Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-12-2009, 05:06 PM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Sizzix and Cuttlebug Machines

Can you use the Cuttlebug embossing plates in the original Sizzix Die Cutter? Thanks in advance for your help.

Ashley
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 05:11 PM   #2  
Forum Fanatic

Absolutly!
I actually use to do this myself previously. I already had teh orig Sizzix and couldnt see myself getting another when this one did the job. HOWEVER I did end up just buying teh cuddlebug cuz I got an awsome deal on one.

But anyways, Yes you can use almost any dies with the sizzix machine. You'll just need the converter and some adaptors. It's easy peasy though!

HAVE FUN!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 05:31 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use my embossing folders in my original red sizzix press a lot. I especially like it to emboss the back of envelopes really quickly, or if I am using the small ones on an already cut out circle or something, I use my sizzix press. I love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 05:46 PM   #4  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapNStampinMamaView Post
Absolutly!
I actually use to do this myself previously. I already had teh orig Sizzix and couldnt see myself getting another when this one did the job. HOWEVER I did end up just buying teh cuddlebug cuz I got an awsome deal on one.

But anyways, Yes you can use almost any dies with the sizzix machine. You'll just need the converter and some adaptors. It's easy peasy though!

HAVE FUN!
Please forgive me for sounding stupid, but I have no idea what the adaptor is for. I know what the convertor is for and I am ordering one tomorrow, but what do the adaptors do? Thanks.

Ashley
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 05:48 PM   #5  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsbynikkiView Post
I use my embossing folders in my original red sizzix press a lot. I especially like it to emboss the back of envelopes really quickly, or if I am using the small ones on an already cut out circle or something, I use my sizzix press. I love it!

I can't wait to put it to use. My husband bought it for me about 3 years ago and I think I used it once. I have the original Sizzix, tons of dies, way to many stamp sets and just added the Cricut to my collection this past summer. If I bring one more machine in this house my husband told me that I would have to move out so the machine would have room. lol.... Thanks for you wonderful ideas.

Ashley
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 05:49 PM   #6  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by barney2459View Post
Please forgive me for sounding stupid, but I have no idea what the adaptor is for. I know what the convertor is for and I am ordering one tomorrow, but what do the adaptors do? Thanks.

Ashley
Oh goodness LoL I am not even sure how to explain it myself. HaHa
The best thing I can tell you is they help make teh thickness of an actual sizzix die I guess.....Get what I am saying?
Sizzix has thick dies and cuddlebug/quickcutz/etc has the thinner dies so I would imagine that the adapters just take the place of the thickness that is missing. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 05:51 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

The adapter is a white spacer plate that allows you to use dies like the Nestabilities in the sizzix press. The converter is the magnetic one that snaps onto the press part of the machine, so that you can use your sizzlets.

If you want to use Nesties, you'll need the adapter. I know you can get it from Frantic Stamper. Just scroll until you see Universal Adapter (Sizzix) Mat.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 06:41 PM   #8  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsbynikkiView Post
The adapter is a white spacer plate that allows you to use dies like the Nestabilities in the sizzix press. The converter is the magnetic one that snaps onto the press part of the machine, so that you can use your sizzlets.

If you want to use Nesties, you'll need the adapter. I know you can get it from Frantic Stamper. Just scroll until you see Universal Adapter (Sizzix) Mat.
Actually the sizzix adapters are BLACK and they are like 2x2 or so in size... Them are what are reccomended for the original sizzix.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 02:07 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapNStampinMamaView Post
Actually the sizzix adapters are BLACK and they are like 2x2 or so in size... Them are what are reccomended for the original sizzix.
Oh I forgot about those, thanks for the reminder! I tried them but since they are only 2x2, I like the spacer plate better. With the 2x2, if you want to use the Nesties in the Sizzix press, you have to line up a bunch of the 2x2 on the cutting pad, then use your Nesties. If you get the spacer plate, it fits right on top of the cutting pad, and I have found it easier to use with the Nesties.

The 2x2 work for the sizzix sidekick really well though. I think it's all just what works for each individual person.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 06:05 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

I have had the original Sizzix for the longest time and have a few dies, but I was at M's the other day looking for a firetruck die cut and found a CB one, and bought it hoping it would work in the Sizzix...and it did! Love it! I was hoping I wouldn't break the Sizzix. I have the converter as I have some of the sizzlits. But it was so great to know that this small die cut worked in the Sizzix. I also have a couple CB emb folders and I love!

Thanks for the info!
Reply With Quote Likes