Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Spica Clear Glitter Pen (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/spica-clear-glitter-pen-322372/)

smallcity 02-06-2008 05:07 PM

Spica Clear Glitter Pen

I got a couple of clear spica glitter pens about 2 weeks ago, can't even remember where i ordered them from. I can't get anything to come out. Am i doing something wrong. It says not to shake them. Any suggestions?
thanks
smallcity

airbornewife 02-06-2008 05:17 PM

I am not sure about those pens, but the gel pens have a rubbery part on the tip that you have to remove before using. Pam

miamiscrapper 02-06-2008 05:23 PM

I have them too and thought that they weren't working when I first got them. Try writing on a piece of colored piece of paper and look at it from the side. The tip writes very fine and the glitter is very faint.

anniesmom 02-07-2008 05:16 AM

I have these and I truly prefer the Sakura Stardust pen to the Spica clear. I have several of the Sakura pens and compared them to the Spicas I just ordered and I prefer them to Spicas. The Sakura have a much better shimmer and more glitter. I think they also write smoother. The great thing is you can get the Sakuras (in colors) at M's. I got my clears - 2 pack at Joann's. This is just my opinion.

parrothead 02-07-2008 06:38 AM

This happened to some at my LSS and they got in touch with the company...lay them horizontal for 24 hours...they are supposed to be stored flat and never shake them or drop them.They might have been messed up during shipping. This is what happened to mine and now they are fine. I love mine.....I prefer them over any others.

arcopes 02-07-2008 06:57 AM

I just got one, and it won't even put out any glitter at all! I can write all the way across a piece of colored CS and I may see one or two glints of sparkle. I think I got a dud. Oh, and I've stored it on it's side since I got it!

jennelf 02-07-2008 07:00 AM

parrothead gave some great advice!

smallcity 02-07-2008 02:57 PM

Spica glitter pens

Mine are stored flat, i have not shaken them, so i guess they were duds to begin with. I have thrown away the invoice. I don't think i will spend good money on any more of these. I bought 2 clear ones thinking i would love them. oh well, live and learn.
smallcity

parrothead 02-07-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallcity (Post 8689616)
Mine are stored flat, i have not shaken them, so i guess they were duds to begin with. I have thrown away the invoice. I don't think i will spend good money on any more of these. I bought 2 clear ones thinking i would love them. oh well, live and learn.
smallcity

I'm really sorry you didn't have good luck with them...that was my impression at the start until I got them to work. I have 2 of every color(because I use them so much, I didn't wanna run out). I love them and don't think anything on the market is close to their sparkle...as people say....in my opinion.

basketgirl 02-07-2008 03:44 PM

Mine are duds also. So disappointed!!! I love sparkle!!!!!!!!!!!

parrothead 02-07-2008 04:31 PM

For all of ya'll having problems.. I would take them back or send them back if you are disappointed in them. I bought mine at my LSS,but I feel sure Ellen will take them back if you got them from her....most of the online sites here have really good service.

curias 02-08-2008 07:23 AM

That's too bad they didn't work for you. I have the whole set and love them!! They are beautiful!!

arcopes 02-08-2008 01:50 PM

anyone else have problems?

denidill 02-08-2008 02:43 PM

I bought a set from Ellen Hutson and LOVE them! I know it is important to not press firmly. Just a light touch is needed to get more flow.

I like the Spica clear pen better than the Sakura because it is a true clear. If you compare them on a piece of paper, the Sakura pen comes out silver. The Spica is clear and does not change your color underneath. Just gives it glitter and shimmer. I have been using my 12 colors on everything I have been making. I can't say enough about these fabulous pens.

Not sure why they would not work. I would phone and get a refund.

ckidd 02-08-2008 03:03 PM

I think my Clear Spica is a dud too. I get a little sparkle but not a lot. I saw this blog entry:
http://paperfections.typepad.com/pap...atyou-spi.html
which convinces me, because I don't have nearly as much ink flow as she has in this picture. I got mine from Ellen, but it has been awhile, so I doubt I can have it replaced.

Connie

crazycatstamper 02-08-2008 03:26 PM

I got mine from Ellen and they work fine! I did have an issue with the red one... when I went to take the cap off, the whole insert part of the pen came with it! But nothing that a dot of super glue didn't fix right up! If it hadn't, I would have contacted her for an exchange! I still like my Stardust pen and will use it, especially for edging, but if I am applying glitter over color, the Spica clear is the way to go!

Joan B 02-09-2008 08:30 AM

I have one and don't care for it. I hardly get any sparkle at all. I kept expecting huge chunks of sparkle to come out of that tiny pen!! Even the sparkle on Sharon's website isn't very sparkly. I guess it is just a matter of taste.

Kezza22 02-12-2008 05:06 AM

I think I need to play with mine a little more, I got some in the post last week and the clear appeared to gunk out when I started to write with it... not sure if it is me or then pen?

MollyStamps 02-12-2008 05:35 AM

Interesting to see your responses. My clear glitter pen is tempermental. I took it to a stamp shoebox swap on Sat. My card had a Kewpie with the wings to be glittered with this pen. I think some of the gals just pressed too hard when using it. Works better if just dotted on. Doesn't put out as much glitter now, and it's brand new! Been stored flat.

Molly

Island Chick 02-12-2008 06:01 AM

I happened to buy my first Spica glitter pen yesterday, along with some more Sakura ones, and I noticed as I was testing the pens in the store that the color of the ink in the Spica pens is not as "concentrated" as the Sakuras, and that you have to go over the spot you're coloring more times to get stong color and a lot of sparkle. In the end, I think the Spica pens sparkle just as much as the Sakuras, the look of the glitter is slightly different, and the pens just take a little getting to used to. I don't have any regrets buying the Spica and I think I'll enjoy using it :)