Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-20-2008, 11:24 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much would i really use a binditall?

i saw that someone posted about getting a bind-it-all half off through TAC. now of course i want it, but i'm thinking, how much will i really use it? i do like the thought of making my own altered scrapbooks.... it's 65 in the catty, which means a little over 30. if i use it 6 times it's paid for. (if you look at the price of binding at kinko's. i'm just not sold on it yet....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2008, 11:24 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

oh, and the scor-pal.... would someone tell me why that thing is 40 bucks and does the same thing as a bone folder?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2008, 05:19 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I earned both of these items, hostessing a TAC party. I'm not sure how much I will use the bind-it-all but it was a great deal. I saw it being demonstrated on either HSN or QVC a while back and they even made a scrapbook out of a license plate so it its very durable. I will have my first grandbaby in the fall and know it will get allot of use then. As for the scor-pal, it is great for scoring cards, very accurate. Also can be used to make boxes. Another cool thing that convinced me is that it is being used to emboss the front of cards. Go to the gallery and type in scor-pal in the search box. Some pretty awesome samples will pop up. It took me a while and allot of convincing but I finally caved. I'm not sorry I did it and really looking forward to using both of these cool tools.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2008, 05:30 AM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did my first TAC order because of this special, but don't find the bind it all to be worth my purchase. I can find plenty of unfinished binders/photo albums/journals etc to decorate. I got the scor-pal and crop-a-dile at half price and find both of them to be worth it for half price. There are lots of decorated cards done with the scorpal

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2008, 08:20 AM   #5  
Crimping Master

I would suggest the scor-pal over the BIA. I use my scor-it(same concept just a little different) on every single card to fold it in half. It has paid for itself many times over
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2008, 11:32 AM   #6  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think it's really going to depend on what your needs are. i would suggest going to the gallery and searching on "BIA" or "bind it all" before discounting it's uses however. it's not just for making scrapbooks. HERE'S a holiday project i made for some friends.

i've seen tons of ideas. i bought one last year, have used it more times than i thought i would, and have found it worthy of the retail price i paid. it's a tool that will last forever as well IMHO.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:42 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

I love my BIA! I just finished making a kind of flip book that uses the BIA and it really turned out neat! I have also made other books with it. I bought mine at a craft store that accepted 40% off coupons, so only spent $25 on my machine. The owires are not expensive, especially with coupons off. My DH even thinks it is neat, and I have made him a spiral post it note holder that he uses on his desk at work.
I am going to plan on making some sample books, or taking pics, so I can sell bound books, etc. along with selling cards.

I do agree with the other posters, though, that it depends on what your needs are. I don't have a scor-it, and don't think I need one. I have a cutter that also has a scoring blade, which is fine with me.

Hope you are able to make the decision that works for you. Good luck!

Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2008, 01:31 PM   #8  
Embossing Fanatic

When i saw the BIA i wanted it right away! but have put it off, as i am trying to curtail my spending at this time and use up alot of the stuff i have before purchasing more. sounds awful, but i'm ok iwth it.

But don't think the BIA is off my list of things to get, i'm just waiting, i'm really excited to see more of people's projects with this great new tool!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2008, 01:41 PM   #9  
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I - so far - never alter anything.. so I guess I am a bad person to ask as to whether one needs that .

I have however had a score pal for 2 or more years. I have never used it!! It just looks so complicated...LOL!! However , as I see people using their score -pal to emboss on their cards, I keep thinking , yes, I should really figure out how to use it. I use my cuttlebug all of the time - somehow, making lines or scores just doesn't seem worth it to me enough to get around to learning the scorepal. But one day... I'm not ready to part with it yet.

Think about how often/ how much you like to use tools for starters. That is the best advice I can give!! I have to tell you I have a cropodile too - and rarely use it - prefer my silent setter. Maybe I am just challenged when it comes to crafters tools???

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2008, 01:49 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by debzi333View Post
I - so far - never alter anything.. so I guess I am a bad person to ask as to whether one needs that .

I have however had a score pal for 2 or more years. I have never used it!! It just looks so complicated...LOL!! However , as I see people using their score -pal to emboss on their cards, I keep thinking , yes, I should really figure out how to use it. I use my cuttlebug all of the time - somehow, making lines or scores just doesn't seem worth it to me enough to get around to learning the scorepal. But one day... I'm not ready to part with it yet.

Think about how often/ how much you like to use tools for starters. That is the best advice I can give!! I have to tell you I have a cropodile too - and rarely use it - prefer my silent setter. Maybe I am just challenged when it comes to crafters tools???
You sound like me lol. I have the BIA haven't used it yet and I am getting the scor-pal, again not sure how much I will use it. Did I even have the space for it? NOPE. Did I care, NOPE lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2008, 02:03 PM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

If you have ever made your own books and tied them together with ribbon, you will use the BIA! I made my travel journals, envelope books and a whole lot of other things before the BIA came into my life. (See my older posts in my gallery!) Now that I own one, I use it all the time. My projects are a lot more 'professional' looking, take me half the time and it really has paid for itself with just those two points alone.

However, if you have never done a project like the ones mentioned above without the BIA, you may not think it's worth it. It all depends on how you will use it, and if you will use it. Don't buy it with the idea of, "Well, I might use it one day". That's like buying jeans that are two sizes too small just because they are on sale, with the idea of, "I'm going to fit into them some day"! If you know you will use it, then buy it!! And don't forget - there WILL be another sale on it some day. EVERYTHING is on SALE at one point or another! ;)

The Blog

The Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2008, 02:18 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

okay, i think i'm going to get the bind it all, because i do alter journals, and have made albums out of cds and other things. i'm not getting the scor-pal, because i just can't justify the cost for a thingy that helps you make lines, my trimmer has a scoring blade...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2008, 06:27 PM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

Sooooo - did you order it???? And if so, when will you receive it???

The Blog

The Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2008, 07:08 PM   #14  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

My humble opinion- I LOVE the Scor-pal. Check out this card: All of the lines were made with a Scor-pal and it took about 1 minute!
Attached Thumbnails
how much would i really use a binditall?-pic-5.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2008, 07:59 PM   #15  
Mad Swapper

A word of caution on using license plates. If you go to Zutter's site they do 'not' recommend using license plates and it will 'void' the warranty on the machine. Someone did do that, but I believe it was an aluminum license plate that was very thin metal. If you use a license plate you do so at your own risk so thought you would like to know that .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2008, 07:25 PM   #16  
Insane Embellisher

I'm still waiting on my Bind it All to get here, any day now hopefully! But here is my list of things I want to try:
memory verse book
recipe book
card keeper
"dates to remember" book
"sermon notes" book
prayer journal
coaster box
post-it note holder
calendar

As for the Scor-pal - you can make multiple score lines without ever moving your cardstock. AND they are straight! My fiskars trimmer/score blade never scored this well! My SP has saved me so much time too. Even if you only make regular cards, it's worth it. But it has dots showing you where to score for a gate-fold card and triangles that show you where to score an 11" piece into thirds. SO quick and easy! Also, it's very light weight and if you stand it up, it takes up very little space.

Ok, my commercial is over, LOL! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2008, 09:03 PM   #17  
Insane Embellisher

I bought my BIA as a half-priced item from TAC--not because I thought I would get a lot of use out of it, but because I wanted to have it available for my customers to try/use. Once I actually took it out of the box and used it, I was glad that I had it just for myself. So far I've just made some Post-It note holders, but I have lots of things on my 'to do' list to use it for. It is really fun to use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2008, 09:19 PM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

I used my BIA to make one of the license plate notebooks worked great!
Reply With Quote Likes