Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   What is the best white ink? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/what-best-white-ink-280838/)

marsha1268 08-24-2007 10:17 AM

What is the best white ink?

A while back I found this great thread comparing the different black inks out there. Is there anything similar for white ink? I find the SU white craft ink doesn't come out very bright, and it takes a while to dry. What is the best white ink?

Bethyblue 08-24-2007 11:14 AM

I've had better results with my Color Box Cream White. I've also tried the Stazon Opaque white which I liked but the clean up was very lengthy. HTH.

Scrapfever2 08-24-2007 11:49 AM

I just got Palette New Canvas and so far I've been very pleased with it! Cleans up in nothing flat, too.

flamingolady 08-24-2007 12:26 PM

Thanks for starting this thread. I've always wondered the same thing. I've used Color Box pigment oyster white and didn't like it. I have SU's white but haven't tried it yet.

cajor 08-24-2007 12:32 PM

What about white dye-based ink? I used to order it from The Angel Company, but they don't sell it any longer.

Amy J. in Wisconsin

Janette R 08-24-2007 12:41 PM

My favorite white is Brilliance Moonlight White.

deb_loves_stamping 08-24-2007 12:50 PM

I really like the Palette Hybrid New Canvas (its white).

HOCKEY FAN 08-24-2007 01:18 PM

My favorite is also the Palette New Canvas!!!!!

debzi333 08-24-2007 01:19 PM

Subscribing to this link!! This is a question I've had too. I have Stazon opaque white - and it's okay - but very very dry!!!!!And I inked up my pad very thoroughly!!! I also have Brilliance Moonlight white - and have used it - like it very well - but I can't remember if it dries without ep - well, the package says it does, and you dry it faster if you heat set it... However, I am not sure if it is non smudging like stazon is... Will have to try it... let me know if you do!

Thanks!

Scrapjanny 08-24-2007 01:35 PM

I've tried a number of white inks. I know some people have had other results with these brands, but here's what I've found.

Color Box Frost White: Never, ever dries, even on uncoated cardstock. You have to emboss it. I don't know if this is still the one SU sells, but it was when I was a demo. a few years ago.

Staz On White: Hate it. Sticky and not very bright. (Describes some people I know, come to think of it. :rolleyes: )

Palette New Canvas: Doesn't show up very well on dark paper.

The best white ink I've used so far, believe it or not, is JoAnn's Craft Essentials white pigment pad. It's bright and dries after a few minutes on uncoated cardstock. It's acid-free, and it's only $3.99!

HTH.

carla36301 08-24-2007 01:44 PM

Do you have to emboss the Palette new canvas or is it just like the other Palette pads?

Scrapfever2 08-24-2007 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carla36301 (Post 6966464)
Do you have to emboss the Palette new canvas or is it just like the other Palette pads?

It's like the other Palette pads. It dries fast.

Bethyblue 08-24-2007 01:55 PM

I also have the Brilliance Moonlight White. It does dry fast even on vellum but I haven't found it to be a really opaque white. It is nice when you want a more translucent effect.

Scrapjanny 08-24-2007 02:07 PM

Thanks, Bethyblue. I was going to try the Brilliance, but I want a nice, bright, opaque white ink. You've saved me some time and money.

buggainok 08-24-2007 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapjanny (Post 6966325)
The best white ink I've used so far, believe it or not, is JoAnn's Craft Essentials white pigment pad. It's bright and dries after a few minutes on uncoated cardstock. It's acid-free, and it's only $3.99!

HTH.

Me, too!

meluvstampin 08-25-2007 05:00 AM

I like the Joannes white and I do like my Stazon white. I also have the Pallette white and that is ok to.

ShariW 08-29-2007 10:12 AM

My favorite white is Colorbox Frost White, gives a bright, clear image. I also have Blanco (by Stampa Rosa) opaque white dye - not bright. I have the Staz-on but have never used it - now I'm wondering if I should! I also have VersaColor #80 White ultimate pigment, but it also isn't as bright as Colorbox but brighter than Blanco. It does clean off a detailed stamp with water. Glad I found this thread as I will go to JoAnn's and get Craft Essentials.

