Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-11-2011, 10:56 AM   #41  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just watched Tim's video on youtube. What a cool machine! I've had a BigShot for years, which I love and use all the time. I have enough room to keep mine out so it's not a pain. But, if it ever breaks on me, I think I'll go with the Vagabond! Looks like a wonderful machine. Plus, I love the cute little suitcase design!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2011, 11:53 AM   #42  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafter 4 LifeView Post
The Vagabond is on sale at 'Oh My Craft' for $169.00 if anyone is interested.
BTW - Thanks for the tip!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post
Congratulations, Lisa!! What a fabulous deal!!

You'll love it! I used mine a dozen times today and it's wonderful.
Thanks again.

I have a feeling I'll use this waaaaaaaaay more than the Cuttlebug & Big Shot combined! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetostamp3View Post
Welcome to the Vagabond world!!! You'll love the machine, I think it's just great, so quiet, yet cuts and embosses beautifully. The motor is so strong as well.
Thank you!! The strong motor and quietness were two HUGE selling points for me. I love die-cutting some heavy duty materials (chip, grunge, canvas, etc) and really wanted something that could handle it. I KNOW the Vagabond can.

I hope it gets here soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2011, 12:02 PM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just saw it here for $209:

VAGABOND Search -- CreateForLess

Sometimes the best store is one you want to order other things from too ;^) .

Not sure about shipping but just thought I'd pass it along!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2011, 12:20 PM   #44  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quick question. Did any of you buy the Solo Wafer-Thin Die Adapter? How does it work?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2011, 12:23 PM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by SinCityGalView Post
Quick question. Did any of you buy the Solo Wafer-Thin Die Adapter? How does it work?
Oh yes! I use it with the Spellbinder and PTI dies -- it's just another layer in the sandwich and sits right on top of the Solo w/ Shim.

I believe I ordered it at Scrapbooking Supplies - Scrapbooks, Scrapbook Paper, Stickers and more :: ScrapbookingAlley.com or Ellen Hutson, LLC Home Page
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2011, 12:31 PM   #46  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post
Oh yes! I use it with the Spellbinder and PTI dies -- it's just another layer in the sandwich and sits right on top of the Solo w/ Shim.

I believe I ordered it at Scrapbooking Supplies - Scrapbooks, Scrapbook Paper, Stickers and more :: ScrapbookingAlley.com or Ellen Hutson, LLC Home Page
AWESOME!! I bought from a LSS sort of-kind of-nowhere-near me. Trying to support the sort of-kind of-nowhere-near me local economy. ;)

I kept hearing about it, that it wasn't included...blah-blah-blah so I called them up and asked if they had it. They did. They're sending it to me. YAY!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2011, 03:37 PM   #47  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

>

You don't really need to buy the 12" dies. One of the wonderful things about having so much diecutting space with the BSP is that you can put a standard die ANYWHERE on the sheet of 12x12 paper (up to 12x25 if you have the extended accessories). I've used Grand Nesties to diecut the middle of 12x12 paper and it rocks. I've also put a couple of the nested shapes scattered over a 12x12 paper and it looked great.

I love putting 12" border dies & border embossing folders (Quickutz has some awesome ones) along a sheet of large paper, too.

While I started off thinking I'd hardly use/need the large dies -- I just wanted to cut anywhere on a sheet of 12x12 -- I admit to having become quite addicted to them. The boxes, bags, and envelopes are fabulous. So, while it's not necessary to buy them to get a lot of use from a BSP, you might very well end up snagging a few!

Love TH's stuff! I'll pass on the Vagabond (for now lol), but I just bought a bunch more of his dies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #48  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

I too use it for the Spellbinders, since I have so many.... When they said it didn't come with it, I called to see what you really needed it for, and of course had to have it for all those dies..... Got mine off of ebay, good price too since I couldn't find one anywhere at the time. You'll love this machine, it's great!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2011, 07:41 PM   #49  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetostamp3View Post
I too use it for the Spellbinders, since I have so many.... When they said it didn't come with it, I called to see what you really needed it for, and of course had to have it for all those dies..... Got mine off of ebay, good price too since I couldn't find one anywhere at the time. You'll love this machine, it's great!!
You're talking about Nesties, right? Would similar dies be like the steel dies that MFT sells? (I'm addicted to their dies!)

I can't wait to get this thing and start using it already.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2011, 08:44 PM   #50  
Stampin' Fool

Yes, I do mean Nestabilities.... I've never used MFT dies, are they like Nesties? If so, I would say go for it, it should work. You could call Sizzix or call MFT, and they could tell you the sandwich to use. Sizzix advised me once that when a new machine comes out, the various die companies usually all get busy on how to run their dies through them to meet the demands of each new machine to be able to say their product will work in it. Makes sense......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2011, 06:35 AM   #51  
Pearl-ExPert

I wonder if the tan mat from nesties will work instead of the wafer adaptor? the tan mat is a rubber mat. What is the wafer?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2011, 08:28 AM   #52  
Ted
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen99View Post
I wonder if the tan mat from nesties will work instead of the wafer adaptor? the tan mat is a rubber mat. What is the wafer?
I'm wondering this as well.

Lisa, thanks for the info about ohmycrafts.

I'm SERIOUSLY thinking about this... just wishing I had seen this thread when you saw it at a lower price!

Oh! And hello from a fellow Bay Area neighbor! *wave*

Inkterior Design - Thanks for checking out my blog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2011, 02:19 PM   #53  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I saw the Vagabond in action today at a stampers' gathering. I really liked it alot. It definitely is easy to use, fairly quiet and made a deeper impression than the Big Shot (we compared).

On the other hand, i have 3 die cut machines!!! i can't keep buying the latest and greatest. Do my impressions have to be deeper! LOL

So those of us who were interested in it sort of group decided that we are going to wait until this summer and see what the price is then. We are thinking that it will drop once summer CHA rolls around and there is yet another better machine.

BTW, it is Much smaller than i expected.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2011, 02:55 PM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

This is the adapter:

Sizzix.com - Sizzix Accessory - Solo Wafer-Thin Die Adapter

For "wafer-thin" products. The mat wouldn't work. Hope that helps!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2011, 03:06 PM   #55  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
I saw the Vagabond in action today at a stampers' gathering. I really liked it alot. It definitely is easy to use, fairly quiet and made a deeper impression than the Big Shot (we compared).

On the other hand, i have 3 die cut machines!!! i can't keep buying the latest and greatest. Do my impressions have to be deeper! LOL

So those of us who were interested in it sort of group decided that we are going to wait until this summer and see what the price is then. We are thinking that it will drop once summer CHA rolls around and there is yet another better machine.

BTW, it is Much smaller than i expected.
Joan, that sounds like a good strategy especially for people who already have multiple machines. I know you are loving that Grand Calibur!!

It truly does work so easily -- and the sandwiches are already becoming second nature. Of course, watching a few Tim Holtz videos where he's whipping stuff in & out and you just absorb it.

And yes. . . a much smaller footprint!!

I started with the Cuttlebug, maybe a couple of years ago (I've only been stamping for 4 years). Then I went to the Big Shot and gave the C'bug to one of my sisters. Now I'll be selling the Big Shot to a friend.

I could never have a lot of machines because of space, but I think I'll be happy with this one for a long time.

Joan, you have the GC, but what are the other two?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2011, 08:30 PM   #56  
Ted
Kookie Creator

I went ahead and took the plunge and purchased it at Ohmycrafts. I'm excited to get it in my grubby little hands. ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2011, 08:34 PM   #57  
Stazon Splitcoast

That's fantastic, Ted!!! Hope you love it as much as I do!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2011, 10:04 PM   #58  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

They are different and used for the two steps....Nancy sort of explained it. The Wafer Thin Die Adapter or Extended Adapter is used when you cut your Spellbinders/Nesties, the tan mat may be used with the clear plates and shims (I use a piece of rubber gasket I got from Home Depot with the tan mat) to emboss the Nesties. I find I get a deeper embossing rather than with the Sizzix Impression Pad and Silicone Pad. I have all three and have tested them. There doesn't seem to be any strain on the machine, since the thickness of my plate, tan mat and gasket are the same as the plate, Impression pad and Silicone pad. I think the difference is the resilience with the tan mat and gasket. It allows for the deeper impression.
For embossing from bottom up it's:
Solo w/Shim
Clear Plate
Nestability w/cardstock
Tan mat
Gasket
Clear Plate

Hope this helps those who wondered about the tan mat....I prefer it. And Ted, you'll love your new machine......Congrats on the purchase!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2011, 10:52 AM   #59  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by TedView Post
I went ahead and took the plunge and purchased it at Ohmycrafts. I'm excited to get it in my grubby little hands. ;)
SWEET!!!

It was weird that the deal was gone such a short time after, but you should have still been able to use the code of LUCKY10 (or MARCH10) so I hope you tried that for 10% off your purchase.

Hope my Vagabond gets here sooooooooon! (I'm antsy. ;) )

*Waves* from the East Bay. Near Walnut Creek. And ready for Spring!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2011, 11:15 AM   #60  
Ted
Kookie Creator

Quote:

SWEET!!!

It was weird that the deal was gone such a short time after, but you should have still been able to use the code of LUCKY10 (or MARCH10) so I hope you tried that for 10% off your purchase.

Hope my Vagabond gets here sooooooooon! (I'm antsy. ;) )

*Waves* from the East Bay. Near Walnut Creek. And ready for Spring!

