Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Scalloped Punches? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/scalloped-punches-240929/)

hangaboli 04-16-2007 07:53 AM

Scalloped Punches?

I'm sure this has been asked before but where are you all getting your scalloped punches? I LOVE the circle and oval ... does Michael's sell them or is my best bet somewhere online?

Thanks for you help!
Erin

Silvergirl 04-16-2007 09:14 AM

Hello. My Michael's never seems to have them. Occasionally, I'll see a scalloped square punch...

I've been successful in ordering both the circle and oval scallop punches from JoAnn's (on-line). I was patient and waited for an on-line coupon, which made it darn-near irresistable.

I hope that helps,
Lisa

quirky62 04-16-2007 09:39 AM

I've been wanting the scalloped punches too. I went to JoAnnes.com and didn't see any scalloped punches there, only regular shapes. Does that mean that they are out of stock or am I not searching correctly?

Thanks for your help.

sweetpea111403 04-16-2007 09:42 AM

I got mine from
http://www.franticstamper.com/

Silvergirl 04-16-2007 10:06 AM

Sorry... I just checked and JoAnn's must be out of stock. I'll have to do a little digging at alternates and let you know.

lise

godchick 04-16-2007 10:13 AM

I got mine from www.morethanink.com I've been really happy with the service they provide and the prices are reasonable too!

The punches that I've seen at my Michaels have not been the Clever Lever ones, instead they are the ones that you have to push down on pretty hard to get the paper to punch through. It seems that general consensus is to go for the Clever Lever ones...they are SO much easier to operate.

Choc0holic 04-16-2007 11:31 AM

I purchased my giga scalloped punches from franticstamper.com and my mega scalloped punches from Marco's Paper. I ordered the megas last Friday and they were in stock then. Good luck! All of the stores by me either haven't had the scalloped punches or have been out of stock for AGES.

Stampin4sandra 04-16-2007 12:15 PM

I got mine at Onestopshop.com.... took about 3 weeks total, but worth the wait....

Stamp Happy Susie 04-16-2007 12:24 PM

I got my scallop oval from All That Scraps ~ free shipping when you spend $10 or more... I love buying from them and Frantic Stamper. :)

godchick is right about Michael's.... I bought my scallop square from them last year and it takes all my strength to use it. I usually put it on the floor and step on it. lol I find I don't use it much because it's so much work.

ohstop1 04-16-2007 12:31 PM

I was lucky enough to find 4 of the scalloped punches this weekend while shopping at Stampadoodle and Treasury of Memories in Bellingham, WA. It felt a little like winning the lottery! I checked the Marvy Uchida website last night and I think they had some that franticstamper was out of. Good luck!

MikiBee 04-16-2007 01:29 PM

I got lucky and got my circle and square scallops from stampandgo.com last week. Shipping was very fast! They were back ordered on one of my circles though, and will ship this week when they get more in stock.

Unfortuntaly I ordered a giga oval punch from scrapbookingsuppliesrus.com a month ago and still haven't heard anything about it! I emailed this morning to find out what the delay is (first they said April 2, then April 10, but still nothing). At least I have the mega one though.

madebyme 04-16-2007 02:09 PM

I ordered the giga circle scallop and giga oval scallop last Tuesday from stampandgo.com and it arrived on Friday (3 days!!) I tried to order from onestopsquare two months ago and had a terrrible time getting my money back (I am sure you could find the past threads on this company - many scs shared their problems with this company - beware!) Good luck finding them - they are awesome!

madebyme2.blopspot.com

NHolder 04-16-2007 02:45 PM

You can order directly from the Marvy Uchida company. http://www.uchida.com/ That's what I did. The scallop punches were on backorder, but I received them last week. I earned a free punch and they sent me a couple samples of markers. It's cool to get something FREE.

Kathy W 04-16-2007 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamp Happy Susie
I got my scallop oval from All That Scraps ~ free shipping when you spend $10 or more... I love buying from them and Frantic Stamper. :)

godchick is right about Michael's.... I bought my scallop square from them last year and it takes all my strength to use it. I usually put it on the floor and step on it. lol I find I don't use it much because it's so much work.

I also got my punches from All That Scraps (giga scalloped square and circle). I am so excited; the scalloped circle came today, and I have been punching circles like crazy. And yes, I have a regular giga circle without the lever (from Michael's with the coupon), and it is extremely hard to use. I learned my lesson to look for just the lever ones from now on. Hope you get your punches soon!

KayInFL 04-16-2007 04:53 PM

I got mine at Joanns.com. Search for Marvy Scalloped punches and check back often :) If you find them, order 'em because if you wait, they will be gone! I also got free shipping when I got mine.

palval77 04-17-2007 12:51 AM

I ordered last week from stampandgo.com too. I received my order on Saturday. I got the giga scalloped circle and oval and the mega scalloped circle (they were out of the mega scalloped oval. I was happy with their service.

Valerie

Quote:

Originally Posted by madebyme
I ordered the giga circle scallop and giga oval scallop last Tuesday from stampandgo.com and it arrived on Friday (3 days!!) I tried to order from onestopsquare two months ago and had a terrrible time getting my money back (I am sure you could find the past threads on this company - many scs shared their problems with this company - beware!) Good luck finding them - they are awesome!

madebyme2.blopspot.com

stampertammy 04-17-2007 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikiBee
I got lucky and got my circle and square scallops from stampandgo.com last week. Shipping was very fast! They were back ordered on one of my circles though, and will ship this week when they get more in stock.

Unfortuntaly I ordered a giga oval punch from scrapbookingsuppliesrus.com a month ago and still haven't heard anything about it! I emailed this morning to find out what the delay is (first they said April 2, then April 10, but still nothing). At least I have the mega one though.

Well, that's not encouraging... I ordered from scrapbookingsuppliesrus myself last week. I ordered a mega oval from createforless.com and it supposedly shipped the next day, so hopefully will arrive soon.

mcbenjam 04-17-2007 02:36 AM

I've gotten 6 (giga and mega circle, oval, and square), all at 40-50% off, and all at JoAnn.com over the past several months. Since I'm not willing to pay full retail for them, I just had to be patient and check the web every day or so. It depends on how much you're willing to pay. To get them cheaply, you'll have to wait until they are actually in stock at a store that has a valid coupon. It might take a while, but it can be done. I'm also in the free shipping club, so they were an even better deal.

Mary

holo3850 04-17-2007 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcbenjam
I've gotten 6 (giga and mega circle, oval, and square), all at 40-50% off, and all at JoAnn.com over the past several months. Since I'm not willing to pay full retail for them, I just had to be patient and check the web every day or so. It depends on how much you're willing to pay. To get them cheaply, you'll have to wait until they are actually in stock at a store that has a valid coupon. It might take a while, but it can be done. I'm also in the free shipping club, so they were an even better deal.

Mary

O.K. I think I am missing something I have gone on Joann.com and put in scalloped punches and nothing comes up does that mean they are out of them or do you have a direct link to them. I have looked before and nothing comes up either. Kim

mcbenjam 04-17-2007 02:05 PM

I don't think I ever searched specifically on scalloped punches. I was usually looking at all their punches to see what was new, and made sure I checked the giga and mega scalloped about once a day. Usually they didn't show up as in stock, but when they did I would order one just in case. Some people here have ordered, only to get an email later that they were out of stock, but that never happened to me. Good luck!

Mary

mommystamps 04-17-2007 02:13 PM

joann.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by holo3850
O.K. I think I am missing something I have gone on Joann.com and put in scalloped punches and nothing comes up does that mean they are out of them or do you have a direct link to them. I have looked before and nothing comes up either. Kim

They are out. I had been hunting them down online for about 2 weeks. After discovering different sites that carry them, I noticed a few said, "expecting a shipment 4/10." So I tried back 4/11, Joanns had them ALL online! (2 days before I had gotten the mega scallop square in the store. The associate said they wouldn't be carrying them anymore in the store, but sometimes can find them online). Ok, so I order online 8 AM. So excited! 24 hours later someone mentioned they couldn't find them online there. I checked, and they were all gone! I thought I was taking crazy pills. But I found my email. Ok, haven't lost it yet. Later that night I got an email from them saying "out of stock." Not a happy stamper, let me tell you!! I just couldn't believe that I ordered it practically first thing, and they weren't able to fulfill it. Oh well. I ordered off of stampingsuppliesrus and expecting it from them.
Good luck! It's insane.