FTZ 08-29-2007 10:58 AM

VersaMagic has a white ink to.. has anyone tryed that?..

eeyorefanatic 08-29-2007 11:27 AM

I have heard for a truly opaque white your best bet is the CTMH white (but it takes a while to dry) and Joanns Craft Essentials white.

JulieHRR 08-29-2007 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FTZ (Post 7020370)
VersaMagic has a white ink to.. has anyone tryed that?..

Yes. It's a nice white ink. :)

I have a number of whites I like, but they each serve a different purpose:

Tsukineko Brilliance Moonlight White:
Pearlescent, dries on porous and non-porous surfaces, including vellum, black polyshrink, and acetate, on the opaque side/works on dyed or printed darker colored stock, can be embossed (if not, embossed you'll wanna speed heat set it with your heat gun)

Tsukineko Versamagic Cloud White:
Chalk finish, not pearlescent, not as opaque as Brilliance on dyed darker card stocks, varies on printed darker card stocks, can be embossed if you work fast, dries on vellum--I heat set to speed it up

Tsukineko Staz-On Cotton White: Great for transparency, dries fast, not entirely opaque, but, pretty good. Not great on card stock or other porous surfaces; faint on dark card stock, whether dyed or printed

SU! Craft White: Pigment ink, opaque, great on both dyed or printed dark card stock, can be used on fabric (heat setting after dry, for permanence) and wood surfaces, can be thermal embossed; takes a while to dry on card stock, so use a heat gun to speed that up if you're in a hurry

Stewart Superior Palette Hybrid New Canvas: Great on transparency, requires heat setting, faint results on dyed or printed dark card stock/porous surfaces. Can't emboss.

Clearsnap Colorbox Fluid Chalk Whites:
Great on inkjet transparency (toothy side), may need heat setting to speed up drying, results vary greatly on dark/darker dyed or printed card stocks. Can't emboss.

HTH,

cuccicoo1002 08-29-2007 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR (Post 7021383)
Yes. It's a nice white ink. :)

I have a number of whites I like, but they each serve a different purpose:

Tsukineko Brilliance Moonlight White: Pearlescent, dries on porous and non-porous surfaces, including vellum, black polyshrink, and acetate, on the opaque side/works on dyed or printed darker colored stock, can be embossed (if not, embossed you'll wanna speed heat set it with your heat gun)

Tsukineko Versamagic Cloud White: Chalk finish, not pearlescent, not as opaque as Brilliance on dyed darker card stocks, varies on printed darker card stocks, can be embossed if you work fast, dries on vellum--I heat set to speed it up

Tsukineko Staz-On Cotton White: Great for transparency, dries fast, not entirely opaque, but, pretty good. Not great on card stock or other porous surfaces; faint on dark card stock, whether dyed or printed

SU! Craft White: Pigment ink, opaque, great on both dyed or printed dark card stock, can be used on fabric (heat setting after dry, for permanence) and wood surfaces, can be thermal embossed; takes a while to dry on card stock, so use a heat gun to speed that up if you're in a hurry

Stewart Superior Palette Hybrid New Canvas: Great on transparency, requires heat setting, faint results on dyed or printed dark card stock/porous surfaces. Can't emboss.

Clearsnap Colorbox Fluid Chalk Whites: Great on inkjet transparency (toothy side), may need heat setting to speed up drying, results vary greatly on dark/darker dyed or printed card stocks. Can't emboss.

HTH,

You are so awesome...I've been wodnering forever if the white brilliance pad was pearlescent...thank you for your review! I've got a few of these, and now I see I need a few more :)

whitepuppy mammaw 08-29-2007 07:35 PM

Thanks for all the info. I just found another reason to go to JoAnn's.....Thanks, Phyl

alanasnana 10-21-2007 06:42 AM

Julie, You are the greatest! The only white ink I have is Color Box Frost White and I like it. If you ever need a pen with white ink, use Uni-ball Signo. It is great. You can get those from SU.

JenMarie 02-15-2008 08:32 AM

Subscribing so I don't lose this!

kstamper 02-15-2008 08:53 AM

subscribing, too!

Stampinmom57 02-15-2008 01:04 PM

I dont use white ink to much but I use the VersaMagic Cloud White when I do.

Sheri

NoraCH 03-03-2008 09:41 AM

Subscribing since I already had to go looking for it once.