Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inks in Pastel Colors ~ Soft and Muted ~ Recommendations Please

I am looking for inks in pastel colors..... something soft and muted.... for inking the edges of paper tags and mats. I dont want vibrant colors, I want an ink that is subtle and will blend in. I really need some soft blues, pinks, yellows, greens, tans, etc

I came here knowing I would get some great recommendations.

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2011, 08:03 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

I should add, this is for the Graphics 45 "once upon a springtime" paper. I hope that will give you a better idea of what I am looking for.

TIA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2011, 08:33 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 83 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm not familiar with the Graphics 45 paper you're referring to, but Hero Arts has beautiful shadow inks in the colors you mention: http://www.heroarts.com/products/sea...m?action=quick

Sorry, I just clicked on the link I posted and it isn't working. Will try again!

Last edited by uncbballfan; 01-22-2011 at 08:35 PM.. Reason: link not working
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2011, 08:39 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 83 Likes on 43 Posts

Maybe this link will work: Hero Arts - Hero Hues, Ink

Ok, this one does work. The link takes you to all of the Hero Arts inks, so you'll need to look specifically for shadow inks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks so much for the replies........... here is a link to the specific paper I need the ink for:
Once Upon a Springtime
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2011, 08:56 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

I found these Inks online at Js......... has anyone tried them? Will they add a soft feathery edge to papers and tags?

Adirondack Dye Ink Stamp Pads Lights-MANY COLORS : stamp pads : stamping : scrapbooking : Shop | Joann.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2011, 10:55 PM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Received 159 Likes on 99 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrammaPixelView Post
I found these Inks online at Js......... has anyone tried them? Will they add a soft feathery edge to papers and tags?

Adirondack Dye Ink Stamp Pads Lights-MANY COLORS*: stamp pads*: stamping*: scrapbooking*: Shop | Joann.com
Those inks are good and many of Ranger Distress Inks, too. I just bought some of that paper today. It's lovely.

Vic
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2011, 01:25 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

Quote:

Adirondack Dye Ink Stamp Pads Lights-MANY COLORS*: stamp pads*: stamping*: scrapbooking*: Shop | Joann.com
I was just coming along to recommend the Adirondack Lights range. Ranger inks are very high quality and great for sponging as well as stamping. The paler Distress ink colours might also suit you - they sponge really well as they're formulated to stay wetter for longer so they're very easy to work into the paper.

Beautiful papers, have fun with them!

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2011, 06:25 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelnorthView Post
I was just coming along to recommend the Adirondack Lights range. Ranger inks are very high quality and great for sponging as well as stamping. The paler Distress ink colours might also suit you - they sponge really well as they're formulated to stay wetter for longer so they're very easy to work into the paper.

Beautiful papers, have fun with them!
Happy New Year, Joanne....... I was hoping you would see this thread and contribute. If you say they will work, then they will:-)

I tried SU and Memento last night and they are just too vibrant and really didnt give the vintage feeling I was going for.

I will give the distress inks a try also...... I think I have a few pale ones.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2011, 07:39 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If you have a Joann's store nearby, check to see if they have the Studio G pigment inks in small square containers.

I was there yesterday and they have a great selection in lots of lovely pastel colors, only $1 each. They had three different shades of pink alone! They would be great to ink the edges of papers.

My store had them in small bins on an endcap in the papercrafts section.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2011, 08:29 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Happy New Year, Joanne....... I was hoping you would see this thread and contribute. If you say they will work, then they will:-)

I tried SU and Memento last night and they are just too vibrant and really didnt give the vintage feeling I was going for.

I will give the distress inks a try also...... I think I have a few pale ones.
Happy new year to you too

If you have Antique Linen Distress ink then you have pretty much the ultimate all purpose "edge softener" I reckon. It's a beautifuly subtle shade and seems to go with just about anything - I'd pick that for my "tan" tone pretty much every time.

In the Distress range, the new Tumbled Glass shade is a really pretty blue (I used it to ink up an embossing folder on this card) and either Worn Lipstick or Victorian Velvet would give you a soft, vintagey pink. Bundled Sage is probably my favourite of the greens (plenty of it on show on this card where I just pressed the pad directly onto the card base) - if you decide to opt for the Adirondack inks then Juniper is a very similar colour. Scattered Straw is probably your best bet for a yellow that's not too bright (or Lemonade from the Adirondack range).

It's worth reminding yourself to go easy on the sponging too - pick up just a small amount of ink and start the swirl of the sponge before you hit the paper. You can always build up and add a bit more colour but you can't take it away if you start off heavy-handed.

Hope that helps (and doesn't cost you too much in new supplies!)

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2011, 08:57 AM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
If you have a Joann's store nearby, check to see if they have the Studio G pigment inks in small square containers.

I was there yesterday and they have a great selection in lots of lovely pastel colors, only $1 each. They had three different shades of pink alone! They would be great to ink the edges of papers.

My store had them in small bins on an endcap in the papercrafts section.
Thanks so much for the recommendation...... I will be sure to pick up a couple of these.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2011, 09:10 AM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelnorthView Post
Happy new year to you too

If you have Antique Linen Distress ink then you have pretty much the ultimate all purpose "edge softener" I reckon. It's a beautifuly subtle shade and seems to go with just about anything - I'd pick that for my "tan" tone pretty much every time.

In the Distress range, the new Tumbled Glass shade is a really pretty blue (I used it to ink up an embossing folder on this card) and either Worn Lipstick or Victorian Velvet would give you a soft, vintagey pink. Bundled Sage is probably my favourite of the greens (plenty of it on show on this card where I just pressed the pad directly onto the card base) - if you decide to opt for the Adirondack inks then Juniper is a very similar colour. Scattered Straw is probably your best bet for a yellow that's not too bright (or Lemonade from the Adirondack range).

It's worth reminding yourself to go easy on the sponging too - pick up just a small amount of ink and start the swirl of the sponge before you hit the paper. You can always build up and add a bit more colour but you can't take it away if you start off heavy-handed.

Hope that helps (and doesn't cost you too much in new supplies!)
I have the antique linen....... and the rest I can get via coupon :-) Thanks so much for sharing. Your gallery is awesome btw, a beautiful inspiration.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2011, 09:45 AM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

I have the antique linen....... and the rest I can get via coupon :-) Thanks so much for sharing. Your gallery is awesome btw, a beautiful inspiration.
Thank you kindly, glad you found things to enjoy!

If you're trying out pigment inks for sponging, remember to go in with an even lighter hand! I must confess I've never had as much success sponging with pigment as with dye inks - it's doable but they're so much more opaque that it's harder to get the softness in the effect, I think.

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes