Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-10-2010, 07:33 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can I fit a cupcake in the Mini Milk Carton die?

I am going to get this, between my BFF and I we plan a lot of parties, not to mention my own baby shower is coming up. I think it's great for favors. (now to find a small metal shopping cart like in the catty to display them in because ohmyheck that's adorable!)

For my own shower i was thinking of doing cupcakes in them as favors. Would cucakes fit? we have a rad cucake shop in town and they are delicious, so I think that would be a great favor, I'm weird about stupid crappy favors that you don't really expect anyone to use or love after, a cupcake is yummy, you eat it and then you move on...

If not I'll put either trail mix or candy in (I'm doing Woodland Creatures as my theme) and that will be fine. I'm still deciding if I'm going to do it as just the carton or spend the time and make them all individual birdhouses. Can you imagine how cute if I had them all different but coordinated birdhouses? Decoration AND favor!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2010, 08:59 PM   #2  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin KView Post
I am going to get this, between my BFF and I we plan a lot of parties, not to mention my own baby shower is coming up. I think it's great for favors. (now to find a small metal shopping cart like in the catty to display them in because ohmyheck that's adorable!)

For my own shower i was thinking of doing cupcakes in them as favors. Would cucakes fit? we have a rad cucake shop in town and they are delicious, so I think that would be a great favor, I'm weird about stupid crappy favors that you don't really expect anyone to use or love after, a cupcake is yummy, you eat it and then you move on...

If not I'll put either trail mix or candy in (I'm doing Woodland Creatures as my theme) and that will be fine. I'm still deciding if I'm going to do it as just the carton or spend the time and make them all individual birdhouses. Can you imagine how cute if I had them all different but coordinated birdhouses? Decoration AND favor!
Congratulations!

The SU mini milk carton is too small for cupcakes, unless they're super mini and probably not frosted. The carton measures about 1.5" on all sides and is about 2" tall to the bottom of the "roof" portion.

If you're interested in the mini grocery cart, I found it in two places (yup, I thought they were so adorable, and had to order one for myself!):

http://www.kitchencollection.com/Tem...m?sku=01075712

http://www.artisticgiftbaskets.com/p...s_id=5061&c=17
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2010, 11:48 PM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Fay, thanks for the links for the adorable mini shopping carts.

Erin, here is a link for a free tutorial for an oven that holds a cupcake:
http://www.clearandsimplestampsonlin...enTutorial.pdf
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2010, 04:36 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks guys! Lisa, is that a baby polar bear in a basket as your avatar??? CUTE
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2010, 05:18 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Erin, yes, my avatar is a baby polar bear. His name is Wilbar, which is a combination of the Wilhelme Zoo in Stuttgart where he was born and bar which is bear in German. He's no longer a baby though.

Have fun making your baby shower favors. Hope we get to see a picture when they are finished.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2010, 07:03 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Photos for sure. I'm very excited now that I've finally picked a theme. I was between this and "under the sea" but I'm happy I picked this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2010, 08:09 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok more questions and info on the baby shower you had no idea you were helping me plan, haha.

1. Do owls ever live in bird houses? I want to do that adorable birdhouse out of the milk carton, but I really love the owl punch, and don't love the other bird. I could no no bird in there of course, but would the owl work? I know they mostly live in trees, but maybe?

2. What do you guys think of these: http://www.etsy.com/listing/49573565...ke-toppers-set I LOVE them. I could make similar with stamps and punches but seriously who has the time? And they are SO cute! If you look at her last pic that has the other animals she can make you will swoon for cuteness. I'm sure she'd do a custom listing for me as I need more than 12 so I could get some of those other animals. Love the fox and chipmunk the most.

3. For invites I think I'm going to keep it simple, either stamp a critter or do the owl punch then just "you're invited" on the outside and the details on the inside. I'm thinking on kraft (crumb cake) cardstock. Maybe some woodgrain background action too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2010, 08:27 AM   #8  
Embossing Fanatic

Do you have a Cricut? Those toothpick creatures look like Cricut cuts...

Martha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2010, 08:49 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hmmm, Roniece has one. I wonder... Is there a cricut site I can look at them.. I'm gonna go look. I'll let you know, thanks martha!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2010, 08:58 AM   #10  
Inking Addict

I just had to order the shopping cart. Way too cute!!!! Thanks for the links!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2010, 05:24 AM   #11  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martha JView Post
Do you have a Cricut? Those toothpick creatures look like Cricut cuts...

Martha
Yes, they're from a Cricut cartridge. Seriously, though, for the Etsy price I'd go ahead and buy them already made. By the time you bought the paper in all the different colors and the picks, and then spent the time cutting everything out and piecing them together, you'd kick yourself for not spending the 10 bucks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2010, 05:56 AM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

My Wal-Mart has those new Cricut cartridges in stock and one of them is specifically cupcake wrappers. Can you believe a whole cartridge dedicated to cupcake wrappers. They looked really cute. You might take a look at them next time you're at WM.
Reply With Quote Likes