Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-07-2006, 06:32 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sizzix question

I am so excited! I am getting a big shot die cutter for Christmas and have been looking at the sizzix dies on ebay. Some are yellow and some are red. Is there any difference? Thanks for helping a die-cut newbie!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2006, 06:39 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

The red dies are the biggest size and the yellow are a medium size. They also have green dies that are the smallest.

I don't think Ebay always have the best prices on dies but sometimes you can find a deal. I get my dies when they are on sale or with a coupon to Joanns or Michaels. You can also buy them online at creative express or directly from Sizzix who have sales all of the time.

Enjoy your new toy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2006, 06:53 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Just Me

Tuesday is sale day at Sizzix.com - they have deals. Also, I bought some at joanns.com today - they are on crazy sale!!
UK ~ US ~ Spectrum Noir
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2006, 06:57 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Keep an eye on Sizzix.com & Creativexpress.com as they both run sales frequently. FYI, Sizzix is going to a new logo & is trying to dump all of their old logo stuff at bargain basement prices (50-70% off)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2006, 04:21 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Warning about buying from Sizzix.com

Just an fyi about buying from Sizzix.com
I bought a die from them that was defective and I had to pay to return it to them which costs as much as the die did. Even though is was defective they don't reimburse you for the cost to send back their bad products or for the shipping you paid to get the bad product sent to you.
I feel Sizzix.com ripped me off by sending me a bad die then not backing their product and making me pay to return their bad stuff to them. (If you look at the paper pieces that are showing in the clear window of the package it was very evident that there was a problem with the die, but they sent it anyway.) The people at the factory knew there was a problem when they punched out the paper pieces in the package but sent it to Sizzix.com and Sizzix.com didn't bother to look at it either and still shipped it to me.
What ever happed to quality control and plain old customer service by admitting you sold a bad product and making it right with the consumer?
With customer service like that, I sure won't buy anything else from them and I used to buy a lot.
I learned a good lesson. From now on, I only buy dies from a retail store so if there's a problem I can take it back to the store for a refund.
Reply With Quote Likes