Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   TV AD ! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/tv-ad-291335/)

smoosh28 10-06-2007 04:57 AM

TV AD !

I think I have seen it all now !

A cutter that lights up under the paper. Ummm..I odn't really cut cardstock that often in the dark that I would need an 'undercutter light'
On their website, they sell an electric paper cutter as well !

Allison

conductorchik 10-06-2007 05:49 AM

You'd be surprised how much I need this!! Lighting is very bad in my room, and my husband is a compulsive sit-in-the-dark-to-watch-TV kind of person.

jtax 10-06-2007 06:01 AM

...but if the light is under the paper and you are cutting thick (ie SU!) cardstock or dark paper, would it really be that helpful???

buggainok 10-06-2007 08:44 AM

I've seen that ad. It looks neat, but I would be worried about getting replacement blades.

khogan 10-06-2007 12:33 PM

I have a genesis paper cutter with the light. The light is wonderful. You can see exactly where you are cutting, even with darker cardstocks (I haven't tried black or very dark cardstocks). I wasn't going to get the light at first, but I was talked into it and I'm so glad I went with it. Granted, my cutter is different than the one on tv, but I think that one will work good too.

Clownmom 10-06-2007 03:39 PM

I saw the ad -- even wrote down the phone number. Then sanity struck. If I get one more tool I'll have to move because there won't be room in my house for me!

KimberlyinMN 10-06-2007 03:41 PM

That ad was just on. My DH made the comment about it being "training wheels" for beginner stampers. I told him that even though I've been stamping for over 10 years, I still can't cut a straight line. Actually I'm pretty sure he really didn't have a clue as to what the commercial was about. ;)

etsdas 10-27-2007 10:11 AM

I was hoping I could find a personal review. I need a new cutter - and I do need plenty of light to see how the paper lines up. But how does this cut?

lgp@alumni 10-27-2007 12:19 PM

I'll have to watch for this ad. However, right now, I've heard such rave reviews about SU's tabletop cutter, that I'm looking in to getting that. I can't seem to cut a straight line either. My Carl cutter stinks.

bluesh4rk 12-25-2007 06:32 PM

Hm this is something I would never buy for myself but my mom gave it to me for Christmas. After I use it I will review it.

parknslide 12-25-2007 07:33 PM

There's another thread here about this cutter...the reviews were not favorable.

mokkabella 12-25-2007 08:10 PM

what a dum commercial, when they were showing them cutting with scissors, anyone can see that you moved it to the right ppl dont cut like that. that was pathetic....only good if you lose power and have to cut things lol

bluesh4rk 12-26-2007 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parknslide (Post 8108353)
There's another thread here about this cutter...the reviews were not favorable.

What is the link to the thread? I was looking around but couldn't find it.

nyoprinces 12-26-2007 11:29 AM

My mom gave me the one from the ad for Christmas - I like the decorative blades well enough, and probably won't return it, but it really cannot cut a straight line. I use my other rotary cutter for card bases and anything that needs to be truly a perpendicular cut.

parknslide 12-26-2007 11:44 AM

The other thread is entitled "Anyone Seen this...? in the Tool & Product Talk. I don't know how to link it to the discussion here.

Sairabee 12-26-2007 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyoprinces (Post 8111713)
My mom gave me the one from the ad for Christmas - I like the decorative blades well enough, and probably won't return it, but it really cannot cut a straight line. I use my other rotary cutter for card bases and anything that needs to be truly a perpendicular cut.

My Mom got me one too!

Sairabee 12-26-2007 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parknslide (Post 8111813)
The other thread is entitled "Anyone Seen this...? in the Tool & Product Talk. I don't know how to link it to the discussion here.

Here ya go!
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=309301

GarnetJ 12-26-2007 01:21 PM

Probably a different brand altogether, but one of the really big Print and Copy shops here has a cutter with a light underneath. It is extremely helpful to see exactly where the blade is going to be, especially when cutting paper with text -- you really need to get the cut totally parallel to the typed message.

I may just get one of the "Itty-Bitty Book Lights" to stick under my guillotine cutter as I wouldn't need a light at that angle very often.