Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Using Lasting Impressions Brass Stencils in the Sizzix Big Kick?? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/using-lasting-impressions-brass-stencils-sizzix-big-kick-394045/)

lifesabeach32940 10-30-2008 05:24 AM

Using Lasting Impressions Brass Stencils in the Sizzix Big Kick??

Please forgive me if this question has been asked before. I did search the forums and visited numerous blogs before deciding to post. I read so much information that I am now confused. :confused:

What exactly do I need to purchase to use my Lasting Impressions Brass Stencils in the Sizzix Big Kick? It came with the Multi-Purpose platform, so I am set there. However, during my travels through the forum and blogs, I read that I would need an Impressions Pad, and/or a Silicone Rubber Sheet, and/or a plastic folder that Sizzix sells to put the Brass Stencil in.

Has anyone actually used the Big Kick to emboss Lasting Impressions Brass Stencils? If so, what did you think? (I am so excited that this may actually work, as I want to emboss pieces using black and darker shades of Bazzill cardstock before cutting them out. A light box is useless on the darker cardstock. If it is true that the Big Kick will work with my stencils, I will definitely be using them a lot more than I do now.)

Thanks for your help!

Judy

ScrampShopper 10-30-2008 06:12 AM

I emboss my brass stencils in my Big Kick, following the directions on the multipurpose platform. I think you need the sissix texturz kit ($20 at Michael's) that comes with a black plate and a thin rubber like sheet. The embossing will only be the edges so if you like the inside part raised, i haven't figured out how to get that. I hope that makes some sense

pjw2855 10-30-2008 06:21 AM

Judy.......Follow the instructions that ScrampShopper states. It will emboss for you perfectly. I use the rubber pad from the Sizzix Texture Starter kit. I know others will suggest items from the hardware store. I can't vouch for those as I have never tried them.

When you emboss the brass templates the image will be raised evenly, this does include the middle. (I can't understand why she feels the middle is not embossed also?)

A brass stencil is a brass stencil, it doesn't matter whose brand it is, it will work the same.

Yes there are brass stencils that Sizzix puts out that are inclosed in a plastic folder. They would work just the same as the Cuttlebug embossing folders.....it has 2 parts, the negative and positive.

Patti

lifesabeach32940 10-30-2008 06:26 AM

Thank you!! :)

Thank you ScrampShopper and Patti. I do appreciate your replies. One more question,

I will invest in the kit that you both suggested. I just want to make sure of one thing ... will the embossed piece that results from using the brass template in the Big Kick with the Texture Kit be the same as embossing by hand? Does it give you a sharp image? (I want to be able to cut the pieces out by hand.)

Thanks again!! :)

militarystampingmom 10-30-2008 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifesabeach32940 (Post 11867636)
Please forgive me if this question has been asked before. I did search the forums and visited numerous blogs before deciding to post. I read so much information that I am now confused. :confused:

What exactly do I need to purchase to use my Lasting Impressions Brass Stencils in the Sizzix Big Kick? It came with the Multi-Purpose platform, so I am set there. However, during my travels through the forum and blogs, I read that I would need an Impressions Pad, and/or a Silicone Rubber Sheet, and/or a plastic folder that Sizzix sells to put the Brass Stencil in.

Has anyone actually used the Big Kick to emboss Lasting Impressions Brass Stencils? If so, what did you think? (I am so excited that this may actually work, as I want to emboss pieces using black and darker shades of Bazzill cardstock before cutting them out. A light box is useless on the darker cardstock. If it is true that the Big Kick will work with my stencils, I will definitely be using them a lot more than I do now.)

Thanks for your help!

Judy

This tutorial is for the Big Shot but the process would be exactly the same in your big kick!

Indigo Inklings How to emboss brass stencils

There is a Big Shot FAQ thread in this forum that would also provide you with lots of information.

They are essentially the same machine other than the design.

Hugs and Blessings
Alicia