Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-08-2010, 07:55 AM   #521  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My sweet baby sis brought over my birthday gift yesterday...she got me a couple of the little storage zippered things for cards. I also have asked for one of the white centers that you put the unit on and the card storage things go on it. It has a little drawer under it...Then when all the pink stuff comes I will be buying all of it..and the hands free stuff too...It will sure help me produce a lot more cards for the troops...
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2010, 08:03 AM   #522  
Pearl-ExPert

I cant wait for the hands free unit. I just purchased a 12x12 glass mat.. I've had my Slice for a few years and it took me this long.. but I cant wait for the ease of not having to hold onto it. I also saw that they are coming out with spray adhesive, so much easier and less messy then the glue.. The hands free unit is suposed to be released in March I think.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2010, 01:42 PM   #523  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapWithMView Post
I cant wait for the hands free unit. I just purchased a 12x12 glass mat.. I've had my Slice for a few years and it took me this long.. but I cant wait for the ease of not having to hold onto it. I also saw that they are coming out with spray adhesive, so much easier and less messy then the glue.. The hands free unit is suposed to be released in March I think.
Alas, waiting is not one of my virtues . . . I so want that yesterday . . . *sigh* . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2010, 02:14 PM   #524  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Fredericksburg, VA, but originally from Scotland!:)

I am with Julie! Patience is certainly NOT one of my virtues either, lol!! I did get 2 new design cards in the mail today, so at least I have some more shapes to play with, BUT I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE HANDSFREE GADGET!!! I also ordered the Think Pink cartridge from Oh My Crafts on sale, and hopefully I will get that soon too, as that will speed up my machine! Whatever was I thinking when I started making cards? I somehow foolishly thought that I would save money by never having to buy another card!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!
http://cardsbysimplydawn.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2010, 02:16 PM   #525  
Stazon Splitcoast

Where are all your projects, people?!!! Show me your projects!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2010, 05:16 PM   #526  
Stazon Splitcoast

Only about 120 hours until I get to hold my new pink slice...I asked my friend to be sure and plug it in the day before I get to her place..BUT I forgot to tell her NOT to use it...lol
hugs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2010, 09:50 PM   #527  
Mad Swapper

I am so lovin' my little Slice. However...having to wait until March for the hands free...it's killin' me!!! I'm with you Julie...I want it yesterday!!! If I weren't using the few spare minutes I have to make cards, I'd be quilting as well. I have the same addiction to fabric that I do to paper. I have tried really hard to not buy any fabric recently...but with the new fusible stuff...um yeah. Gonna have to get some of the amazing fabric I've had my eye on since the last "Market" (the equivalent of CHA in the quilting world).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2010, 03:07 PM   #528  
Rubber Obsessor

I would like to thank you wonderful crafters for all the info in the slice. I am trying to decide what to buy. An sizzix eclips or a slice? So far I am leaning towards the slice with all the information. I do like the new features I am reading and the size is excellent! I wish there was somewhere to use a coupon. I am in the north-east, AC Moore and Michaels, you can not use a coupon at their stores either. Thanks again for sharing all your knowledge and excitement! You are infectious! AB

Quote:

Originally Posted by garkarlonView Post
Hi Binx!

I saw a video on the Making Memories blog yesterday that showed how the new pens work. It looks like there are markers (different color options) and ball point pens (again, different color options). It looks like the tips are attached to the machine very similar to the cutting blades.

They also demonstrated the hands free collar a bit in the same video, and it appears that the collar comes with a magnetic mat, so when you attach the collar to your Slice, there are magnets built into it, and then they attach to the magnet mat, keeping the Slice in place. It's pretty cool, and I will definitely be adding it to my collection of soon to be received Slice products. These ladies here rock with how much knowledge they have about the Slice and how willing they are to share/enable! LOL

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2010, 04:08 PM   #529  
Rubber Obsessor

The Slice is on sale here for 99.99. If you sign up for her newsletter, you get 10% off. I'm not sure how long it's on sale for though.

http://www.craft-e-corner.com/c-42-slice-machines.aspx

I order from her a lot and have always been really happy and she has good sales.

I post about that site a lot but I don't have any connection other than a happy shopper. I so wish I had found her before I ordered mine from somewhere else :-( and paid more.

Cyndi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2010, 05:21 PM   #530  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntiebeanieView Post
I would like to thank you wonderful crafters for all the info in the slice. I am trying to decide what to buy. An sizzix eclips or a slice? So far I am leaning towards the slice with all the information. I do like the new features I am reading and the size is excellent! I wish there was somewhere to use a coupon. I am in the north-east, AC Moore and Michaels, you can not use a coupon at their stores either. Thanks again for sharing all your knowledge and excitement! You are infectious! AB
The Eclipse, from what I could tell at CHA, is basically a sleeker looking Cricut, that comes paired with its own Gypsy. Right now with the standard Cricuts, you have to buy the Gypsy separately; it's not built into the Cricut starter kit, so to speak.

