Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Updated--Copic and Spectrum Noir color comparisons! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/updated-copic-spectrum-noir-color-comparisons-575304/)

blueheron 07-03-2013 02:02 PM

Updated--Copic and Spectrum Noir color comparisons!

6 Attachment(s)
Finally�here are the new and updated list and charts comparing Copic and Spectrum Noir colors. This compares 246 Copic colors (provided by thecraftysister) with 168 Spectrum Noir colors (provided by TeaTime1 and me�blueheron).

The list is self-explanatory. The charts (one page per file) are scans of actual samples colored on cardstock. The first column on the left is Copic, the next column the matching Spectrum Noir, then another row of Copic�and so on.

Although this uses all 168 Spectrum Noir markers available at this time, there were 112 Copics for which I did not have samples.

Matches (or �close enough� matches) are my opinion only, so blame me if you don�t agree. :)

Thanks to thecraftysister and TeaTime1 for providing samples of their markers. I couldn�t have done this without them!

Hope this helps everyone.

Lijo 07-03-2013 02:41 PM

Thank you for doing this! I have a small collection of Copics (42 or so) that my husband bought me two years ago for Christmas. Then last year, I asked for new colors, but we found Spectrum Noir and decided to go that route since they're less expensive. I have all 168 colors now. While I love Copics, I really enjoy my SN markers too. I love having the comparison chart as I continue to color. :)

Teatime1 07-03-2013 03:37 PM

Not sure if there is a problem with the download or if its me. :) But I only get 1 page and it appears to be the old one. Help

blueheron 07-03-2013 04:24 PM

I'm not sure whether you are talking about the color charts (with the circles of color) or the list (in a Word table). I opened each one and they are the newer, corrected versions. The Word list has almost double the matches that the first one did and has a date in the notes at the bottom of July 3, 2013.

The color charts ARE using thecraftysister's base of Copic colors, just like the first charts, but I punched out the new matching colors from the samples you sent me and added those.

Teatime1 07-03-2013 06:03 PM

Ok I guess I was confused as there was only 64 colors list on the list. It shows updated July 2013. I thought it had more. Sorry about that.

blueheron 07-03-2013 08:20 PM

I can see where that might be confusing. There are only 64 because--believe it or not--that's all the matches there were among all those colors. I wish there were more.
<script type="text/html" id="overlay_tmpl">
</script><script type="text/html" id="overlay_tmpl">
</script><script type="text/html" id="overlay_tmpl">
</script>

RoseofS 07-16-2013 02:49 PM

Thank you so much for this chart! It's very helpful. I'm new to Spectrum Noir/Copic coloring, and will be collecting these as I learn.

LynnieN 01-01-2015 02:22 PM

Thanks for compliling this chart and posting it.
I also found another chart at this location
Irene's Card Creations : Copic Marker / Spectrum Noir Color conversion chart.

Mzteaze 02-10-2015 07:19 PM

Awesome!

Braxs123 03-21-2015 02:19 AM

Thank you for taking the time to do this.

blueheron 03-21-2015 10:12 AM

You're welcome! I think it would be great if someone else would do a new update!

blueheron 03-21-2015 10:18 AM

By the way, welcome to Splitcoaststampers, Braxs123. You'll find lots of help here, and some wonderful people!

Jane1111 08-22-2018 07:15 AM

I don�t know what all the hoopla is on Copics...

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueheron (Post 20229751)
Finally�here are the new and updated list and charts comparing Copic and Spectrum Noir colors. This compares 246 Copic colors (provided by thecraftysister) with 168 Spectrum Noir colors (provided by TeaTime1 and me�blueheron).

The list is self-explanatory. The charts (one page per file) are scans of actual samples colored on cardstock. The first column on the left is Copic, the next column the matching Spectrum Noir, then another row of Copic�and so on.

Although this uses all 168 Spectrum Noir markers available at this time, there were 112 Copics for which I did not have samples.

Matches (or �close enough� matches) are my opinion only, so blame me if you don�t agree. :)

Thanks to thecraftysister and TeaTime1 for providing samples of their markers. I couldn�t have done this without them!

Hope this helps everyone.

I personally don�t know what all the hoopla is on Copics. Spectrum Nior markers are wonderful markers and less expensive. I wish more cardmakers on youtube used Spectrum Nior to show color combinations. I don�t know if it�s a prestige issue or what, but every time someone pulls out a copic marker, I want to stick my finger down my throat and roll my eyes. Just saying...

wavejumper 08-23-2018 08:15 PM

Thanks! I have SN pens so this is very helpful for me! A number of the coloring classes are for copics.

Gee I cant get the color charts to open. :( I got the list though.

bjeans 08-24-2018 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jane1111 (Post 21709068)
I personally don’t know what all the hoopla is on Copics. Spectrum Nior markers are wonderful markers and less expensive. I wish more cardmakers on youtube used Spectrum Nior to show color combinations. I don’t know if it’s a prestige issue or what, but every time someone pulls out a copic marker, I want to stick my finger down my throat and roll my eyes. Just saying...

Your barfy stabby thing sounds like fun!

I don’t have tons of Copics but they’re occasionally used in an LSS class and I attended a Copics workshop. I haven’t used other markers that blend as easily, come in color families (if you want to go the light/med/dark route), and are refillable, but to each her own, right?

Admittedly, I like walking around town holding Copics up in the air so people will admire me, so maybe it is prestige. :roll:

Beth

rockybeta 08-24-2018 07:24 AM

Ahhhhhh..........Beth I so admire you admitting your penchant for displaying your Copics for all to see. If only we were all so brave.........sigh! Keep up the good work!