Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   What butterfly punches or dies are out there? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/what-butterfly-punches-dies-out-there-428188/)

ctychick 03-26-2009 03:09 AM

What butterfly punches or dies are out there?

Other than Martha Stewart, what other butterfly punches are out there that you like? I prefer a punch, but I have a QK and Big Shot so dies are also an option. Link me to a sample or store if possible!! Thanks!

Crafter 4 Life 03-26-2009 07:14 AM

There are lots of butterfly dies/punches out there. EK Sucess has several sizes, Martha Stewart has several sizes (single butterfly & 3 smaller butterflies), Spellbinders has some and Cuttlebug has a die & emboss set. I have a stamp by Stampendous that I sometime cut out to use.These are just ones I have but I am sure there are LOTS of others.

sprtchick 03-26-2009 09:17 AM

I have the butterfly nesties..they are very cool especially to layer...yummy. I also have the SU butterfly die..looks great but have not tried it yet. Also Sizzix has more than one butterfly die. I also have the Cuttlebug combo emboss and cut butterfly. It is okay just not my favorite...that is all I have to offer...Nesties is my favorite so far.
Blessings.

KraftyChic 03-26-2009 10:24 AM

You really need to try your SU butterflies. They are so pretty! I love the folded one! It is also great because you can cut so many at one time!

casslarson 03-26-2009 10:59 AM

I know Fiskars has a butterfly punch.

Is it EKSuccess that has the new style where you flip the handle up to use it?

And I've seen one that is a "filigree" butterfly punch too - but don't know who makes that one.

Makaren 03-26-2009 11:50 AM

Cuttlebug has a very pretty butterfly die with 3 or 4 embossing folders that go with it. It's larger than most punches but can be very pretty in a design. And the embossing folders give it a little pizazz, too.

Makaren

chattiekathie 03-26-2009 11:55 AM

Love my SU! Butterfly die!

jeannie barron 03-26-2009 04:24 PM

Love my SU! Butterfly die, too!

SKICIO 03-26-2009 06:24 PM

The Butterfly Nesties got my vote... it's my favorite butterfly so far. I love the fact that you can emboss with it too :)

CathyC 03-27-2009 05:22 AM

Other than the nested butterflies, Spellbinders has 3 other sets. Just go to their home page and type butterflies in the search. The sets will come up along with artwork created with them.

Cathy

marciad 03-27-2009 11:05 AM

I have the Shapeabilities nested butterflies and the Embosslit butterfly for my Sidekick.

elilbit 03-29-2009 03:40 PM

My favorite so far is on my Cricut the cartridge is Indie Art...... But I want the SU! one as well. I would like to see the Nestie ones.

willsygirl 03-29-2009 04:01 PM

Loving the SU butterfly bigz die too :-)

casslarson 03-29-2009 05:43 PM

I didn't realize that Provo Craft had so many butterflies in their cuttlebug line; here are new ones that I found:

2 Step Die

3x3 Spring Die

2x2 Garden Creatures

2x6 Nature & Texture
Does anybody have this one? I'm really intrigued by it and would like to know if you have it and if you like it?

crazedstamper 06-29-2010 12:19 PM

SU Butterfly diecut/embossing folder in Cuttlebug

Hi gals, I purchased this and after waiting weeks for it to arrive, discovered I can't figure out how to make this work in my Bug. Anybody know the trick? My daughter has been patiently waiting to make something with this, too.

It looked SO pretty when it was demo'ed to us, but the demo doesn't know how to make it work in our Bug.

NikiM 06-30-2010 04:13 PM

Marvy has one that embosses too.

Crafter 4 Life 07-01-2010 07:21 AM

Crazedstamper-

If it is the Bigz butterfly die: 'B' plate, die face up, c/s, 'B' plate

If it is the sizlit butterfly die: 'A' plate, 'B' plate, die with c/s inserted, 'B' plate (depending on the thickness of the c/s, you might a shim so the c/s cuts cleanly)

Good luck-