Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Stamping Scrub (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/stamping-scrub-293566/)

cathykeck 10-15-2007 05:33 PM

Stamping Scrub

How do you clean the stampin scrub that is sold by SU?? I have had mine for about a year and didn't use it for a while because I just used my DH socks, but now he says no more wasted socks so I have to use the scrub:mrgreen: . Now I have used a black stamp and a white craft stamp and it is nasty. Do you just put it in the sink??

steubner 10-15-2007 05:35 PM

I run mine under water and kind of "brush" it with my hands until the water runs clear. If there's anything stubborn, I put a little dish soap on there.

meluvstampin 10-15-2007 07:02 PM

I just rinse mine off with hot water for a bit - sometimes I will spritz it with a little bit of stamp cleaner for the stubborn ink and rinse again. Then I just let it dry overnight in the dish rack. I know I need to get replacement pads again as mine are a few years old and getting really beat up!

basketballmom 10-15-2007 09:08 PM

Lots and lots of people put it in the dishwasher - just take it out before the heat dry cycle!

Our dishwasher doesn't work well on dishes, so I haven't tried it on my scrub - I use some dishsoap and scrub with my fingertips.

Which reminds me ... time to clean them again! :)

MikiBee 10-16-2007 07:12 AM

I run mine under warm water and some soap-- either hand soap or dish soap. I scrub with my fingertips and rinse. Sometimes this takes a couple of times before it runs clear.

chattiekathie 10-16-2007 10:31 AM

Socks? Really?

cindybstampin 10-17-2007 07:04 AM

I rinse mine too but I love to let it dry out in the sunshine, it naturally bleaches some of the red out!

seeyoustampin 10-17-2007 07:07 AM

I hand wash mine as others have said. I once tried it in the dishwasher (heat fry off) and they came out warped and still wont go completely flat. I wqont ever do that again!

RCB 10-18-2007 09:01 AM

I have only ever washed mine by hand. I've been afraid to put it in the dishwasher. I find that it just takes a few minutes to scrub it with my fingertips (with a drop or two of detergent), then let it dry overnight in my dish-drying rack.

momis mama 10-18-2007 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCB (Post 7484258)
I have only ever washed mine by hand. I've been afraid to put it in the dishwasher. I find that it just takes a few minutes to scrub it with my fingertips (with a drop or two of detergent), then let it dry overnight in my dish-drying rack.

DITTO!

sprtchick 10-18-2007 10:30 AM

I wash mine in the dishwasher with no problmes...use top rack with heat dry OFF. Or I use the washing machine on gentle cycle with cold water and a dab of laundry soap. I usually wait til all 4 of mine are dirty before washing. I have had no problems doing them this way. I leave them out to air dry after washing.

thechecker 10-18-2007 10:42 AM

Don't forget to replace the pads once in a while! I was always having to wipe the gray foam off my stamps after washing- even when I just cleaned the pad- but I got new pads and it is fabulous and doesn't happen any more! If you compare the two sets, you can see the old set is worn and has much less scrubbers left on it.... so it didn't soak up enough to dry the stamps!

Anne