Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-29-2007, 09:03 AM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Copic markers feathering on white CS?

I just started playing with my few Copic markers last night and noticed that the ink was feathering out of the lines on my stamped image. Granted, I was coloring in a small part of the image, but still. I didn't expect the color to feather out of the lines (and I wasn't putting that much pressure either!).

So, I'm wondering....

Am I using the wrong CS for Copics? I was using Wausau Exact Index Premium Cardstock 90lb.

Are there specific cardstocks that work better/best with the Copics?

Has anyone else noticed this? Maybe I just need to use a better quality CS.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2007, 09:15 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

I just use GP white 110 lb. with my Copics. You do have to be careful, especially in small areas because they do tend to get away from you. I have the Sketch and sometimes I just barely touch pen to paper because it flows so easy. I am sure someone else can give you a more professional answer, this was just my 2 cents.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2007, 09:49 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Alana,

It's MONDAY! :shock: Not yet, eh?! :p Soon. Mine were 2 weeks beyond due date in both cases. They didn't stir until the doc said "pitocin". THEN, they decided it was time. :rolleyes:

OK, Copics and feathering.

Yes, it could partly be due to the c/s you are using. I use Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Cover Stock. I know you can get some in quantities smaller than a 250 sheet ream at Ellen Hutson, LLC. Ellen turned me onto this c/s originally for colored pencil work.

But, I honestly don't know if there's a "preferred or recommended card stock" specifically for Copics; Copic does have special papers designed for blending and use with alcohol markers, including an alcohol marker pad paper, which is very thin (you'd have to layer it or back it to card stock, I believe?).

I use Brilliance Graphite Black Pigment Ink, heat set prior to coloring, for my personal favorite results.

Feathering is more likely to occur with Sketch, due to the larger brush tip--it quickly saturates the paper. The fine tip on the Copic Original should have very minimal, if any at all, but, yes, it will probably depend on the ink and paper used, too . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2007, 09:51 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi, Alana! Sounds like Julie's got you covered but I just wanted to say 'hi!' That baby come yet?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2007, 01:27 PM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRRView Post
Alana,

It's MONDAY! :shock: Not yet, eh?! :p Soon. Mine were 2 weeks beyond due date in both cases. They didn't stir until the doc said "pitocin". THEN, they decided it was time. :rolleyes:
Hi Julie!!! Hi Novell!!!

No baby yet!!!:rolleyes: We went in today for a non-stress test and have to go back this afternoon for an ultrasound to check her amniotic fluid level. We have a final date though...if she doesn't appear on her own then we're being induced next Monday. I can't wait till she's here!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2007, 02:08 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well I hope everything goes well! Post a pic once she comes so we can see her beautiful face!
Reply With Quote Likes