stoked to acquire, yet now hardly ever even look at or think about, much less actually USE?!

For me I think it might be my SU tearing tool. I think I just do it by hand rather than dig that out more often than not. I probed my brain for an idea to use my crimper this afternoon and that's what made me think of this topic for a thread...

I do have a couple of new things that I just haven't played with yet (ie: Stamp a ma jig), but I'm certain I'll turn to them often!

scrappinspadiva 05-18-2008 02:19 PM

I'd have to say my cropadile. I used to *love* eyelets and now I never remember to use them.

CJ64 05-18-2008 03:10 PM

For me, it has got to be the AquaPainter. I can't seem to color effectively with it - it's like the brush is too big or something and I can't control it. Reach for the blender pens instead. Any tips from anyone?

graciez 05-18-2008 03:46 PM

I've had a cricut almost a year and it hasn't been out of the box....I can't see a need for it..

kiddielitter 05-18-2008 03:59 PM

Perfect layers - it slides around on me, and the knife and mat with it get caught up on each other.

QueenOfInkland 05-18-2008 04:36 PM

For me it's the Fastenator. I've used it once and I don't like the big gap in the 'staples'. I bought all kinds of the decorated and word staples for it, too, thinking I'd really like it :(

flipfloplady 05-18-2008 05:07 PM

It would have to be the Cricut. :confused:
Thought I would use it but reach for the Cuttlebug instead.

jpardoe 05-18-2008 05:14 PM

Mine is definitely my light box! Too many other toys on the table that are easier to get to. Now that I remember I even have it maybe I'll pull it out again.....:rolleyes:

Marshaspeck50 05-18-2008 05:20 PM

I haven't used the light box in ages. I just had to have a crop-a-dile and it is not as easy to use as an anywhere punch and hammer.

vanislandwoman 05-18-2008 05:24 PM

Crop-a-dile for me. I thought I would use it, but it's only been out three or four times.

StampingShawn 05-18-2008 05:29 PM

I second hardly ever using the Cropadile, although my demo just taught me how to use it properly so maybe I will use it more often.

Lorri.V. 05-18-2008 05:30 PM

I am thinking of getting the long reach crop-a-dile because I cannot set the large eyelets properly with my old hammer method. I gave my light box to a friend, don't know if she uses it at all. I bought the stamp-a-ma-jig with a coupon but have used only a few times. I sold off all my marvy punches to slowly pay for the nestabilities instead. I had yards and yards of fibre but finally sold that all off. Stickers are now my forgotten item, but I have gotten rid of most of those now as well. Maybe my biggest purchase mistakes are the stamp sets I think I will use and then don't. I am now trying to be very picky about the ones I buy lately.

Lorri

ashleyprugh 05-18-2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJ64 (Post 9864420)
For me, it has got to be the AquaPainter. I can't seem to color effectively with it - it's like the brush is too big or something and I can't control it. Reach for the blender pens instead. Any tips from anyone?

i agree! i love my blender pens. think they're awesome. i can't control my aqua painter.. i've tried.

winniethepoodle 05-18-2008 05:37 PM

My light box that I had to have just sits in a bag with all the stencils. Poor thing.

3girls1guy 05-18-2008 05:41 PM

The trick I have found with the aqua painter is now squeezing it while you paint. I squeeze it to change color that's it. I much prefer the aqua painters to blending pens...

amyz2988 05-18-2008 05:59 PM

I have a Xyron 510 that has never been out of the box! I'm just afraid to use it and waste adhesive if I use it improperly. Silly, I know! I should just pull it out and give it a go!

scrapamiga 05-18-2008 06:42 PM

Among many, many things -- my cropadile, Fiskars embossing, and I forgot about my Fastenator till QueenOfInkland mentioned it. Those are just three, but believe me there are lots more!

jennkb 05-18-2008 07:04 PM

Crimper - had to have it, never use it.

Glitterati 05-18-2008 08:17 PM

I haven't used my Cricut much. My DD (age 14) has used it a lot for school projects. Since I got it on sale for a great price and she has used it, I guess it wasn't a total waste. But I sure haven't used it like I thought I would.

airbornewife 05-18-2008 08:55 PM

All the Cuttlebug Embossing Folders that I have... had to have them and many haven't even been taken out of the packaging... so sad. I too have a Perfect Layers too.. got it and never took it out of the package either. I will say that I have a ScorPal and I use it all the time and for some reason it took me a good long while before I broke down and bought it.. big mistake, should've got one right away ~ it's awesome!

Pam

freewayloulou 05-18-2008 09:16 PM

I just got the Pazzles Inspiration and I have only used it one time to cut out the Six Flags logo. And I never use the Fastenator because I can't line up the staples perfectly in opposite corners and that drives me crazy. Hopefully, I will get inspired when I take a Pazzles class at the Arlington Convention next month.

kathat 05-18-2008 09:22 PM

Definitely my Stamp-a-ma-jig. It's never come out of the box.

asuncionshija 05-18-2008 11:49 PM

My biggest two are the Xyron Design Runner (that printer thing they came out with) and the xyron personal cutting system. Sheesh, what a waste! Plus I have the rarely used crop a dile, and the barely used light box.... The list could go on forever!
On the other hand, I can't BELIEVE so many of you girls haven't even cracked your Stamp A Majig open. I love that thing! I has a place of honor on my table... :D

graciez 05-19-2008 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiddielitter (Post 9864869)
Perfect layers - it slides around on me, and the knife and mat with it get caught up on each other.

me too....I can figure that tool out at all...and I've practiced, too!