Near South Bay here... and listening to the rain as I type this! ;)

Well, I paid the $13.00 for the UPS shipping only because I've never purchased from ohcrafts before and I wanted a tracking number. It said "2 days" transit time, but I think that's a VERY generous estimate! LOL

I'm eager to get mine as well. I love that I saw on YouTube that if something is too thick, it doesn't try, but it spits it back out!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #61  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Well, I paid the $13.00 for the UPS shipping only because I've never purchased from ohcrafts before and I wanted a tracking number. It said "2 days" transit time, but I think that's a VERY generous estimate! LOL

I'm eager to get mine as well. I love that I saw on YouTube that if something is too thick, it doesn't try, but it spits it back out!
Rain?! No way? Still dry up here. So far. But I know that's short-lived. :(

I wanted to keep my expenses low, plus I have to go out of town ANYWAY sooooo.... I didn't mind waiting. Hopefully it'll be here when I get back or shortly thereafter.

I've ordered from them before and had no problems. You should get it early in the week. Can't wait to hear your early thoughts.

btw - Do you shop at Cranberry Hill Mercantile? Love that store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2011, 12:11 PM   #62  
Ted
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Rain?! No way? Still dry up here. So far. But I know that's short-lived. :(

I wanted to keep my expenses low, plus I have to go out of town ANYWAY sooooo.... I didn't mind waiting. Hopefully it'll be here when I get back or shortly thereafter.

I've ordered from them before and had no problems. You should get it early in the week. Can't wait to hear your early thoughts.

btw - Do you shop at Cranberry Hill Mercantile? Love that store.

Oh yeah... CHM is a rock's throw from where I live....which could be dangerous. ;) Being an LSS, their prices are somewhat high, but it's a fun store through which to browse.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2011, 04:59 PM   #63  
Crimping Master

Yippee! I bought a Vagabond today at AC Moore for about $120.99. It is on sale this week for $149.99 and there was a moon-light madness coupon for an extra 20% off regular and sale items. I have wanted one since it came out. If you are on the West Coast you still have time!

BLOG : The Papercraft Place

You Tube: kelley3684
Guest Designer for "Midnight Madness"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2011, 06:36 PM   #64  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

That's true, Ted. . . I had the wrong sandwich once and it just wouldn't go. No chance of forcing anything into it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2011, 06:36 PM   #65  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by planet43View Post
Yippee! I bought a Vagabond today at AC Moore for about $120.99. It is on sale this week for $149.99 and there was a moon-light madness coupon for an extra 20% off regular and sale items. I have wanted one since it came out. If you are on the West Coast you still have time!
WOW! BEST DEAL EVER!!! We don't have A.C. Moore here -- sounds like a great place! Congratulations on your new machine :^) .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2011, 06:50 PM   #66  
Crimping Master

Thanks! I've been having trouble with my hands and arm and cranking my Big Shot was getting painful.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2011, 07:49 PM   #67  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by planet43View Post
HOLY COW!! That's awesome!! I'm super excited FOR you, too. :mrgreen: We don't have AC Moore where I am (Bay Area) or I'd be tempted to buy another one for THAT price and return the one I just bought online so I could have it NOW!! Isn't that awful? :rolleyes:

Enjoy your new Vagabond and tell everyone how you like it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2011, 09:52 AM   #68  
Stampin' Fool

Ok, so I've made up my mind. I emailed Tim Holtz. Yes I did. I had questions and thought I'd just go to the horse's mouth to get them. And he answered me! I told him I wanted to buy a Vagabond because I was ready to hurl both my Cricut and Cuttlebug out my window at home, but I needed to know if my other embossing folders and dies would work in the Vagabond. And I was concerned about my Spellbinders as well.

So cool, he answered!

Quote:

yes michele - you will able use all embossing folders in the vagabond. to use spellbinders you will also need to purchase the thin die adapter sold on the sizzix site. thanks.

tim
So now I have to get a thin die adapter. Well first I have to get the machine. No, first I have to wait until I get paid, then get the machine.

And just as an FYI--I looked at my TV guide and Tim is going to be on HSN. They might have a special deal for the Vagabond, ya know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2011, 07:53 PM   #69  
Crimping Master

Quick question.....

When you emboss your nesties with the vagabond, does any ones black silicone mat "push out/back" slightly when traveling through the machine?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2011, 02:21 PM   #70  
Polyshrink Goddess

I too have the Wonderful Vagabond. I only paid $199.00 with free shipping. I have been using it ever since January. I love how it cuts the stronger stuff. And so easy on the hands and wrists to just slide it in and the machine does the rest. I think the sandwich would be the same as for all the other nonr electrical machines that one uses.
Just my �.25 worth.
arubberstamper
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2011, 04:10 PM   #71  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandmamichelfView Post
Ok, so I've made up my mind. I emailed Tim Holtz. Yes I did. I had questions and thought I'd just go to the horse's mouth to get them. And he answered me! I told him I wanted to buy a Vagabond because I was ready to hurl both my Cricut and Cuttlebug out my window at home, but I needed to know if my other embossing folders and dies would work in the Vagabond. And I was concerned about my Spellbinders as well.

