Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   What adhesive to remount rubber w/foam onto wood? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/what-adhesive-remount-rubber-w-foam-onto-wood-464252/)

FlyGirlStamper 10-17-2009 03:18 PM

What adhesive to remount rubber w/foam onto wood?

What adhesive do you use to mount rubber stamps that still have foam on them, back onto wood blocks? I have tons of old stamps from a company called "O'Scrap!". One of our LSS went out of business a few years back and they had everything 75%off!! Needless to say, I purchased just about every "O'Scrap!" stamp I could get...with the plan of cutting them up and remounting them. They are multiple word/phrase stamps that are of a particular category (baby, summer, daughter, ballet, camping etc...) Each wood block has 3-5 "sayings/words" on each side of the wood!! Great concept but I don't like hand coloring the rubber to stamp, I want to smoosh my stamp right into the inkpad and stamp!!! So, I want to unmount these stamps, cut them into their seperate "sayings/words" and remount back onto smaller wood blocks that a dear friend keeps giving to me as she unmounts her stamps!!!!!!!!!!!! I know, I may be "bass-akwards" but it's now I like it that counts right!!??

SO, what adhesive do you recommend for mounting foam backed stamps onto wood blocks?!?!

Please help!
Thanks in advance!!

franb63 10-17-2009 03:49 PM

why remount? why not used them on acrylics and save the trouble & time.. not to mention the money

FlyGirlStamper 10-17-2009 03:55 PM

Because I prefer wood mounted. Money is not an issue as a friend is giving me all her old wood blocks, plus, I can cut some of the old wood down to the correct size that I need.

Anyone else have a suggestion for what adhesive to use?!

littlestamper 10-19-2009 05:01 PM

I use rubber cement and have had excellent results doing that. I'm kinda **** about my stamps and sometimes the wood gets really stained. I remove the stamp (microwave for a few seconds) sand down the wood and spray varnish the wood and reattach the rubber stamp. Works wonderful!!

snowowl 10-19-2009 05:06 PM

Stampin' Up's Crystal Effects works great. I just did some and when dry, it is really stuck. You do not have to use a lot either!
PS - I LOVE using wooden blocks over the acrylic mount. there is just something about the feel of the wood in your hand.
Sue

stampinX6 10-19-2009 05:08 PM

Mounting Cushion from Cornish Heritage Farms 10 X 8 piece for $3.29. This is where I get mine and they are very fast. I trace the rubber onto the paper cover cut out and mount, take the back off and mount to block. I hardly have any waste.

kphorse 10-19-2009 05:36 PM

I think rubber cement is the best...very thin amount on each side, let dry and attach...

FlyGirlStamper 10-19-2009 06:19 PM

Thanks for the tip! I also appreciate your support in the "wood" area!!! i just really like the feel of the wood stamps not to mention the "tradition" of them...the acrylics just don't seem to cut it for me...in a pinch, ok, but otherwise it's wood all the way!!