Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Stamp & write markers really refillable?? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/stamp-write-markers-really-refillable-640424/)

Chalaney 01-02-2022 07:05 PM

Stamp & write markers really refillable??

Hello everyone and a Happy New Year to you all :)
I have read the forums and watched videos on refilling the markers. I know the distress markers are not refillable (even though I just HAD to try it).. they are basically the same concept as the Stampin' Up ones so I figured why not. The outcome was very disappointing to say the least. Not to mention the wasted ink used in my "experiment." The "refresher spray" didn't do any good either.

What I want to know is does this REALLY, REALLY work with the stampin write markers? I can purchase some used ones but if they arrive on the dry side will reinking them work? I hate throwing away good money after bad.
Thank you all :)

justampin 01-03-2022 03:39 AM

I refill mine and I also have replaced the nibs. I have stampin write markers that are at least 20 years old.

Chalaney 01-03-2022 11:35 AM

Thanks Heather!

Alice in Md 01-03-2022 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justampin (Post 22140388)
I refill mine and I also have replaced the nibs. I have stampin write markers that are at least 20 years old.

Please remind me where to buy the nibs. I know I've seen videos of the refilling-and-changing-nibs process, and the time has come to do it. Too many markers are way too dry.

mungojerry 01-03-2022 04:54 PM

Chalaney 01-04-2022 07:47 AM

replacement nibs

I purchased nibs from here.. they are NOT made by stampin up but work perfectly.
Tips 4 Markers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alice in Md (Post 22140513)
Please remind me where to buy the nibs. I know I've seen videos of the refilling-and-changing-nibs process, and the time has come to do it. Too many markers are way too dry.

lylacfey 01-06-2022 05:15 AM

I am frugal so I won't pay for expensive refillable items that in theory are not refillable.

One of the reasons I bought the SU marker's is because they are refillable. Reinking them does work. I have had mine for close to fifteen years. They are still pristine. I am not a demo. I buy all my SU things off of Ebay. I did purchase my marker's new though. Back then it was a good deal. I have bought a few more colors from Ebay. I never had a problem giving them new life. I hope that helps.

Chalaney 01-06-2022 05:42 PM

Thanks...I did get my "used" markers and 2 of them were on the dry side. I "refilled" them and they work great! ::happy dance:: :)

Boss 01-10-2022 01:04 PM

I have been searching for replacement nibs for SU markers for years. I am so thankful I saw this thread and that it had links to the place to order.
And I am also delighted to know the markers can be refilled so easily! The video showing how to do it is excellent. I am looking forward to refreshing some of my ancient SU markers that have been on the dry side for a long time.
Thank you to everyone who has chimed in and added info!

kazeka 01-10-2022 07:37 PM

Does anyone know if the thin tip on these markers can be made to work again? I have a bunch of them that have never really worked on the thin end, even though the brush end works perfectly. Thanks.
Karen

suarezwalsh 01-16-2022 06:48 AM

Bump to the top hoping for someone’s experience. I’m wondering about the thin, writing end of the Stampin’ markers, too.