Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Suggestions for a verse to put on my craft room wall. (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/suggestions-verse-put-my-craft-room-wall-470121/)

hsmom69 11-29-2009 01:14 PM

Suggestions for a verse to put on my craft room wall.

I want to put up some kind of verse or something on my wall using vinyl lettering with my Cricut. Any suggestions??

Lisa

TheOtherMeg 11-29-2009 01:41 PM

Do you mean a bible verse or can it be a non-religious saying/quote?

craftjunkiesc 11-29-2009 02:14 PM

I pondered this very thing a few months back. I had it in my mind that I wanted a "Happiness is ...." saying, like they used to run in the comic section of the newspapers (at least when I was a kid). I finally went with "Happiness is Crafting" (cuz I do all kinds of crafts in this room) on one wall and "Family is Love" on another wall. I cut some flourishes from Cricut's Home Decor cartridge to go with them.

palmvalleystampers 11-29-2009 02:29 PM

The last part of Deut. 12:18 says: And thou shalt rejoice before the Lord thy God in all that thou puttest thin hands to do.

palmvalleystampers 11-29-2009 02:30 PM

The last part of Deut. 12:18 says: And thou shalt rejoice before the Lord thy God in all that thou puttest thine hands to do.

maconscrapper 11-29-2009 02:30 PM

My Scripture Reference in SB room

I used this one. Hope it shows up for you.http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...r/DSC_0005.jpg

maconscrapper 11-29-2009 02:33 PM

I really do like this a lot. "all I put in my hands..."

hsmom69 11-29-2009 03:59 PM

It doesn't necessarily have to be a bible verse. Although, I love the Deut. verse. I like Happiness is Crafting too.

Maconscrapper, love yours too. I just wish you hadn't shown me your craft room. Now, I'm dealing with jealousy! LOL Seriously though, your room is awesome! I love the table you have the jars sitting on. Do you have ribbon in all of them? What are in the files underneath? I'm fortunate to have a craft room but it's not nearly that nice, but I'm working on it.

Thanks for sharing!

9kids 11-29-2009 04:11 PM

I put "We do not remember days, we remember moments" on my scraproom wall.

crafterinnc 11-29-2009 08:34 PM

Karen, I have the same black island table - although I haven't put mine together yet. Keep trying to figure out how to organize my stamp room, and if I should make that my one black accent piece, and go with light woods or white for the rest of the room. It looks great in your room!

BuddysBaby 11-29-2009 10:03 PM

It's a long one, but my absolute favorite...

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." ~Erma Bombeck

maconscrapper 11-30-2009 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crafterinnc (Post 15630218)
Karen, I have the same black island table - although I haven't put mine together yet. Keep trying to figure out how to organize my stamp room, and if I should make that my one black accent piece, and go with light woods or white for the rest of the room. It looks great in your room!

I found the island at Big Lots. Extremely reasonable in price. Great storage, large work surface for those times you want to stand up and stamp or scrap. However, it took two evenings to put it together. The KEY is to make sure every single piece is exact or your TOP will not fit. LOL. Enjoy. I am slowing adding black accents to the room.

I have been in NC since Wednesday. Ashevill and Raliegh visiting family. Where are you?

maconscrapper 11-30-2009 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsmom69 (Post 15628905)
It doesn't necessarily have to be a bible verse. Although, I love the Deut. verse. I like Happiness is Crafting too.

Maconscrapper, love yours too. I just wish you hadn't shown me your craft room. Now, I'm dealing with jealousy! LOL Seriously though, your room is awesome! I love the table you have the jars sitting on. Do you have ribbon in all of them? What are in the files underneath? I'm fortunate to have a craft room but it's not nearly that nice, but I'm working on it.

Thanks for sharing!

Yard sale purchased jars to hold ribbons. The racks were found at an antiquw mall. Library book stands. It just holds my cropper hoppers and 12 x 12 paper. Yes, all that is paper. I sort by company. I keep scraps by color too.

jackie1 11-30-2009 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuddysBaby (Post 15630404)
It's a long one, but my absolute favorite...

