Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   SU Digital Downloads (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/su-digital-downloads-543953/)

frogwoman 12-09-2011 12:15 PM

SU Digital Downloads

Hi,

I was wondering if I could use SU Digital downloads in other programs or if they can only be used in SU's software.

Thanks!

Wendy

MSBetsyZ 12-09-2011 12:54 PM

They can be used in any program. When you purchase and go to download, the system asks you to choose your format and whether you want to use it in MDS or not. Love it that it's so versatile...

frogwoman 12-09-2011 03:15 PM

Thank you! I am glad I can get the cute paper pack I am wanting.

RosieLP 12-10-2011 01:19 PM

Can I just get some clarification on your answer, Betsy? Are you saying I can download only those digital images I want from the SU website, and I can bring them into photoshop? And that I'd be able resize those images and color them using photoshop?

I don't have SU software, either, and I don't want to pay for that software, either, if photoshop can do the trick.

stampencamper 12-11-2011 05:49 AM

what programs does SU suggest other then their own? I don't want to purchase or temporarily download photoshop, because I am not a scrapper anymore, and don't want to purchase it just for cards. I do use the paint program and have been able to resize digital images there. I do not like SU digital with this program, because you have to print a full page of all the images, not being able to use one image to download. Does anyone else use this program, if your computer has paint, it works with digital images

RosieLP 12-11-2011 07:31 AM

I'd like these answers, too, Carolyn.
I asked my SU demonstrator about this and she doesn't have a clue.

craftymomto2 12-11-2011 08:24 AM

Patty Bennett is a whiz with MDS, here is a link to her blog, if your scroll down you will she some information she has on downloads:

My Digital Studio - Additional Downloads Available - Patty's Stamping Spot

RosieLP 12-11-2011 09:43 AM

THANK YOU SO MUCH, MARY!

craftymomto2 12-11-2011 10:03 AM

Glad to help! :)

muscrat 12-11-2011 05:21 PM

I bought a digital CD from SU and I have used the pictures in Microsoft Word and Paint and Photo Studio. In Word, you just insert picture like you would any other picture.

lovemycards 12-12-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosieLP (Post 18994682)
Can I just get some clarification on your answer, Betsy? Are you saying I can download only those digital images I want from the SU website, and I can bring them into photoshop? And that I'd be able resize those images and color them using photoshop?

I don't have SU software, either, and I don't want to pay for that software, either, if photoshop can do the trick.

Yes, you can download the digital images and pull them up in Photoshop. You can resize, crop, color, do whatever you are able to manipulate in Photoshop. Just get a cheap download and try it out!

RosieLP 12-13-2011 04:36 AM

FYI for anyone using Photoshop:

The SU digital stamp sets are created as brushes/brush sets. I downloaded an inexpensive stamp to test how well using Photoshop worked and it worked beautifully. So, you need to know that you will need to add the SU digital stamp as a BRUSH so you can manipulate the image.