Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Spellbinders Platinum assistance needed (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/spellbinders-platinum-assistance-needed-605216/)

Scrapfever2 11-07-2015 08:50 AM

Spellbinders Platinum assistance needed

Anyone figured out how to use CB embossing folders in this machine yet? What is the secret sandwich?

SherylH 11-13-2015 07:52 AM

Sorry can't help with the sandwich for the CB embossing folders but I am wondering what you think of the new Platinum machine. Thanks.

Scrapfever2 11-13-2015 06:17 PM

I really like it! It cuts like butter and can take bigger dies and embossing folders.

The sandwich for CB embossing folders is white platform, embossing folder with cardstock, blue embossing plate. Works like a charm.

SherylH 11-13-2015 06:23 PM

Thanks Laurie! Now I just have to wait for it to get to Canada as shipping from the US is at least 1/2 the cost of the machine.

etsdas 03-29-2017 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapfever2 (Post 21116656)
I really like it! It cuts like butter and can take bigger dies and embossing folders.

The sandwich for CB embossing folders is white platform, embossing folder with cardstock, blue embossing plate. Works like a charm.

I feel like the instruction manual is inadequate.

I did try your sandwich (white plate, EF, and blue plate). It did not readily go through, and I did not want to force it. So I tried: white platform, EF, clear plate, and an old cuttlebug rubber mat. Worked fine, and no forcing. I suspect using cardboard shims would also work, with some experimentation.

shazsilverwolf 03-30-2017 05:23 AM

I think this just reinforces the info that not all machines are exactly the same. Dorothy, you did the wise thing and tried a thinner sandwich. I've seen sandwiches used for the Cuttlebug on You Tube that go through the users machine fine, but are way too thick for mine.
I always take something out of the sandwich, then shim till I get it right. Then figure out if I can swap out the shims for a thicker one, or even a plate. Better wasted paper with poor embossing, than a broken machine!

etsdas 03-30-2017 05:34 AM

Thanks. I learned from experience. My Vagabond just died because I got in a hurry and used a thick plate when I should have used a thinner one. It is unforgiving.
Since I seem to find it impossible to create cards without die cuts or embossing, I just got what was available locally. I did score at Michaels with a 60% off coupon - good only yesterday! (I should add that the Vagabond must have had uneven rollers for a while, as it was not cutting or embossing evenly, so I did not mourn that loss too much!)

shazsilverwolf 03-30-2017 06:53 AM

The Vagabond seems to have been plagued with issues, I'm glad I didn't go there,lol. I had a 'Bug, and a BSPro, as well as an original Silhouette, so no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't justify it to myself!