Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-08-2018, 10:53 AM   #1  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

Default spectrum noir from tuesday morning

today I was at tuesday Morning an d found two boxes of 24 SN markers for 19.99 each, under $1 per pen. I bought them and came home to investigate what I have. the boxes are marked Florals and Essentials, the markers are round. They do not have a number affiliated with each marker. I looked at the empty color charts online and they all had a a color name and number. I am not sure what I have here. I can't use the charts to see where I would be filling in colors since the boxed sets are what I understand to bne fill in colors for the original 72 markers.
Any ideas why these wouldn't have color id #'s?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-08-2018, 04:12 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I watched a portion of someone's video that showed those Spectrum Noir Basics...in 3 different sets, including the florals and essentials you mentioned. She showed that they have a color chart on the back of the box and the colors are named, with the color name on the caps.

I'm wondering if SN is making a different "grade" of marker? Or since there are some problems with too many of the professional markers that are the same color when they should be different, if they are making a different formulation of marker. It is worth investigating. I have a complete set of the SN professional (hexagon barrel and numbers for the colors) and have too many duplicate colors in the older color groups.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Old 03-08-2018, 05:31 PM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

I couldn't find any information about them online either. I wanted to see if I would have duplicates before buying. No such luck. However, when I made a color chart of my own with the first set, I liked them enough to go back and grab a second set. (I would have grabbed the third, but they were all gone.) I decided I'd be leaving these in the box.

I do think that three of my markers in the essentials box were capped incorrectly-- like the one with the rose caps was very pale and had no pink (so I think that it was more properly eggshell). I just did out my swatches and changed the caps to what I think are the right markers, because the barrels aren't labeled. But the cap for rose was also practically white, so I dunno. But they didn't match the swatches on the box at all.
Old 03-09-2018, 02:06 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

I'm not 100% certain I am right, but about 95%. If my memory is serving me correctly, when Spectrum Noir were first launched, the marker barrels were round. There were a number of problems with them, and the markers were redone. This time the barrel was a hexagonal shape. These also have a numbering system similar to Copics on the end.
So, if these are round, and have no number,it's likely they are quite a few years old. You may be able to match up the shades by comparison to the new charts, assuming the colours released have been the same.
Here is a link to the Crafters Companion Spectrum Noir Colour range page. HTH.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:09 AM   #5  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

thanks for these responses, still a bit confused about them the crafters companion color range is a good chart, thanks for that one
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2018, 04:53 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Actually the old Spectrum Noir markers were square with an odd-shaped cap.

So, it appears that this line of "basics" is a new line.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:37 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

I will have to find where I rad on this - I think these markers were made for selling at TM, and they aren't the same quality as the regular ones.

I'll post when I find the link.
Old 03-09-2018, 04:34 PM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazorkayView Post
I will have to find where I rad on this - I think these markers were made for selling at TM, and they aren't the same quality as the regular ones.

I'll post when I find the link.
I would believe that they were made just for TM, but I wonder what made someone say they aren't the same quality. I thought they were quite nice. Maybe it's just that I don't use my regular spectrum noirs enough to tell the difference. LOL.
Old 03-11-2018, 01:42 PM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

I bought some too. They are very different from the similarly named Hobby Lobby ones and I was surprised that I needed to research to join the colors and numbers. Despite this, I think they seem like a good addition and the price was great. I would like to think that the quality is the same because who would want their name associated with an inferior product.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:18 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

"If any body wants to know the Spectrum Noir markers sets are specifical for Tuesday Morning stores. They are handpicked colors from Crafters Campanion ( Spectrum Noir) and have been created sets for Tuesday Morning customers. They will work with your Spectrum Noir alcohol based markers as well as other brands. They also are not refillable." .. I inquired ( emailed) about these markers with Crafters Companion cause they are different from the ones I have and thats what they told me."

Here is what I found on the markers at TM
Old 03-12-2018, 08:53 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazorkayView Post
"If any body wants to know the Spectrum Noir markers sets are specifical for Tuesday Morning stores. They are handpicked colors from Crafters Campanion ( Spectrum Noir) and have been created sets for Tuesday Morning customers. They will work with your Spectrum Noir alcohol based markers as well as other brands. They also are not refillable." .. I inquired ( emailed) about these markers with Crafters Companion cause they are different from the ones I have and thats what they told me."

Here is what I found on the markers at TM
Thank you for the update. For less than a $1 a marker it seems like a great deal. I can also say that I am not one that would refill my markers so that isn't an issue for me. My biggest hang up was the way they are marked and I can work with that. It is nice to have additional colors
Old 03-23-2018, 07:28 AM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

After a little more debating and a little online searching I discovered I could get the 24pack sets, not the TM ones, from Consumer Crafts for $3 more from Consumer Crafts and then I don't end up with duplicates or odd shaped, non-refillable markers. My daughter is more excited to have the entire color families now.