So cool, he answered!

So now I have to get a thin die adapter. Well first I have to get the machine. No, first I have to wait until I get paid, then get the machine.

And just as an FYI--I looked at my TV guide and Tim is going to be on HSN. They might have a special deal for the Vagabond, ya know.
I went to HSN's site to see when he was going to be on and if the Vagabond was there....it was but at $259.95 with shipping at $17 something! You do get a set of two texture fade embossing folders and two Bigz dies, but to me that's not a great deal..... I got mine for $199 and free shipping through Scrap-Mart.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2011, 04:21 PM   #72  
Ted
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Well, one full week after ordering and not even a shipping confirmation. I contacted "Heather" and was told it would ship either yesterday or today. No UPS notice either day.

Not a very good first impression with OhMyCraft.com.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2011, 06:07 PM   #73  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

Holy diecutting !!!! I 'held strong' until I read this thread and got possessed LOL so I just bought a Vagabond online.........I have a bigshot (have had it since they first came out and love cutting the thick stuff) and I'll keep that as a backup.......I know how easy this machine is going to make everything and the space saving is priceless - thanks for this thread and thanks for the enabling bwahahaha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2011, 06:10 PM   #74  

Hey Phantom - we must both be tool nuts LOL..didn't I meet you on the thread about the Ephiphany button maker? ::waves::
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2011, 07:46 PM   #75  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Well, one full week after ordering and not even a shipping confirmation. I contacted "Heather" and was told it would ship either yesterday or today. No UPS notice either day.

I gave up on OhMyCrafts a while back for this very reason. It would seem like things were in stock and they would take forever. Or it would say they would ship at the end of a certain month, and a month or two later, still no product. The people were very nice and willing to refund my money, but I just wanted the product I had ordered and found it frustrating to have to wait or order somewhere else! I finally just gave up on them..... What I was saving wasn't worth the hassle. :?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2011, 09:22 PM   #76  
Polyshrink Goddess

Would anyone care to tell me where they are getting a good price for the Vagabond and what their shipping was? Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2011, 09:36 PM   #77  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp luvrView Post
Would anyone care to tell me where they are getting a good price for the Vagabond and what their shipping was? Thank you in advance.
I got mine through scrap-mart.com for $199.99 and free shipping. I don't see it on their site, but if you search Vagabond it'll come up and you can purchase it that way. Good luck finding a good deal on it. I'm very happy with mine!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2011, 02:41 AM   #78  
Cardstock Collector

I finally bought the Vagabond online after a lot thought. As a complete novice, when I unpacked it I expected the box to contain everything I needed to emboss using my brass stencils, plus 'The Crafters Workshop' (Imagination Crafts Set of 6" x 6" Templates). I quickly realised I was wrong. I know this machine will take these stencils because I read somewhere it would.

I have never owned a die cutting machine before, so my knowledge about 'shims' and 'sandwiches' is zero, and this is where I need some help please. What do I need to buy so I can use the above please? Any other nuggets of expertise will also be very welcome.

Marian (UK)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2011, 03:52 AM   #79  

In response to: "Would anyone care to tell me where they are getting a good price for the Vagabond and what their shipping was? Thank you in advance."

----------
I just bought mine from scrap-mart for $199.99 and free shipping.
--------------
--------------
Also I just emailed Sizzix and asked them what the difference is between the #657160 solo adaptor and the #655807 extended adaptor. They are both the same size and they both are described as for use with competitor's thin dies. I post their response when I hear from them.

Last edited by QueenOfInkland; 03-19-2011 at 04:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2011, 06:29 PM   #80  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Hey, Ted!

So sorry to hear you've had such a bad time with OhMyCrafts. :( And what's even more surprising is that they took such good care of ME! (I feel bad for saying that, but it's true.)

I ordered my Vagabond on March 10th, got confirmation that same day, then an e-mail showing that it was processing the next day, THEN I received an e-mail from them on the 14th stating that it had shipped (and I also received an e-mail from UPS!!). It was delivered on the 17th. (Btw - I'm not saying this to rub it in, just to provide info, okay?)

I don't know if it makes a difference that I registered with them (though I rarely order) or not. They still should keep in contact with you on what's going on with your order if you provide an e-mail. That IS their responsibility to you as a company and providing good customer service.

I sure hope you've received it by now, or at least have gotten some answers from OhMyCrafts. It's a fun machine and you'll really enjoy using it.

Last edited by SinCityGal; 03-20-2011 at 06:30 PM.. Reason: oopsie
Reply With Quote Likes