If you are a scrapper, you might prefer one of the larger style electronic die cutters because the Slice cuts shapes only to a max of 4".

Many of us Slice fun-addicts (LOL!) are really into card-making more than scrapbooking, so that's one reason why we luuuuurves the Slice. It also takes up the least amount of storage space, and it's super portable.

I was not paid to say that.

;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2010, 06:57 PM   #531  
Rubber Obsessor

I scrap but have been having all kinds of fun with cards and some candy treat holders, stuff like that, using the Slice. It's really handy for smaller stuff and taking with me.

I still like my Cricut though, I am thinking of upgrading to the larger one, but not sure yet. I have found with my scrappin, I much prefer making 8 x 8 books, so the smaller Cricut works just fine. I want the bigger one to make some of the non-scrapbook projects that require the bigger size.

Hubby just rolls his eyes.

Cyndi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2010, 07:21 PM   #532  
Pearl-ExPert

My little blue baby comes home from Making Memories soon!! Got the email that he is shipping out today repaired and ready to go! YAHOO!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2010, 05:21 AM   #533  
Matboard Maniac

Just got Spooky Alley for 20.50 and Noteworthy for 17.00 off Ebay. Can't wait to get those. There are some great prices on Ebay if you search hard.

Got my pink slice all charged up (in case we lose power in the blizzard) and prepped my glass. Gonna do some scrappin' today while I watch the snow fall.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2010, 07:06 AM   #534  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcillView Post
I scrap but have been having all kinds of fun with cards and some candy treat holders, stuff like that, using the Slice. It's really handy for smaller stuff and taking with me.

I still like my Cricut though, I am thinking of upgrading to the larger one, but not sure yet. I have found with my scrappin, I much prefer making 8 x 8 books, so the smaller Cricut works just fine. I want the bigger one to make some of the non-scrapbook projects that require the bigger size.

Hubby just rolls his eyes.

Cyndi
I have considered getting one of the bigger electronic cutters just for doing gift boxes, and such I will admit. But, I don't have dedicated counter space for it right now, and it's one of those things I would want to have right on the counter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2010, 07:20 AM   #535  
Matboard Maniac

I have the Cricut Expression and was actually debating on keeping it or not after I got the slice. It's a keeper. I like doing the paper piecing bears/dolls/animals/etc.

Once I get my scraproom done, I'm going to cut out some nice script sayings/words to decorate the walls with.

There is lots of uses for the Cricut still but I have to keep it off to the side. For a fast cut that is small, the Slice is perfect.

I keep my Slice right next to me where I'm working. I have also taken it to a crop and that sure did save me some tabletop space! Love the little compact size of it.

I only have 2 cards (with 2 on the way). I haven't bought any of the Circut cartridges as I do mainly SVG files with SCAL. They both definately have a place in my scraproom.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2010, 07:28 AM   #536  
Stampin' Fool

Well my new slice is at the post office, unfortunately we are in the midst of a snow storm so I won't be able to pick it up until tomorrow. I am having slice withdrawal and I really wanted to make some cards. I'm thinking about just heading in and stamping some cards, oh my! LOL! I haven't stamped a card in a long time. I do need to make a valentines day card and a birthday card for my son. His birthday is March 14. I can't believe that he is almost 14.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2010, 07:57 AM   #537  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry if this has been asked before....

When I got my Slice (used) I also got the embossing tips. How do I use them?? Do I need a special pad? Is there anything special I need to do to change the tips?

Any help is welcome!

Deb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2010, 08:11 AM   #538  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcorderView Post
Sorry if this has been asked before....

When I got my Slice (used) I also got the embossing tips. How do I use them?? Do I need a special pad? Is there anything special I need to do to change the tips?

Any help is welcome!

Deb
http://whyslice.com/HowTos/detail/sl...embossing-tips

http://whyslice.com/HowTos/detail/ch...mbossing-tips-

:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2010, 08:30 AM   #539  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have 3 cards for the slice already...will get my little pink cutie on Saturday...do you think they will let me bring it in my carry on to come home? I dread trying to put it in my checked baggage......I will have six cards to play with. Yep Ebay has some great deals, that is where the first three cards came from.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2010, 09:24 AM   #540  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Julie!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2010, 07:52 PM   #541  
Pearl-ExPert

MY BABY IS HOME! Making Memories fixed him and sent him home with goodies. I cant wait to take him into the store tomorrow and start working with him again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2010, 08:08 AM   #542  
Stampin' Fool

Well my new slice came today. I'm hoping I don't have problems with it like the other one. I was reading on 2 peas that one of the Making Memories customer service reps said that they have had problems with the cables and the battery. That is exactly what I found with the one they wouldn't repair. I took it apart and found that a cable was completely off and I am still having battery issues with it. Error message = battery issue. I purchased the new one via the infomercial (I wanted everything this time) and they didn't send the marker tips so I had to call and have them sent. I was trying to figure out what to do with the tips without the ink, lol. I'm tired I guess. I had to watch the infomercial again to see that I was actually missing the three marker tips. It's charging and my office is freezing so I decided to veg instead of play. I did like the paper that was included and also can't wait to play with the embossing tips.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2010, 08:38 AM   #543  
Matboard Maniac

Default CARD IDEAS

Does anyone have a gallery/blog out there for the cards they have made with their Slice? I just got mine the other day and am so excited to get going with it. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with all the possibilities. Looking at others ideas and creativity really seems to help me get going.

Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2010, 09:04 AM   #544  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by BibbyView Post
Does anyone have a gallery/blog out there for the cards they have made with their Slice? I just got mine the other day and am so excited to get going with it. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with all the possibilities. Looking at others ideas and creativity really seems to help me get going.

Thanks everyone!
I think a number of us try to put "Slice" in the keywords of our gallery uploads here on SCS, so you might try doing a gallery search that way to see projects that showcase it?

I don't have a dedicated category to Slice on my own blog because it's still kinda new for me. But, I do have a search function on my blog that you can use to find cards I've made that use the Slice on some way or another.

HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2010, 07:28 AM   #545  
Stazon Splitcoast

Tomorrow I get to see my new pink baby...I cant wait to use the cards that I have already accumulated...I purchased the can of repositionable spray...I am ready to get slicing....lol
blessings ladies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2010, 12:45 PM   #546  
Stampin' Fool

Has anyone tried the vinyl for vinyl lettering? I couldn't get it to stick properly to the cutting mat. This is MM's vinyl. I also got the Think Pink cartridge finally. I think the images are beautiful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #547  
Stampin' Fool

Thumbs up for Croppinparadise.com I just ordered the Think Pink card and it's already been shipped. That's excellent customer service.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2010, 07:26 PM   #548  
Matboard Maniac

I can't wait to receive my new cards (Noteworthy and Spellbound). Not sure when I will though. My UPS that was scheduled for Wednesday has been pushed back to Monday. "Adverse Weather Conditions".

My part of Maryland isn't dealing with this snow very well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 06:44 AM   #549  
Matboard Maniac

Michaels in Maryland ad says 40% off Slice machine and accessories. Today, Sunday 2/14 from 1-7pm. Hurry!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 07:05 AM   #550  
Gallery Gazer

Anyone interested in seeing a slice card challenge blog? I have yet to see one. There is one for the cuttlebug and the cricut so why not the slice?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 07:18 AM   #551  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by TamidolphinView Post
Anyone interested in seeing a slice card challenge blog? I have yet to see one. There is one for the cuttlebug and the cricut so why not the slice?
I would definitely be interested.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 09:06 AM   #552  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by TamidolphinView Post
Just another idea to consider (if a blog is a little overwhelming to maintain-I struggle just keeping up with my own blog): mebbe a Slice challenge thread in the challenge forums could be an alternative?

Either way, I think it'd be awesome cuz I would love to see more inspiration for using my Slice! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 09:56 AM   #553  
Pearl-ExPert

I really want someone to come to our store and teach a Slice class!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 04:09 PM   #554  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollybearView Post
All Slice cards and accessories are 50% off today at Michaels!! I got 2 and 2 packs of blades.

Has anyone tried to cut felt with the Slice?
I'm hesitant to try it given that SU! c/s and 110# c/s, etc. is more challenging to cut thru, UKWIM?

Mebbe someone will get brave and try it and report back! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 04:10 PM   #555  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollybearView Post
All Slice cards and accessories are 50% off today at Michaels!! I got 2 and 2 packs of blades.

Has anyone tried to cut felt with the Slice?

I wish I had a Michael's closer than an hour away--I would have liked to have gotten refill blades for that price. *pout*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 04:12 PM   #556  
Rubber Obsessor

Ours had the 40% that was in the ad. Where are you that they had 50%?
I got Basics 3 and Spook Alley. I 'might' go back for Spring later on this week.
Cyndi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 04:36 PM   #557  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will the M's sale be good tomorrow (Monday)?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 05:06 PM   #558  
Matboard Maniac

40% in Maryland also. I bought my daughter the Signature Handbag for it (29.99) and she bought Spook Alley ($23 and some change), the tool kit, and the design card holder.

Was (think it was only one day) a great sale for Slice. Rarely do I see any cutting machine items on sale.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 05:27 PM   #559  
Rubber Obsessor

They are on sale all week, part of the regular sale ad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 10:51 PM   #560  
Mad Swapper

Thanks for the heads up on the sale. I still have a raincheck from Cyber Monday for the Spook Alley card (for 19.99)...hasn't been in stock every time I've checked the past two months...maybe I should try again tomorrow!
Reply With Quote Likes