Clownmom 05-19-2008 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennkb (Post 9867264)
Crimper - had to have it, never use it.

Me, too. When I first saw a crimper, I thought: what a great tool. I can't tell you the last time it was even out of the drawer!

scrappykat 05-19-2008 04:50 AM

Unfortunately, there are many: Bind It All, Cropadile, Martha Stewart border punches, Threading Water Border punch------I could go on and on... :(

Patrina+2 05-19-2008 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappinspadiva (Post 9863946)
I'd have to say my cropadile. I used to *love* eyelets and now I never remember to use them.

Right there with you. I'm even considering selling mune:(

carabecca 05-19-2008 05:45 AM

Definitely my Fiskars embossing plates. I can never get them to work right in the cuttlebug, and it just takes too much time to do it with a stylus.

horseygal 05-19-2008 05:48 AM

Basic Grey notch tool-pain in the neck to use
Fascenator-not sure why
Around the Block tape writer-waste of money, I'll stick to my Dymo

LOVE;
Stamp-a-ma-jig-Couldn't live without it!
X-ron, any size, Love it!!
Martha Stewart exacto knife-by far the best, and I have many!
Versafine ink pads-great images!

RIRed2 05-19-2008 08:19 AM

Cropadile, I use but not often, just had to have it, Fiskars embossing plates, the plates are a pain, and a big waste of money.

sprtchick 05-19-2008 08:44 AM

Cricut + 20 cartridges, beautiful tote and all the accessories.. :(
Stamp a Majig
Xyron 510 and 6 boxes of adhesive :(
Prisma color pencils
I am sure there are other things...but these are the things that immediately come to mind.

bubbasprincess 05-19-2008 08:52 AM

My Light Box, Crimper, and Stamp a Majig.

dal 05-19-2008 09:06 AM

The perfect layers tool (I always cut first then glue the image so this just does not work for me). I also got the little round layersing discs SU once sold they really don't work and I never pull out the SU wheel guide - I thought it would make me use the wheels more (wrong!). Also never use the aqua painters - tips seems too big and wet - always grab my blenders.

chickers089 05-19-2008 10:15 AM

Hmmmm... looking around my room I can honestly say I use everything EXCEPT my fiskars texture plates. I love the patterns, but can't get them work well even with my CB. I ALSO was hating my Bind it all, but have since downloaded the PDF directions and think I may like it!

Can someone tell me how you have things you've never opened???? I mean, I barely make it home before I rip into my goodies. They aren't in the house 1 minutes before I empty the bag and take them out of the boxes. I love my craft toys!

mm9772 05-19-2008 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJ64 (Post 9864420)

I much prefer the small size Aquapainter - the large brush tip is way too big. I also keep hardly any water in it and I almost never squeeze it - it's too hard to color when it's dripping water. If it is dripping, I'll usually blot it off repeatedly in a towel until it's a little drier. HTH a little!

As for things I never use - my Xyron. I'm just too cheap!

Gymnasticsmom 05-19-2008 11:51 AM

I found that using the brown embossing sheet I got for the Nestabilities works great with the Fiskars embossing plates. I almost like them now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by carabecca (Post 9869248)
Definitely my Fiskars embossing plates. I can never get them to work right in the cuttlebug, and it just takes too much time to do it with a stylus.

MrsStack79 05-19-2008 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickers089 (Post 9871688)
Can someone tell me how you have things you've never opened???? I mean, I barely make it home before I rip into my goodies. They aren't in the house 1 minutes before I empty the bag and take them out of the boxes. I love my craft toys!

Me Too!! My husband makes fun of me because if we go somewhere together I have things opened when we get in the car. I have a hard time waiting until I get home.

brightrachel1008 05-19-2008 12:21 PM

my brayer, i wanted that thing for so long, i used it once, just to play with it, that's it. i also have the fastenator and haven't used it. not so upset about that as i got it as a bonus when i bought my crop-a-dile.

ticketbelle 05-19-2008 12:25 PM

Wow - reading this has been enlightening... There are many things that have been listed that I've been thinking about that I may rethink. I have to say the least used is the crop-o-dile, at least for scrapbooking and card making. We use it for putting holes in belts and shoes and everything else imaginable so I guess we get our money worth!

pure-n-simple 05-19-2008 12:28 PM

I am pretty picky about what I buy and I labor over the decision for what seems like forever. That being said, I have 3 things that I just never use.

Crimper, Xyron 500 and my Silent Setter are the three things that I just never use. I pulled the crimper out of the garage sale box to make sour cream containers and am now debating if it is worth keeping. I use the Xyron once a year and with sticker paper, and glue I just wonder if it is worth the space it takes up.

My silent setter, I just cannot use. I love that it is noiseless (except for those I make when using it). I just have a hard time pushing and twisting. Got a cropadile and LOVE IT! I was going to put the setter in the Garage Sale and My hubby suggested I try and trade it....ANYBODY?

Anyway, that is my 10 bucks on the matter!