Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   SU Scalloped Edge Punch - Anyone Tried This Yet? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/su-scalloped-edge-punch-anyone-tried-yet-374087/)

peebsmama 08-16-2008 01:18 PM

SU Scalloped Edge Punch - Anyone Tried This Yet?

I saw the new scalloped edge punch in the new catty and it looks interesting. Definitely a big time saver over using the corner rounder or slot punch along the edge of the paper over and over again. But the design of the punch looks similar to the Fiskars border punches which I have two of and haven't been pleased with (don't punch smoothly, don't punch all the way, jam, etc) so I'm skeptical to purchase this SU scalloped edge punch until I hear that it works well. Any reveiws yet? TIA

wagleg 08-16-2008 01:20 PM

I had a class on Thursday night and we used this. Not one person complained. Everyone was able to use it easily and loved it.

NancyL2648 08-16-2008 01:23 PM

I just ordered this punch. I just hope it's not going to be on backorder.

CarylA 08-16-2008 02:18 PM

I used this last week and thought it was great. I know what you mean about some of the Fiskars punches, but I didn't find that problem with the one from SU.

indyemmert 08-16-2008 02:19 PM

I love mine!

ashmanra 08-16-2008 03:04 PM

Mine is easy as pie to use! I love it.

mommyof3angels 08-16-2008 09:04 PM

I used one last night at stamp club. It is great! Here is a trick though: When you put your paper in, line up the punch in the middle of the paper edge so it is measured symmetrically (sp?) on each side. Punch, then move to one side and punch till you get to the end then move to the other side and punch till you get to the end. Don't forget to line up your scallops with the silver scallop marks on the punch base and Wa La! It worked very nicely!:)

Penascodragonfly 08-16-2008 09:08 PM

I love mine. It was easy to use. (I even let my 6 year old make some scallops). She used it too. No problems.

HoosierMama 08-17-2008 06:54 AM

Same with me - I even used it on some my PTI cardstock, which it cut right through. Normally I have to stick a border punch in the freezer for several minutes to cut the PTI paper. SU paper was no problem for me with the scallop punch. I love the fiskars border punches, but have had several break.

Enjoy it!

tlw411 08-17-2008 10:19 AM

Susan, Thanks for the question. I was wondering the same thing!!

misse336 08-17-2008 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierMama (Post 10962568)
Same with me - I even used it on some my PTI cardstock, which it cut right through. Normally I have to stick a border punch in the freezer for several minutes to cut the PTI paper. SU paper was no problem for me with the scallop punch. I love the fiskars border punches, but have had several break.

Enjoy it!

I've never heard of that before. Does it work to make the Martha Stewart punches go through SU and/or PTI paper more easily?

HoosierMama 08-17-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misse336 (Post 10964132)
I've never heard of that before. Does it work to make the Martha Stewart punches go through SU and/or PTI paper more easily?

Yes, I have the Martha Stewart lace edge punch which won't go through the heavier cardstock, like Papertrey's, without chilling in the freezer for about 15 minutes. The cold air causes the metal to contract just enough to cut through. After I take it out of the freezer it punches with no problem.

Muse 08-17-2008 11:48 AM

I used the new scalloped edge punch at a stamp camp last week. I am pretty new to stamping, but I loved it. It is already on my wishlist :D

Kath

Muse 08-17-2008 11:48 AM

I used the new scalloped edge punch at a stamp camp last week. I am pretty new to stamping, but I loved it. It is already on my wishlist:mrgreen:

Kath

annebarc 08-17-2008 12:40 PM

Well, I have had a couple of Fiskars edge punches literally fall apart when trying to use them. I mean the thing fell apart in my hands. I ordered the SU scalloped punch and hope that it is of better quality than the usual Fiskars products.
I don't generally buy fiskars products any more.

taiboo 08-17-2008 12:43 PM

I got the new punch several weeks ago and have used it at least a dozen times if n ot more...I love it.

flwrldy3 08-17-2008 12:51 PM

Used it Friday night and loved it. It punched very easily and smoothly. No ragged edges to try and smooth out. It's on my wishlist!

peebsmama 08-17-2008 01:08 PM

Thanks so much to all for your responses. I will definitely be ordering this now.

buttons2 08-17-2008 01:08 PM

I'm glad to hear this good news. It's on my wish list; and, like several of you, I've had the Fiskars' literally fall apart and end up in the trash can so I'm very leary about buying any more of theirs. Thanks for the comments.

