Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Scor-Tape vs SU Red Sticky Tape (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/scor-tape-vs-su-red-sticky-tape-481169/)

LMstamps 02-20-2010 01:40 PM

Scor-Tape vs SU Red Sticky Tape

I am curious as to whether Scor-Tape and SU Red Sticky Tape do the same thing? If they do not, what do the different tapes do? TIA :-) LM

StampinHappyInCT 02-20-2010 01:43 PM

Yes, they are basically the same thing, although the Scor-Tape can be easily ripped with your finger, whereas the SU red sticky tape has to be cut with scissors.

Lone Pine Designs 02-20-2010 02:01 PM

Scor-tape also comes in different widths which is great.

NancyK. 02-20-2010 02:13 PM

Have you looked into the Miracle Tape sold by Viva Las Vegas Stamps? Its a much better deal.

I am not associated with VLVS - just a happy customer!

willosmama 02-20-2010 02:17 PM

*and* the scor tape has no profile, it is thin. I can't be felt under the paper or ribbon or seen!
Scor Tape is fabulous!!! I think I have every size known to man and that's my go to adhesive!

davesgram 02-20-2010 02:42 PM

There is another brand that is suppose to be scor-tape exactly and comes in several sizes including 4 1/2 and sheets! And much less expensive. I want to try it cause right now I use scor tape and love it. But I can't find the web site! Will post when I do, cause I know I have it.

davesgram 02-20-2010 02:46 PM

This is scor-tape but packaged under another name according to the site.
Here it is:
http://www.7kidscollegefund.com/category_s/447.htm

katestamps716 02-20-2010 02:51 PM

First, not all redline tapes are the same. I use i {stick} papers redline tape.
It is a double sided adhesive tape consisting of a transparent polyester film and acrylic adhesive. The adhesive system offers a secure bond even at elevated temperatures and was originally made for the mounting of ABS plastic parts in the car industry.

It is also used for the mounting of decorative profiles and mouldings in the furniture industry. I'm not sure about Scor-Tape but because this particular redline tape (they don't all have this property) was made to endure heat, you can emboss with it.

Temperature Resistance: 392� F (short term) and 176� F (long term)

I use it for all my boxes and anything I need a really strong hold for. **

davesgram 02-20-2010 02:54 PM

good to know Kate.

cardsbynikki 02-20-2010 04:36 PM

I prefer scor-tape to redline tapes. I haven't tried Kate's yet but the others I've tried don't have as strong a hold as the scor-tape and the scor-tape is cheaper than most redlines. I also like that it doesn't have the static-y back and can be torn easily with my fingers. And very excited that I can buy Sookwang with 7kids now!!! Especially the extended sizes. Very cool.

davesgram 02-20-2010 04:43 PM

When I got the scor-tape I thought it was a good price and I am very impressed with the product too.

SDiegoGal 02-20-2010 05:18 PM

Scor-tape is heat resistant. You can heat emboss with it.

TexasGrammy 02-20-2010 07:26 PM

Yes, Scor-Tape does well with heat embossing. ;)

willosmama 02-20-2010 08:56 PM

Hi Tex!! *waving*
how are you?!?!!?

& i love how you can't feel or see it- when i used to use the red lined tape for my ribbon, it always had that ledge-

TexasGrammy 02-20-2010 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willosmama (Post 16176103)
Hi Tex!! *waving*
how are you?!?!!?

& i love how you can't feel or see it- when i used to use the red lined tape for my ribbon, it always had that ledge-

LOL
Hey Sweet Lady!
I'm dandy! Hopin' you are as well! ;)

allee's 02-20-2010 09:48 PM

And the backing you remove from the Scor-Tape does not have the static cling problem you get with red line tape! Boy, was that annoying!!

Scor-Tape devotee here!

MSBetsyZ 02-21-2010 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpelham (Post 16176013)
Scor-Tape is just tearable.

:)) Took me a sec, lol!

LMstamps 02-21-2010 09:50 AM

heat emboss with Scor-Tape?

I am curious as to what types of projects would require heat embossing with Scor-Tape?
LM :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDiegoGal (Post 16175061)
Scor-tape is heat resistant. You can heat emboss with it.

Anemone 02-21-2010 11:55 AM

Another scor-tape fan here. The one thing I DO prefer red-line tape for over scor-tape is beaded pens. Scor-tape just isn't deep enough for the beads to sink into. Other than that, I LOVE my scor-tape, and it is absolutely my adhesive of choice for 3-D items.

stamp_momma 02-22-2010 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMstamps (Post 16177998)
I am curious as to what types of projects would require heat embossing with Scor-Tape?
LM :-)

I think what they are saying is that you can put the Scor-Tape down, cover with embossing powder and actually emboss with the tape as your transfer agent (opposed to using a pigment ink to hold the embossing powder). Think edge borders, boxes for other design elements, etc.

kikikaren 02-22-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lone Pine Designs (Post 16173762)
Scor-tape also comes in different widths which is great.

Redline tape does too. SU and Hobby Lobby just happen to sell only one size. Mike's also sells some now, but I think they also sell the same one size.

To me, Scor-Tape doesn't hold quite as well, though it holds pretty darn well. For lighter weight boxes, it's a go to tape, as it's so easy to use (it tears and the backing isn't full of static). For heavier boxes, it can fail to fully hold, depending on the box design. However, for everyday use, I'd choose Scor-Tape over the redline tape as it's so much faster to use and does have that flat profile.

SDiegoGal 02-22-2010 03:06 PM

Here's something not craft related that have used both SU sticky tape and Scor-tape for (although I would recommend the Scor-tape for it moreso) - I use a little bit on the insides of my low plunging necklines, so that I don't accidentally flash anyone.

cardsbynikki 02-22-2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDiegoGal (Post 16186286)
Here's something not craft related that have used both SU sticky tape and Scor-tape for (although I would recommend the Scor-tape for it moreso) - I use a little bit on the insides of my low plunging necklines, so that I don't accidentally flash anyone.

It doesn't hurt coming back off? Good use of stuff though! We use it all over the house here for all sorts of different things.

Stampin' Sooz 02-23-2010 05:21 AM

Quote:

:) I've also used it to keep my tank top straps lined up with my bra straps -- I do not enjoy the bra strap as a fashion statement look!

pjw2855 02-23-2010 05:27 AM

You ladies are a riot with your alternate uses for the Scor-Tape. I guess that's what's called "thinking out of the box".

Patti

P.S. Scor-Tape makes a good skirt or pant leg hem sticker also! Nicer than scotch tape.

debbiemom23cs 02-23-2010 05:46 AM

Quote:

LOL!!!

I prefer the Sookwang tape because I hate how hard it is to get rid of the red line liner stuff. Plus the bonus of being able to tear it is fantastic!