Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   SU vs. CTMH Cardstock (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/su-vs-ctmh-cardstock-370654/)

MrsStack79 08-06-2008 01:07 PM

SU vs. CTMH Cardstock

Can anybody tell me if CTMH's cardstock is as thick as SU? I really like some of the CTMH's colors but I really don't want to order any if it's not as thick.

Thanks
Dawn

Joan B 08-06-2008 02:07 PM

It is not as thick as SU's.

*Laura* 08-06-2008 02:16 PM

Like Joan said, CTMH c/s is not as thick as SU's and another difference is that SU's paper is the same colour throughout, whereas CTMH is whitecored so you see the white in the middle if you do any tearing or sanding, etc.

okstamper 08-06-2008 02:25 PM

It's not as thick but I do like it because of the white underneath. You can really make it old time by ripping the edges and making it rugged. or better yet use it as background c/s.

Bonnie

Mom-of-one 08-06-2008 03:07 PM

:D I love both papers.

jajai80 08-06-2008 03:17 PM

my mom uses ctmh sometimes and has noticed that when you fold the paper the crease some white , but using it as background of for your scraping Iam sure would be fine, and they do have alot of great colors.

lauralooloo 08-06-2008 03:46 PM

the white showing through on the fold sometimes depends on which direction you fold. . . .you know how cardstock has a way that it "wants" to fold, and a way that is sort of going against the grain. And if you use a bone folder or something it helps perfect it as well.

i LOVE the white core of the CTMH cardstock - because I love to sand just about EVERYYYYTHING!!! :) I haven't ever used SU cardstock . . .but I have never had a problem or anything I didn't like about the CTMH.

BasketOHearts 08-06-2008 03:49 PM

If you are doing a lot of layers, for scrapbooking, as opposed to card bases, it is nice to have the lighter weight cardstock. CTMH is more scrapbook focused, so I think that makes sense.

scrapper66 08-06-2008 04:05 PM

I don't care for it as much as SU. The white core card stock is good for sanding etc., but the quality of SU's is much better and I am an avid scrapbooker. I have only begun to make cards in the last 5 months. While I love the designs of CTMH's designer papers, I can not stand the quality! It is so thin. It's like paper from the copy machine. I love Angel Co.'s patterned cardstock. It's awesome!

fresshe 08-06-2008 04:23 PM

I agree--both the cardstock and designer paper are thinner--however, I just folded a piece of the cardstock and none of the white showed through. The thinner designer paper is great for layering. CTMH dsp seems to be about the same thickness as some DaisyD that I have

Jovi 08-06-2008 04:23 PM

I now only use CTMH cardstock for cardmarking ;)

It is a lighter weight and does have a white core... and the colors are beautiful!

MSBetsyZ 08-06-2008 07:14 PM

They're both great papers. They are different, but both great. It just depends on the look you want. I prefer the weight of SU cardstock for card bases. The Whisper White is wonderful for stamping ON, but I just use it for layers, not the base.

CTMH's is great because it lets you do that great sanded look. And their layering papers are a nice light weight, too. And pretty, lol!

I'll bet you'll find good use for both brands in your stash!

HeatherHolbrook 08-07-2008 04:48 AM

I use CTMH cardstock for all my cards and have never had the white show through on the crease. It is a little lighter weight than SU but I add so many layers of cs usually that I like the fact the card doesn't get way too thick.

Plus using CTMH cs in a Cuttlebug folder and then sanding to show the white core is the bomb!!:)

Janet Angi 08-07-2008 05:02 AM

Stampin UP is thicker. The really nice thing about stampin up though is that the everything matches . I have used ctmh has well and I still like Stampin Up more.

fresshe 08-08-2008 09:20 AM

I was just re-arranging my finished papers and it feels to me like the new SU in colors are much thinner than the regular cardstock--has anyone else felt a difference???

teasom 08-08-2008 10:32 AM

I just sponge a little ink around my edges if I don't want the white core to show.

Erinlyn80 08-25-2008 11:12 PM

cardstock

My one gripe with CTMH cardstock, and perhaps this is also a problem with SU as well... I was doing a swap and got a new batch and the dyelot wasnt exactly the same. I was using Buttercup and one was bright and one was more pale. For companies that really advertise the matching aspect of things I thought this was really annoying. You'd think there'd be tighter dye lot control or something.

kristin9312 08-27-2008 11:08 AM

I use both su and CTMH. I love them both.

klhbenson 08-27-2008 12:29 PM

Because I only want ONE set of markers/ink pads/refills...and I make cards and scrapbook...I buy mainly SU. SU is thicker, and needed for cardmaking. I keep small amounts of CTMH on hand, because I love to rip their blues when making water scenes (automatic white caps!). I love dry embossing and sanding, so the white shows through. But I don't have their inks, so I'm very careful what colors I choose. If I only scrapbooked, then I probably would have choosen CTMH over SU. My neice sells CTMH, and I buy some recollection sets, some papers, stamps, and a very accessories from her. I sell SU! and she buys our real red , not quite navy, and brocade blue cardstocks, wheels, versamark refill bottles, envelopes, and some accessories from me.

kathy