Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Using Brass Stencils in the Cuttle Bug (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/using-brass-stencils-cuttle-bug-355205/)

SanJoseLady 06-12-2008 10:51 PM

Using Brass Stencils in the Cuttle Bug

Hi all, I just got finished doing a "test" using brass stencils, plumbers red rubber in the cuttle bug to dry emboss, and the results are GREAT. I did a tutorial on my blog, with lots of pictures (even of the package of the red rubber which came in a "gasket kit). I have tried many of the recipes posted here and they just did not give me really good results, this method, in my opinion, does.

Anyhow, the tutorial is up on my website, click here to see it, and let me know what you think.

I actually found out about the red rubber on a forum here, and added a cork pad that came with the gasket kit for wonderful results.

Hope this is helpful to you all : ) I am excited because now I can use the box of brass stencils that I have with results almost as good as hand embossing!

Sunf1ower 06-13-2008 01:12 AM

Thank you so much for spelling this out step by step... I bought the gasket ages ago, but never used it... although mine did not come in a kit, so I don't have the cork... but I can finally use my fiskars embossing plates!

SanJoseLady 06-13-2008 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunf1ower (Post 10146106)
Thank you so much for spelling this out step by step... I bought the gasket ages ago, but never used it... although mine did not come in a kit, so I don't have the cork... but I can finally use my fiskars embossing plates!

You are most welcome! You can try to use something other then that cork piece, as long as the sandwhich goes through the machine. You could do another piece of rubber, or maybe shim some card stock in there. I am going to play around some more with recipes for the cuttle bug to see what else gives good results, but so far I am more then pleased with the red rubber/cork combination : )

Coletta 06-13-2008 08:52 AM

Thanks! That was very helpful information! I was ready to give up on my brass stencils but now I may be able to resurrect them!

Coletta

RJP111 06-13-2008 09:44 AM

Thank you for the tutorial! I have a couple of brass stancils and now it looks like I can use them again.

(Oh, and I love your glittery nails!)

buggainok 06-13-2008 10:43 AM

Thanks so much for the wonderful tutorial. I have a Cuttlebug, and last year I bought a ton of Sizzix discontinued brass stencil things. I tried using them with cardstock shims, and got so-so results.

I'm off to Ace Hardware to get a gasket kit. Looks like it will work a lot better.

scrapamiga 06-13-2008 12:13 PM

Thanks for this tip, you little enabler you! After seeing this, I had to run out and find this gasket kit. I ran all over town, but finally found it. What a sickness this craft is for me -- something I'd never even heard of before this thread, and suddenly it becomes something I "have-to-have-NOW"!!:) TFS!

SanJoseLady 06-13-2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapamiga (Post 10151645)
Thanks for this tip, you little enabler you! After seeing this, I had to run out and find this gasket kit. I ran all over town, but finally found it. What a sickness this craft is for me -- something I'd never even heard of before this thread, and suddenly it becomes something I "have-to-have-NOW"!!:) TFS!

You are too funny, I have spent soooooooooooo much money because of these forums, the cuttle bug, scor pal...omg, every time I visit a thread here I lose money : )

I figure that if i at least do tutorials I can "justify" the cost of spending the money?

Let me know how this method works for you : )

pjw2855 06-14-2008 09:13 AM

You can also purchase the Texture Starter kit from Sizzix to get the flexible mat to use with the brass stencils. It includes 3 texture plates which gives you 6 total choices. So it's worth the $$.

Patti

arubberstamper 06-14-2008 09:29 AM

Wow....You are a genius...Thanks so much. My wizard is in the shop and wondered how I can use my brass stencils in my new CB. Thanks so much for the tutioral and the help.
Robin