Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-15-2018, 04:57 AM   #1  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 319 Likes on 158 Posts
Default Storing finetec/coliro wc pans

I have a bunch of the Finetec (now also Coliro) metallic WC pans...like dozens of them.

For a good explanation about them and company name changes, etc Kristina werner did a good one

You can buy empty storage boxes for them (they have a thing on the back you "plug" them in) but only up to 12 pots. (at John Neal bookseller John Neal, Bookseller: Calligraphy Supplies, Pens, Ink, Calligraphy Books, Bookbinding Supplies, Bookbinding Books , they have the most extensive collection of them I have found and the pricing is not bad, but their shipping is high)

So I contacted both Finetec and Coliro in Germany to ask if they would consider making empty ones with like 36 slots. So a person does not have to have 6 or more of these bunging around.

Finetec never answered me but Coliro did the next day (this am) and said I am the first person who has asked for this and they will consider it. They want to ask around and see if other people want it too. So that was pretty cool.

I know there are little pots you can put the pans into and then store those but that gets expensive and more space consuming.

Because they are like legos and have a stem on their backs to be plugged into the storage box you cant just put them in a storage unless it is tight I think?

If someone else has a solution I would love to hear it.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2018, 05:00 AM   #2  
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh also...while KW mentions the two production companies casually...they see themselves as competition. Just FYI. So asking one for something that will accommodate both the new square and old rounds pans...they politely let me know. LOL But I thought they both plugged in fine, the squares might be a bit looser but being squares, they wont spin.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2018, 08:02 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

This is a quote from the John Neal site: "Finetec is changing the name of its metallic, pearl, & moir colors to Coliro. The paints are not changing, just their name."

It makes one wonder exactly what the status is; are they separate companies or not?

I love these paints, but only have the first set - the golds. When Twinkling H2O's came out, I went nuts and bought every color I could find. Only to find out when I used them, I really didn't like the way they looked. To have to prep them before use and then let them sit uncovered until they dried wasn't my cup of tea. I know the Finetecs are different, but I've been hesitant to buy more than one set. I have discovered if I want shimmer with my watercolor paints, I use iridescent medium especially for watercolors. So for 10 bucks (less with a coupon) you make any watercolor as shimmery as you want.

I'm just a hop, skip and a jump from the John Neal bookstore, but I'm afraid if I ever went in there, I'd have to mortgage my house!

Another tip: if you want gold shimmer or splatter, the best, well the cheapest, stuff you can buy is Sargent Watercolor Magic, the Metallic Gold Liquid; 8 oz/$5: But it works great. I found some at Hobby Lobby.

https://www.amazon.com/Sargent-Art-2.../dp/B004DEMY2G

Last edited by uncbballfan; 05-16-2018 at 08:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2018, 08:39 PM   #4  
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks for that tip Linda!
I find I have to let water sit on Finetec myself. My golds actually started with Starry Night from Gansai. So now I have a lot of golds! LOL

And just FYI-some of them wont show up on anything but black/dark paper...the iridescent group.

Finetec owners are the genetic parents of the lady I talk to at Coliro. So those two companies are related. There is another company Kristina mentioned with Seelig in the name that the US distributor of Finetec (alvin or albin) asked to mfg bc they could not keep up with demand. Coliro said the square pans come from this competitor. I am not sure yet why they are allowed to use the Finetec name. I have to ask.

If my parents allowed mfg rights to another company when I was the sole one up to then I might be a little ticked off LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes