Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   SCISSOR WORTH IT??? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/scissor-worth-211281/)

stampin'momma 01-04-2007 02:56 PM

SCISSOR WORTH IT???

Hi I need some help deciding if I should buy the pricey scissors that SU sells. I have been using some from the dollar store which do a good job but since it is sellabration I thought maybe I could splurge and not feel guilty. So are they worth it??? Thanks

mochamap 01-04-2007 02:59 PM

Go ahead and get them. They are the best! I thought the same thing at first and once I bought them, there was no turning back!

Kiko 01-04-2007 03:01 PM

I think you'll be so glad you got them once you've used them.

Suzyq01 01-04-2007 03:01 PM

yes yes yes yes yes! I am really frugal (cheap) and I would rather spend my money on stamps but I HATED to cut the durn things out. I finally broke down a couple years ago and got them and they really made a difference for me. I still don't enjoy cutting out the stamps (would rather stamp than cut), but it has made it an easier task and less painful too! So I say buy them already...and earn that free stamp set (or three)!

olivia'smom 01-04-2007 03:04 PM

Definitely go with SU. I thought another brand was fine until I used a friend of mine scissors. They cut rubber awesome....

beena 01-04-2007 03:04 PM

Definately..so worth it. I should have got them sooner.

I'm even thinking about ordering 2 more of the paper snips. Because I love them so much.

psychkim 01-04-2007 03:26 PM

Yup...I put it off for a long time but I really like them :)

KirstenM 01-04-2007 03:43 PM

You NEED them! I LOVE mine!

Laurie FW 01-04-2007 03:44 PM

They are so terrific! I waited three years to get them and am SO SORRY I WAITED SO LONG! You won't regret them, they are way better than any scissors I have ever used!

Boss 01-04-2007 03:58 PM

Yes, get the SU (KAI brand) scissors - they are better than you could ever imagine!!!! I bought a pair from KAI before SU started to carry them and then bought another pair from SU....yes, I do use 2 pair and love doing it! There is no comparison of the SU scissors to dollar store scissors - it's like comparing a butter knife to a ginzu... LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the rubber scissors!!!!!

stampin'momma 01-04-2007 03:59 PM

WOW what an overwhelming response. Thanks for the info I guess they are going on todays order. You ladies are wonderful. Anything anyone needs to know you can help. Thanks again.

Marsha

PH in VA 01-04-2007 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beena
Definately..so worth it. I should have got them sooner.

I'm even thinking about ordering 2 more of the paper snips. Because I love them so much.

I agree that the craft & rubber scissors are worth every penny. However, the paper snips are identical (except in color) to the Cutterbee scissors made by E K Success, which can be found more affordably at stores such as Wal-Mart.

wagleg 01-04-2007 04:04 PM

I love my SU scissors. Then I asked the ladies at Stamp night if they used them to cut ribbon. NO!!! So I then also purchased Fiskars scissors (same shape as SU's) to use only for my ribbon. I just love a perfect cut end to ribbon.

StampinSweetie 01-04-2007 04:08 PM

Yep, they are *sooo* worth it!

I didn't realize how much I loved mine until I loaned them to my SIL for a few days. I had some down time and attempted to cut a few sets with regular scissors. Let's just say I was only able cut out one stamp before quitting!

stampingsue 01-04-2007 04:23 PM

I will be the nay sayer, sorry guys, but I prefer Creative Memories scissors. I can get 4 pairs for the price of one SU! I have the SU! scissors but always find myself going after the CM ones. My sisters think I am strange because they love the SU! scissors, so I guess it just depends on the user.

GMC 01-04-2007 04:29 PM

You need these! I thought I misplaced them the other day...they ended up under the bed in my craft room, but while I was looking for them, my first impulse was to purchase another set because I cannot be without them for cutting rubber! You won't regret purchasing those scissors.

JulieHRR 01-04-2007 05:03 PM

Well, I own 4 pairs of them. I guess that means I likey. ;)

Stamp0654 01-04-2007 05:07 PM

Hands down - buy them! I am cheap - worth the bucks!

Carol Lee 01-04-2007 05:07 PM

I've never used SU scissors but I really like the Cutter Bee scissors and Creative Memories scissors are good too!

imataloss 01-04-2007 05:31 PM

I have to chime in here and say how muh I love them. I got an extra pair in my demo kit and thought i'd give them as a C hristmas gift......WHO was I kidding? I'm hoarding!!!! lol

krabearkub 01-04-2007 05:40 PM

Definitely get them!! You'll really like them. :)

mesuezee 01-04-2007 06:01 PM

Absolutely! Get them!!!

vdoyle8 01-04-2007 06:06 PM

There is nothing better for cutting rubber! Buy them - you won't regret it!
I love my cutter bee & CM scissors also ... they are great for paper but can't hold a candle to the SU rubber scissors for cutting stamps.

K. Benko 01-04-2007 06:52 PM

Do these scissors from SU cut ribbon. I have the cutter bee's and they don't cut ribbon worth a hoot but they cut rubber really well. I went to the $ store and bought a $1 scissors and they cut ribbon better than my cutter bee's. Go figure!

jtax 01-04-2007 07:28 PM

I love mine! I bought them from KAI directly and were just a little less than getting the same ones (I think) from SU. You will be very glad you purchased them, I am sure!

birdbrain 01-04-2007 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K. Benko
Do these scissors from SU cut ribbon. I have the cutter bee's and they don't cut ribbon worth a hoot but they cut rubber really well. I went to the $ store and bought a $1 scissors and they cut ribbon better than my cutter bee's. Go figure!

For ribbon I use fabric scissors, for paper I use SU's paper snips, for rubber I use SU's craft and rubber scissors (I own 2 pair of these little gems). I am a firm believer that scissors should have their own dedicated use and should not be used for any other purpose, which keeps them sharp and ready for the job they're designed for.:)

karla56 01-05-2007 03:29 AM

I use Tonic Pattern scissors and would not change for anything! They are terrific. I will have to agree that the Creative Memories scissors are good too.

Arlene Bridges 01-05-2007 04:06 AM

I so love my SU scissors. They cut the rubber like butter. You certainly won't get that from the dollar store pairs *believe me I tried*.... When I get my demo kit I am getting a 2nd pair. Then I can have one to stay at my desk and one to *travel* with.

During SAB is a great time to spend the $20 on the scissors.

Suzy_H 01-05-2007 04:13 AM

I just broke down and bought a pair and I really do notice a difference.

pony110 01-05-2007 04:38 AM

I own 2 of the rubber cutting scissors and 2 of the papersnips and yet I can never find them when I need them. I love them though!

just lovely 01-05-2007 04:58 AM

i've been debating the same thing--- thanks for the input,
it will be ordered