Novell 04-17-2007 02:23 PM

I was at my LSS earlier today. She was on the phone trying to order some scallop punches and she was telling the person on the other end "I don't know what's up with these punches! They've been around forever but now no one can keep them in stock!" I told her it was because of SCS! She was like "Sheesh!" I also told her Marvy is coming out with some new shapes so she'd better get on the ball and order some of those, too. ;)

PMR 04-17-2007 02:24 PM

I ordered from Marvy www.uchida.com. They were here in 2 weeks I think. I was at a LSS on Sat. they had just received a huge order and had tons. Marvy had free shipping. I could not wait any longer I really wanted to use them for my son's First Communion invitations. I think they are worth the money.

stampertammy 04-20-2007 12:58 PM

Just wanted everyone to know what great luck I had this week! Ordered a mega oval from www.createforless.com on Friday, April 13. Ordered a giga scalloped oval, and mega circle from www.scrapbookingsuppliesrus.com also on Friday. Both arrived today! I suppose I just lucked out and they happened to be in stock but just wanted everyone to know the good results I had with these 2 companies!

Nurse_Terry 04-20-2007 01:06 PM

As if we did not need more punches...there will be scalloped "rectangle" punches coming out in mid-July according to Frantic Stamper website. I cannot wait! I just got my ovals and circles last week and I am so loving them.

JennyAlia 04-20-2007 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holo3850

You need to look under marvy punches - giga and mega sizes. I think they were all out when I checked a few days ago.

shann106 04-20-2007 01:39 PM

Everyone is out of these punches- even the manufacturer. The demand has been so high becasue of SCS that no one can keep up. I found them a few days ago on a Canadian site but they are out now.
They are going for over $80 on ebay.

shann106 04-20-2007 01:40 PM

Here is a link to another thread about the punches:
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=241666

jenrn 04-20-2007 02:49 PM

I was finally able to order the scalloped oval from my LSS! She said she had a shipment last week and sold out the same day.

Hopefully next week I'll be getting a call and can go pick up my punch!

Choc0holic 04-20-2007 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choc0holic
I purchased my giga scalloped punches from franticstamper.com and my mega scalloped punches from Marco's Paper. I ordered the megas last Friday and they were in stock then. Good luck! All of the stores by me either haven't had the scalloped punches or have been out of stock for AGES.

My mega punches came today from Marcos...their website still show them in stock in mega and giga.

MUSIKEL 04-20-2007 03:20 PM

I ran in my LSS this afternoon to "reward" myself and picked up the mega and giga oval scalloped punches. She had 3 more of each so I guess there aren't many in my town who know of the craze surrounding them. I love those mongo Marvy punches!

adifrog 04-20-2007 06:00 PM

Someone in another thread earlier today said she found one at the local Dollar Tree (no kidding, name brand punch and all). I think it was one of the square versions (maybe a less fought-over version?). Might be worth checking out!

adifrog 04-20-2007 06:11 PM

Here it is:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=241679

(I hope that works! If not, it's in the announcements forum.)

bsvinci 04-21-2007 10:55 PM

Scalloped Giga Circle

I have an extra scalloped giga circle if anyone is still looking for one!!

dolphinprncss03 04-22-2007 12:36 AM

i had posted somewhere else also my LSS has the giga and mega square punches in and if you want send me a PM and i can go there this week and see if they still have them i was there thrusday and they had several still

dorism6220 04-26-2007 05:11 PM

My order for a mega scalloped punch finally arrived - I'm sure they have more -

Contact [email protected]

dkafla 05-01-2007 03:00 PM

I just checked QVC and MEGA Scalloped Square Punches (Clever Lever) are instock!

wendella247 05-09-2007 07:54 AM

Uchida Clever Lever Giga Punch Scalloped Oval-in Stock!!

For anyone who is interested--I just received a notice from www.createforless.com today that they have the Giga scalloped oval punches in stock. I already found one at Marvy several weeks ago.

wendella247 05-10-2007 08:18 AM

Marvy Gigs scalloped circle punches are in stock at Createforless

For anyone who is interested--I received another e-mail today from Createforless.com. Now they also have the 2 7/8 Gigacircle punches back in stock.