Wanda

tropicallady 08-17-2008 01:31 PM

wonderful

I am wondering how I ever got along without it.... I made some awesome cards with it!

CAKath 08-17-2008 10:21 PM

I'm a SU Demo, so we get to order early. I ordered this punch right away. It is intuitive and very easy to use. I would recommend it to anyone.

Gavlinne 08-18-2008 01:32 AM

I had the same trouble with my fiskars scissors set (about 18 pair) , so I wrote to the company and they offered me a full replacement or other product to replace it. Perhaps you should do the same. They really should be made aware that some of their products are poor quality and they are loosing customers as a result!

Happy Heart 08-18-2008 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierMama (Post 10964680)
Yes, I have the Martha Stewart lace edge punch which won't go through the heavier cardstock, like Papertrey's, without chilling in the freezer for about 15 minutes. The cold air causes the metal to contract just enough to cut through. After I take it out of the freezer it punches with no problem.

Brilliant! I love it when people use science to solve life's little problems. I'm ashamed to say that I'd never have thought of that![IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/icons/icon11.gif[/IMG]

Stampin' Adventurer 08-18-2008 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Heart (Post 10971258)
Brilliant! I love it when people use science to solve life's little problems. I'm ashamed to say that I'd never have thought of that![IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/icons/icon11.gif[/IMG]

I wish I had thought of that before I returned mine for not punching properly. Oh, well, more money towards the SU! punch.

luna2001 08-18-2008 08:25 AM

I had a class on friday, and we used this punch and we all loved it

geojenc 08-18-2008 12:17 PM

I used it at a stamping party that I went to recently and I loved it. It is on my list of things to get:)

MSBetsyZ 08-18-2008 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttons2 (Post 10965443)
I'm glad to hear this good news. It's on my wish list; and, like several of you, I've had the Fiskars' literally fall apart and end up in the trash can so I'm very leary about buying any more of theirs. Thanks for the comments.

Wanda

Fiskars has excellent customer service, fortunately. Don't just toss product, that's money down the drain, lol! Call their 800 number -- it's on their website. I've never had anything but superb results. Give 'em a chance to make it right. (But do buy the Stampin Up punch, lol!!)

Ladystamper920 08-18-2008 01:07 PM

I absolutely love the new SU scallopped edge punch. Last week we used it at a workshop and just about every guest ordered that punch.

nuhddad 08-18-2008 01:09 PM

Love it and I'm punched challenged with lining things up. This one was easy.

ch 08-18-2008 01:13 PM

Have it--love it!

Cynamom 08-18-2008 01:22 PM

Can someone post links to gallery things they made with it? I have it but haven't really used it yet, and I'd love to see some ideas.

Cindy

GreenDragonLady 08-18-2008 01:36 PM

Here's my card: Monkey

nancystamps 08-18-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof3angels (Post 10960979)
I used one last night at stamp club. It is great! Here is a trick though: When you put your paper in, line up the punch in the middle of the paper edge so it is measured symmetrically (sp?) on each side. Punch, then move to one side and punch till you get to the end then move to the other side and punch till you get to the end. Don't forget to line up your scallops with the silver scallop marks on the punch base and Wa La! It worked very nicely!:)

How wide (or long) a border does this punch make? I was under the impression it would go across a whole card.

Sibilance7 08-18-2008 05:49 PM

I thought the SU punch was made by Fiskars - am I wrong about that? If I'm right, is it available from a non-SU source where I could use a 40% off coupon?

GreenDragonLady 08-18-2008 05:50 PM

I'm pretty sure it's EK success. I'm not at home right now, so I can't check.

tropicallady 08-18-2008 05:50 PM

EK Success

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sibilance7 (Post 10980409)
I thought the SU punch was made by Fiskars - am I wrong about that? If I'm right, is it available from a non-SU source where I could use a 40% off coupon?

The SU scallop edge punch is made by EK Success (Paper Shapers). HTH!

StampinCalgary 08-18-2008 10:11 PM

This is now my favourite punch!

Laura :) 08-19-2008 03:52 AM

great to hear reviews.... I ordered mine and hope to get it next week :)

And thanks for the tip about freezing punches - never heard of that, but it sounds logical.

shadowkat1283 08-19-2008 05:21 AM

I used this punch at a class last week and just loved it. It's on my list to order from the new catty!

Kathy

Debra Hogg 08-19-2008 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierMama (Post 10964680)

Oh man I'll have to try that one!!! Love that idea