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." ~Erma Bombeck

I love this quote, thanks for sharing it.

crafterinnc 11-30-2009 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maconscrapper (Post 15630486)
I found the island at Big Lots. Extremely reasonable in price. Great storage, large work surface for those times you want to stand up and stamp or scrap. However, it took two evenings to put it together. The KEY is to make sure every single piece is exact or your TOP will not fit. LOL. Enjoy. I am slowing adding black accents to the room.

I have been in NC since Wednesday. Ashevill and Raliegh visiting family. Where are you?

I'm near Charlotte. I got the island at Big Lots too, I thought it was a great looking piece. Thanks for the putting it together tips. I plan to use it as my cutting center - for my Big Shot and Wizard.

hsmom69 02-16-2010 10:36 AM

So I'm just now getting around to actually putting a verse on my wall. Just wondering if there are any more suggestions. I love what I've already read but still haven't found the "right" one yet.

Any others??

jansy 02-16-2010 12:04 PM

This is probably NOT what you're looking for...but I've got this on my wall:

There's a fine line between "hobby" and mental illness.

:oops:

LOL

mugsy1 02-16-2010 12:34 PM

i have "so many toys, so little time" on my wall. got the rub on at hobby lobby

shelley1010 02-16-2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jansy (Post 16143285)
This is probably NOT what you're looking for...but I've got this on my wall:

There's a fine line between "hobby" and mental illness.

:oops:

LOL

LMAO!!! This one is going on my wall asap!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

shelley1010 02-16-2010 12:46 PM

Jansy---I also like the line in your siggy....that may have to go up there, too!!

cardsbynikki 02-16-2010 04:17 PM

My friends and family tease me that I have a machine for everything (if they only knew....:D )

It's because when someone asks me how I created something or got something cut so perfectly, I usually open my mouth to tell them and my sister instead responds "she has a machine for that"

So above my craft space I am going to put "I have a machine for that". LOL!

Although I think it'd be funny to put "There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness"! LOL!! That one just makes me chuckle. "So many toys, so little time" is funny as well. Oh dang. Now I need to choose.

michellesscrap 02-16-2010 09:52 PM

Cherish every Moment

mugsy1 02-17-2010 04:28 AM

and it is a very fine line for me....i shouldnt be allowed into a paper aisle ever....and amazing that with all the stuff i have collected....there is still new and interesting stuff out there that i might just have to have.....a very fine line.

you have three good ones to choose from....

hsmom69 02-17-2010 06:31 AM

My daughter came up with this one. (She says I'm obsessive about everything. lol)

O.C.D
Obsessive
CREATIVE
Disorder

What do you think?

cropmom66 02-17-2010 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsmom69 (Post 16149026)
My daughter came up with this one. (She says I'm obsessive about everything. lol)

O.C.D
Obsessive
CREATIVE
Disorder

What do you think?

I love this!!! I also love the "mental illness" and there is a machine for that!! Would probably change mine to "There's a tool for that!" These are all great ideas! Great thread...I have been wanting to put something on my walls as well. There are great suggestions!

Chris

mugsy1 02-17-2010 09:25 AM

i really love OCD !!

Ridiculously Obsessed 02-17-2010 09:54 AM

Suggestions for a verse to put on my craft room wall

I always wanted to do a frame to hang in my craft room that says
"Ridiculously Obsessed".....because that is pretty much what I
am!!

stampinsparkler 02-17-2010 10:41 AM

My Favorite Artsey Quotes

Here are my two favorites- Both are on my art room wall:

"Art is the only way to run away without leaving home" (by Twyla Tharp - dancer)

"NObody gets in to see the Wizard - Not NObody, not NOhow!!" (from the Wizard of Oz of course ) . Actually this one would be better to hang on my scrap/stamp room door. It's a large wooden sign that is framed.