Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-11-2007, 12:49 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canon rebel XTI 400D digital camera.. please advise

Does anyone know much about this camera? I have been wanting to purchase it for some time. I have a b-day coming up and DH told me to get it if I wanted it. The thing is... I am not sure that it is a great camera for the price. I have the rebel 35 mm, and would like to know if the lenses are interchangeable? Any advice that you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Melinda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2007, 02:26 PM   #2  
Inking Addict

Hi - I have been researching this also. I went to Ritz Camera with my old Rebel 35mm and all the lenses. They are not compatible. The Zoom lens worked sometimes, but not realiably. Hope this helps. If you Google Canon Rebel XTi reviews you will get many forums which discuss this camera. I received tons of info on these sites. - Karen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 06:57 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

I called Canon support this morning. They are telling me that the as long as the lenses are EF, they will work. I hope that they are not telling me wrong. I thought it would be great to use the lenses that I already have without having to purchase ones specific to the camera. They (Canon) did tell me that if the lenses are not EF, they will not work. Let me know if you find out anything else about them. Thanks.

Mel
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 07:23 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I went from film to digital recently as well. (Canon film to Canon digital) There is still so much I don't understand yet. I have the lens 75-300mm (it does not have EFS on it) from my prev. film camera. On my new camera the lens that came with it does have EFS in front of 18-55mm. I have had my digital since July and have used it with my zoom lens. I have not had any problems with it. I also have been able to use my flash that I bought for the film camera and no problems there either.
I bought mine at Best Buy and the lady there was very helpful. She knew her stuff!!!
I have a Canon Rebel XTI EOS 400D. PM me if you need more help!!!

JoAnna
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 07:28 AM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

check out dpreview.com

best review site for cameras ever. with pics taken by the camera, pros and cons, and suggestions and owner comments.

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 07:29 AM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

oh wait I think I put all this info on your blog. nm

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 07:36 AM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Just had to post that my husband got lucky last week when he was at Best Buy. The new Rebel XTI has a new model coming out and they had the "older model" marked down to half the price. So for $400 it was a steal. We have photographer friend who told us that the Rebel XTI 400 was the way to go. If you have an Apple, there are some great software programs that compliment and photo editing with this type of camera as well.
Ranger Certified Educator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 06:27 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

I finally decided on the Rebel 350 XT.

You would not believe all the rude people that I have talked to today trying to purchase this camera. I was screamed at and cussed by some customer service people with these companies. I got a different story from everyone that I talked to. I finally (and should have from the beginning) ordered it from Amazon.com. I got it with all the extra's for $479.00. I thought this was a pretty good deal. I called Canon and they assured me that my lenses (EF), would work with this camera. He did mention that using the 35mm lenses on the XTi, was difficult due to the stabilizer issue.

I hope that when it gets here it is everything that I am hoping for. Especially after all the heck that I went through today.

Thanks to everyone that posted. I appreciate your help.

Melinda
Reply With Quote Likes