Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-13-2016, 07:12 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ken Oliver Roll Away

Have you tried this? does it work? is it worth the money? thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2016, 04:07 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Just had to Google this, lol. I've not used it, however, by a coincidence, I had an email from a crafter/craft store over here the other day, Joanna Sheen. She had this in her email, and was raving about it. She said it worked brilliantly, and that it removed all the little bits. Then when it loses it's sticky, you just wash it under the tap. Refills when it eventually stops being sticky are available. She is a very well respected crafter over here, and always stands behind her products, so I'm pretty sure she wouldn't be raving over it if it was only average. HTH.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2016, 10:25 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know we all like gizmos, but this to me goes a little far. Why not just wind masking tape around a brayer? Easy to use, remove and replace.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2016, 01:49 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hadn't hear of this either, and so have not used one. However, this just gave me an idea. I have rollers all over my house to remove cat hair from my clothes. I think I will try using one of those!

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2016, 02:26 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ever see the commercial for the "Schticky"? I think this is the same product re-marketed for the crafting segment so they can charge twice as much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2016, 06:14 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat_womanView Post
Ever see the commercial for the "Schticky"? I think this is the same product re-marketed for the crafting segment so they can charge twice as much.
I have one from even before the "Schticky" - don't remember what they called it then, but it was marketed as a lint roller/crumb catcher kind of thing. It didn't come with refills, but mine came in a 2-pack with one that was probably 2" in diameter and a purse-size foldable one (looks just like the roll-away).

My purse-size one actually was moved to my craft supplies exactly for the purposes of cleaning up snippets of paper and glitter I guess I was ahead of my time!

ETA: I don't think the masking tape-type lint rollers will work as well, because assuming the roll-away is like the tool I have, the sticky substance is actually pretty squishy, so it can get down into the crevices of the die. $5 doesn't sound like a bad price to me; I'm pretty sure I paid a little over that for the ones I got and that had to be over 15 years ago. Also, mine didn't have refills available, and I never needed them. When you rinse it off with water and let it air dry, it restickifies itself and mine hasn't worn out yet. (Although I tend to forget I have it and don't use it that much).

Last edited by cbet; 07-15-2016 at 06:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2016, 06:13 PM   #7  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louisa MayView Post
I know we all like gizmos, but this to me goes a little far. Why not just wind masking tape around a brayer? Easy to use, remove and replace.
I personally do not have the patience to wind tape around a brayer LOL.

I bought one of these Ken Oliver gizmos, but I haven't tried it yet. I have the Spellbinders brush with the pad and that works well but you really have to get into some of the holes with the pick attachment and no matter how careful I am, I always get pieces flying around my work area and on the floor.

So if Ken's tool is easier to use/more effective than the spellbinders tool, I'll be one happy camper. Ken's tool is reasonably priced IMO so I decided to try it.

I'm in gardening mode in the summer instead of crafting, but when I try this tool I'll try to remember to post some feedback on this thread.

Last edited by QueenOfInkland; 07-15-2016 at 06:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes