Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   In Trend colors in new caddy (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/trend-colors-new-caddy-186433/)

music1 09-26-2006 09:21 AM

In Trend colors in new caddy

Is it just me or do most of the new colors seem almost identical to either previous or existing colors?
(i.e. Cranberry Crisp=Baroque Burgandy, etc)
I haven't seen them in person just in catty tho.
Those who have the new colors, should I get inks/paper?

robynstamps 09-26-2006 09:26 AM

They might look like it a little in the catalog but they are really not that close together. I have them all and I can see that they are "new" colors and I love them all!! :D

Robyn

calbear1969 09-26-2006 10:38 AM

i think all the colors are beautiful and quite distinct from current catty colors - especially cool caribbean. i think cool caribbean is an absolute must and my two other favorite colors are cranberry crisp and true thyme. but i think that's only because i haven't really played with the others yet.

scoutpup 09-26-2006 11:21 AM

I have noticed the similarity bewteen cranberry and baroque and loved it. I was sad to see eggplant envy and baroque leave even though I also love the bravo and eggplant envy. I wanted them all!! I haven't compared the violet to the eggplant but that may explain why I like it so much.

However, the cool caribean is nothing like anything else and it is so needed!! I can't believe that they aren't going to carry that one over next year! I am going to stock up on it for sure! I can't wait to see what else they come up with!
Jodi

music1 09-26-2006 02:44 PM

Thanks!

I want to place my order tonight and it's great to know your first hand thoughts. Thanks for taking the time to reply; it really helps!
music1

SammyStamper 09-26-2006 02:57 PM

I have all the cardstock as well and they are near any other color. Cranberry isn't like Burgandy at all. I love the Caribbean too and the Thyme. The only one I have used yet is Marigold.

acable 09-26-2006 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by music1
I want to place my order tonight and it's great to know your first hand thoughts. Thanks for taking the time to reply; it really helps!
music1

I recommend Vintage Violet, which is a dusky purple unlike any other color SU has had, as far as I know. It is the perfect compliment color for Almost Amethyst. Marigold Morning is amazing with Apricot Appeal, with Cool Carribean goes awesomely with Taken with Teal or Tempting Turquoise. I don't care for Cranberry or Thyme, and Buckaroo Blue is too similar to Brocade Blue for me to spend money on it. HTH! :)

nmslmomto3 09-26-2006 03:02 PM

I agree with everything said, all the colors are different enough to need them. I love cranberry and thyme, and caribbean is a must, a much softer shade then tempting turquoise. I love the color of buckaroo blue, like a nice blue jean color and vintage violet, such a nice color too..lol. If you can't tell I love them all. Oh yes and marigold morning, such a nice yellow, yo yo yellow is too loud a yellow and I love summer sun, but it is a very bright yellow, marigold is a much more muted yellow and goes so well with the fall colors!